Workplace flexibility and new product development performance: The role of telework and flexible work schedules
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bowen, Frances E. & Rostami, Mahdi & Steel, Piers, 2010. "Timing is everything: A meta-analysis of the relationships between organizational performance and innovation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(11), pages 1179-1185, November.
- Kevin Daniels & David Lamond & Peter Standen, 2001. "Teleworking: Frameworks for Organizational Research," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(8), pages 1151-1185, December.
- Bourreau, Marc & Dogan, Pinar, 2001.
"Regulation and innovation in the telecommunications industry,"
Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 167-184, April.
- Marc Bourreau & Pinar Doğan, 2001. "Regulation and innovation in the telecommunications industry," Post-Print hal-02085311, HAL.
- Rothwell, R. & Freeman, C. & Horlsey, A. & Jervis, V. T. P. & Robertson, A. B. & Townsend, J., 1974. "SAPPHO updated - project SAPPHO phase II," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 258-291, November.
- Hagedoorn, John & Cloodt, Myriam, 2003. "Measuring innovative performance: is there an advantage in using multiple indicators?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1365-1379, September.
- Godoe, Helge, 2000. "Innovation regimes, R&D and radical innovations in telecommunications," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(9), pages 1033-1046, December.
- Strazdins, Lyndall & Korda, Rosemary J. & Lim, Lynette L-Y. & Broom, Dorothy H. & D'Souza, Rennie M., 2004. "Around-the-clock: parent work schedules and children's well-being in a 24-h economy," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 59(7), pages 1517-1527, October.
- Jarrod M. Haar, 2007. "Exploring the benefits and use of flexitime: similarities and differences," Qualitative Research in Accounting & Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 4(1), pages 69-82, March.
- Bercovitz, Janet & Feldman, Maryann, 2011. "The mechanisms of collaboration in inventive teams: Composition, social networks, and geography," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 81-93, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hyo-Sun Jung & Hye-Hyun Yoon, 2021. "Generational Effects of Workplace Flexibility on Work Engagement, Satisfaction, and Commitment in South Korean Deluxe Hotels," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(16), pages 1-13, August.
- SURUGIU, Marius & SURUGIU, Camelia & MAZILESCU, Raluca, 2018. "ICTs AND EMPLOYMENT: NEW OPPORTUNITIES ON THE LABOUR MARKET," Annals of Spiru Haret University, Economic Series, Universitatea Spiru Haret, vol. 18(2), pages 117-141.
- Azar, Sana & Khan, Aamir & Van Eerde, Wendelien, 2018. "Modelling linkages between flexible work arrangements' use and organizational outcomes," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 134-143.
- Ko, Eun-Jung & Kim, A-Hyun & Kim, Sang-Soo, 2021. "Toward the understanding of the appropriation of ICT-based Smart-work and its impact on performance in organizations," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 171(C).
- Sanjai Kumar Shukla & Sushil & Manoj Kumar Sharma, 2019. "Managerial Paradox Toward Flexibility: Emergent Views Using Thematic Analysis of Literature," Global Journal of Flexible Systems Management, Springer;Global Institute of Flexible Systems Management, vol. 20(4), pages 349-370, December.
- Maria-Alexandra Sarbu & Cosmin-Nicolae Mirea & Mihaela Mihai & Puiu Nistoreanu & Elham Dadfar, 2021. "Teachers’ and Professors’ Perception of Telework in Romania," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 23(58), pages 736-736, August.
- Meenal Annachhatre & Manasi Gore, 2021. "Rebooting and Rejuvenating India’s External Sector Post-Pandemic," European Journal of Marketing and Economics, European Center for Science Education and Research, vol. 4, January -.
- Aaro Hazak, 2017. "Better not to ask your employees to come to work? Issues in R&D work efficiency," TUT Economic Research Series 32, Department of Finance and Economics, Tallinn University of Technology.
- Andrea Alonso & Andrés Monzón & Yang Wang, 2017. "Modelling Land Use and Transport Policies to Measure Their Contribution to Urban Challenges: The Case of Madrid," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(3), pages 1-28, March.
