Short-term wind speed prediction using empirical wavelet transform and Gaussian process regression
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cao, Qing & Ewing, Bradley T. & Thompson, Mark A., 2012. "Forecasting wind speed with recurrent neural networks," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 221(1), pages 148-154.
- Shi, Jing & Guo, Jinmei & Zheng, Songtao, 2012. "Evaluation of hybrid forecasting approaches for wind speed and power generation time series," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 3471-3480.
- Guo, Zhenhai & Zhao, Weigang & Lu, Haiyan & Wang, Jianzhou, 2012. "Multi-step forecasting for wind speed using a modified EMD-based artificial neural network model," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 241-249.
- Bessa, Ricardo J. & Miranda, V. & Botterud, A. & Zhou, Z. & Wang, J., 2012. "Time-adaptive quantile-copula for wind power probabilistic forecasting," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 29-39.
- Osório, G.J. & Matias, J.C.O. & Catalão, J.P.S., 2015. "Short-term wind power forecasting using adaptive neuro-fuzzy inference system combined with evolutionary particle swarm optimization, wavelet transform and mutual information," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 301-307.
- Zhang, Zhao-Sui & Sun, Yuan-Zhang & Cheng, Lin, 2013. "Potential of trading wind power as regulation services in the California short-term electricity market," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 885-897.
- Yang, Dazhi & Sharma, Vishal & Ye, Zhen & Lim, Lihong Idris & Zhao, Lu & Aryaputera, Aloysius W., 2015. "Forecasting of global horizontal irradiance by exponential smoothing, using decompositions," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 111-119.
- Jiang, Yu & Song, Zhe & Kusiak, Andrew, 2013. "Very short-term wind speed forecasting with Bayesian structural break model," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 637-647.
- Nor, Khalid Mohamed & Shaaban, Mohamed & Abdul Rahman, Hasimah, 2014. "Feasibility assessment of wind energy resources in Malaysia based on NWP models," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 147-154.
- Hu, Jianming & Wang, Jianzhou & Zeng, Guowei, 2013. "A hybrid forecasting approach applied to wind speed time series," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 185-194.
- Kou, Peng & Gao, Feng & Guan, Xiaohong, 2013. "Sparse online warped Gaussian process for wind power probabilistic forecasting," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 410-428.
- P. Pinson, 2012. "Very-short-term probabilistic forecasting of wind power with generalized logit–normal distributions," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series C, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 61(4), pages 555-576, August.
- Hu, Jianming & Wang, Jianzhou & Ma, Kailiang, 2015. "A hybrid technique for short-term wind speed prediction," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 563-574.
- Liu, Da & Niu, Dongxiao & Wang, Hui & Fan, Leilei, 2014. "Short-term wind speed forecasting using wavelet transform and support vector machines optimized by genetic algorithm," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 592-597.
- Cassola, Federico & Burlando, Massimiliano, 2012. "Wind speed and wind energy forecast through Kalman filtering of Numerical Weather Prediction model output," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 154-166.
- Aien, Morteza & Rashidinejad, Masoud & Firuz-Abad, Mahmud Fotuhi, 2015. "Probabilistic optimal power flow in correlated hybrid wind-PV power systems: A review and a new approach," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 1437-1446.
- Erdem, Ergin & Shi, Jing, 2011. "ARMA based approaches for forecasting the tuple of wind speed and direction," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(4), pages 1405-1414, April.
- Alessandrini, S. & Sperati, S. & Pinson, P., 2013. "A comparison between the ECMWF and COSMO Ensemble Prediction Systems applied to short-term wind power forecasting on real data," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 271-280.
- Baran, Sándor, 2014. "Probabilistic wind speed forecasting using Bayesian model averaging with truncated normal components," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 227-238.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:energy:v:130:y:2017:i:c:p:258-275 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:energy:v:152:y:2018:i:c:p:788-803 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:renene:v:126:y:2018:i:c:p:1043-1054 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jeners:v:10:y:2017:i:11:p:1784-:d:117810 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wang, Huai-zhi & Li, Gang-qiang & Wang, Gui-bin & Peng, Jian-chun & Jiang, Hui & Liu, Yi-tao, 2017. "Deep learning based ensemble approach for probabilistic wind power forecasting," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 188(C), pages 56-70.
- Nantian Huang & Chong Yuan & Guowei Cai & Enkai Xing, 2016. "Hybrid Short Term Wind Speed Forecasting Using Variational Mode Decomposition and a Weighted Regularized Extreme Learning Machine," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(12), pages 1-19, November.
- Zhilong Wang & Chen Wang & Jie Wu, 2016. "Wind Energy Potential Assessment and Forecasting Research Based on the Data Pre-Processing Technique and Swarm Intelligent Optimization Algorithms," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(11), pages 1-32, November.
- Jiang, Meihui & An, Haizhong & Jia, Xiaoliang & Sun, Xiaoqi, 2017. "The influence of global benchmark oil prices on the regional oil spot market in multi-period evolution," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 742-752.
- repec:spr:waterr:v:32:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1007_s11269-017-1853-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jeners:v:11:y:2018:i:8:p:1958-:d:160440 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:energy:v:125:y:2017:i:c:p:591-613 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsGaussian process regression model; Wind speed forecasting; Empirical wavelet transforms (EWT);
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:93:y:2015:i:p2:p:1456-1466. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.