- Francesca Loia & Paola Adinolfi, 2021. "Teleworking as an Eco-Innovation for Sustainable Development: Assessing Collective Perceptions during COVID-19," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(9), pages 1-16, April.
- Ongaki Jacob, 2019. "An examination of the relationship between flexible work arrangements, work-family conflict, organizational commitment, and job performance," Management, Sciendo, vol. 23(2), pages 169-187, December.
- Rony Prabowo & Moses Laksono Singgih & Putu Dana Karningsih & Erwin Widodo, 2020. "New Product Development from Inactive Problem Perspective in Indonesian SMEs to Open Innovation," Journal of Open Innovation: Technology, Market, and Complexity, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(1), pages 1-20, March.
- Milenko Radonic & Valentina Vukmirovic & Milos Milosavljevic, 2021. "The Impact of Hybrid Workplace Models on Intangible Assets: The Case of an Emerging Country," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 23(58), pages 770-770, August.
- Dodi Wirawan Irawanto & Khusnul Rofida Novianti & Kenny Roz, 2021. "Work from Home: Measuring Satisfaction between Work–Life Balance and Work Stress during the COVID-19 Pandemic in Indonesia," Economies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(3), pages 1-13, June.
- Ge, Jiaqi & Polhill, J. Gareth & Craig, Tony P., 2018. "Too much of a good thing? Using a spatial agent-based model to evaluate “unconventional” workplace sharing programmes," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 83-97.
- Kazekami, Sachiko, 2020. "Mechanisms to improve labor productivity by performing telework," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(2).
- Benedikt Müller-Stewens & Klaus Möller, 2017. "Performance in new product development: a comprehensive framework, current trends, and research directions," Journal of Management Control: Zeitschrift für Planung und Unternehmenssteuerung, Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 157-201, May.
- Toshihiro Okubo, 2021. "Non-routine Tasks and ICT tools in Telework," Keio-IES Discussion Paper Series 2021-017, Institute for Economics Studies, Keio University.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Dziallas, Marisa & Blind, Knut, 2019. "Innovation indicators throughout the innovation process: An extensive literature analysis," Technovation, Elsevier, vol. 80, pages 3-29.
- Annapoornima M. Subramanian & Young Rok Choi & Soo-Hoon Lee & Chang-Chieh Hang, 2016. "Linking technological and educational level diversities to innovation performance," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 41(2), pages 182-204, April.
- Sasa Ding & Frank McDonald & Yingqi Wei, 2021. "Is Internationalization Beneficial to Innovation? Evidence from a Meta-analysis," Management International Review, Springer, vol. 61(4), pages 469-519, August.
- Clò, Stefano & Florio, Massimo & Rentocchini, Francesco, 2020. "Firm ownership, quality of government and innovation: Evidence from patenting in the telecommunication industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(5).
- Sunyoung Park, 2019. "Identification of Overall Innovation Behavior by Using a Decision Tree: The Case of a Korean Manufacturer," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(22), pages 1-54, November.
- Giuliani, Elisa & Martinelli, Arianna & Rabellotti, Roberta, 2016.
"Is Co-Invention Expediting Technological Catch Up? A Study of Collaboration between Emerging Country Firms and EU Inventors,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 192-205.
- Giuliani , Elisa & Martinelli , Arianna & Rabellotti , Roberta, 2014. "Is Co-Invention Expediting Technological Catch Up? A Study of Collaboration between Emerging Country Firms and EU inventors," Papers in Innovation Studies 2014/25, Lund University, CIRCLE - Centre for Innovation Research.
- Elisa Giuliani & Arianna Martinelli & Roberta Rabellotti, 2015. "Is Co-Invention Expediting Technological Catch Up? A Study of Collaboration between Emerging Country Firms and EU inventors," LEM Papers Series 2015/10, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Kibaek Lee & Jaeheung Yoo & Munkee Choi & Hangjung Zo & Andrew P Ciganek, 2016. "Does External Knowledge Sourcing Enhance Market Performance? Evidence from the Korean Manufacturing Industry," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 11(12), pages 1-19, December.
- Ali, Ayfer & Gittelman, Michelle, 2016. "Research paradigms and useful inventions in medicine: Patents and licensing by teams of clinical and basic scientists in Academic Medical Centers," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(8), pages 1499-1511.
- Bruno Cirillo & Stefano Brusoni & Giovanni Valentini, 2014.
"The Rejuvenation of Inventors Through Corporate Spinouts,"
Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(6), pages 1764-1784, December.
- Bruno Cirillo & Stefano Brusoni & Giovanni Valentini, 2014. "The Rejuvenation of Inventors Through Corporate Spinouts," Post-Print halshs-01948175, HAL.
- Wang, Liang & Tan, Justin & Li, Wan, 2018. "The impacts of spatial positioning on regional new venture creation and firm mortality over the industry life cycle," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 41-52.
- Su, Hsin-Ning & Moaniba, Igam M., 2017. "Investigating the dynamics of interdisciplinary evolution in technology developments," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 12-23.
- Forman, Chris & van Zeebroeck, Nicolas, 2019.
"Digital technology adoption and knowledge flows within firms: Can the Internet overcome geographic and technological distance?,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(8), pages 1-1.
- Chris CM Forman & Nicolas van Zeebroeck, 2019. "Digital technology adoption and knowledge flows within firms: Can the Internet overcome geographic and technological distance?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/277616, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Bing Zhou & Yumeng Li & Shengzhong Huang & Sidai Guo & Bing Xue, 2019. "Customer Concentration and Corporate Innovation: Effects of Financing Constraints and Managers’ Expectation of Chinese Listed Companies," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(10), pages 1-19, May.
- Carlino, Gerald & Kerr, William R., 2015.
"Agglomeration and Innovation,"
Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, in: Gilles Duranton & J. V. Henderson & William C. Strange (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 5, chapter 0, pages 349-404,
- Gerald A. Carlino & William R. Kerr, 2014. "Agglomeration and innovation," Working Papers 14-26, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Gerald Carlino & William R. Kerr, 2014. "Agglomeration and Innovation," Harvard Business School Working Papers 15-007, Harvard Business School.
- Carlino, Gerald & Kerr, William R., 2015. "Agglomeration and innovation," Research Discussion Papers 27/2015, Bank of Finland.
- Gerald Carlino & William R. Kerr, 2014. "Agglomeration and Innovation," NBER Working Papers 20367, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pino G. Audia & Jack A. Goncalo, 2007. "Past Success and Creativity over Time: A Study of Inventors in the Hard Disk Drive Industry," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Ed Burton & David John Edwards & Chris Roberts & Nicholas Chileshe & Joseph H. K. Lai, 2021. "Delineating the Implications of Dispersing Teams and Teleworking in an Agile UK Construction Sector," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(17), pages 1-20, September.
- Miozzo, Marcela & Desyllas, Panos & Lee, Hsing-fen & Miles, Ian, 2016. "Innovation collaboration and appropriability by knowledge-intensive business services firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(7), pages 1337-1351.
- Noailly, Joëlle & Batrakova, Svetlana, 2010. "Stimulating energy-efficient innovations in the Dutch building sector: Empirical evidence from patent counts and policy lessons," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(12), pages 7803-7817, December.
- Stam, Wouter, 2009. "When does community participation enhance the performance of open source software companies?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 1288-1299, October.
- Ricardo Moutinho & Manuel Au-Yong-Oliveira & Arnaldo Coelho & José Pires Manso, 2016. "Determinants of knowledge-based entrepreneurship: an exploratory approach," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 171-197, March.
More about this item
KeywordsWorkplace flexibility; Innovation; New product development; Telework; Flexible work schedules;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eurman:v:32:y:2014:i:4:p:564-576. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/115/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/115/description#description .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.