Carbon emissions, energy use, real GDP per capita and trade matrix in the Indian economy-an ARDL approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sheldon, Tamara L., 2017. "Asymmetric effects of the business cycle on carbon dioxide emissions," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 289-297.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Rasool, Ghulam & Ahmed, Khalid & Mahalik, Mantu Kumar, 2016.
"Considering the effect of biomass energy consumption on economic growth: Fresh evidence from BRICS region,"
Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 1442-1450.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Ahmed, Khalid & Rasool, Ghulam & Kumar, Mantu, 2016. "Considering the effect of biomass energy consumption on economic growth:fresh evidence from BRICS region," MPRA Paper 70024, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 14 Mar 2016.
- Muhammad Shahbaz & Rashid Sbia & Helmi Hamdi & Ilhan Ozturk, 2014. "Economic growth, electricity consumption, urbanization and environmental degradation relationship in United Arab Emirates," Post-Print halshs-01902764, HAL.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Farhani, Sahbi & Chaibi, Anissa & Rault, Christophe, 2014. "CO2 emissions, output, energy consumption, and trade in Tunisia," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 426-434.
- Narayan, Seema & Doytch, Nadia, 2017. "An investigation of renewable and non-renewable energy consumption and economic growth nexus using industrial and residential energy consumption," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 160-176.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-582 is not listed on IDEAS
- Emeka Nkoro & Aham Kelvin Uko, 2016. "Autoregressive Distributed Lag (ARDL) cointegration technique: application and interpretation," Journal of Statistical and Econometric Methods, SCIENPRESS Ltd, vol. 5(4), pages 1-3.
- Muhammad Shahbaz & Smile Dube & Ilhan Ozturk & Abdul Jalil, 2015. "Testing the Environmental Kuznets Curve Hypothesis in Portugal," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 5(2), pages 475-481.
- Sahbi Farhani & Anissa Chaibi & Christophe Rault, 2014. "A study of CO2 emissions, output,energy consumption, and trade," Working Papers 2014-56, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Al-Mulali, Usama & Saboori, Behnaz & Ozturk, Ilhan, 2015. "Investigating the environmental Kuznets curve hypothesis in Vietnam," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 123-131.
- Sarwar, Suleman & Chen, Wei & Waheed, Rida, 2017. "Electricity consumption, oil price and economic growth: Global perspective," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 9-18.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Solarin, Sakiru Adebola & Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Shahzad, Syed Jawad Hussain, 2017. "Bounds Testing Approach to Analyzing the Environment Kuznets Curve Hypothesis: The Role of Biomass Energy Consumption in the United States with Structural Breaks," MPRA Paper 81840, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 07 Oct 2017.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Khraief, Naceur & Uddin, Gazi Salah & Ozturk, Ilhan, 2014.
"Environmental Kuznets curve in an open economy: A bounds testing and causality analysis for Tunisia,"
Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 325-336.
- Muhammad, Shahbaz & Naceur, Khraief & Gazi Salah, Uddin, 2012. "Environmental Kuznets Curve in an Open Economy: A Bounds Testing and Causality Analysis for Tunisia," MPRA Paper 42706, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 15 Nov 2012.
- Lin, Boqiang & Wesseh Jr., Presley K., 2014. "Energy consumption and economic growth in South Africa reexamined: A nonparametric testing apporach," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 840-850.
- Hanif, Imran, 2017. "Economics-energy-environment nexus in Latin America and the Caribbean," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 141(C), pages 170-178.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- Kais, Saidi & Sami, Hammami, 2016. "An econometric study of the impact of economic growth and energy use on carbon emissions: Panel data evidence from fifty eight countries," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 1101-1110.
- World Bank, 2017. "World Development Indicators 2017," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 26447, June.
- Robert McNown & Chung Yan Sam & Soo Khoon Goh, 2018. "Bootstrapping the autoregressive distributed lag test for cointegration," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(13), pages 1509-1521, March.
- Saboori, Behnaz & Sulaiman, Jamalludin, 2013. "Environmental degradation, economic growth and energy consumption: Evidence of the environmental Kuznets curve in Malaysia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 892-905.
- Ismail, Mohd Adib & Mawar, Murni Yunus, 2012. "Energy use, emissions, economic growth and trade: A Granger non-causality evidence for Malaysia," MPRA Paper 38473, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Antonakakis, Nikolaos & Chatziantoniou, Ioannis & Filis, George, 2017. "Energy consumption, CO2 emissions, and economic growth: An ethical dilemma," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 68(P1), pages 808-824.
- Rafindadi, Abdulkadir Abdulrashid, 2016. "Does the need for economic growth influence energy consumption and CO2 emissions in Nigeria? Evidence from the innovation accounting test," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 1209-1225.
- Tiwari, Aviral Kumar & Shahbaz, Muhammad & Adnan Hye, Qazi Muhammad, 2013.
"The environmental Kuznets curve and the role of coal consumption in India: Cointegration and causality analysis in an open economy,"
Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 18(C), pages 519-527.
- Tiwari, Aviral Kumar & Muhammad, Shahbaz, 2012. "The environmental Kuzents Curve and the role of coal consumption in India: cointegration and causality analysis in an open economy," MPRA Paper 37775, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 31 Mar 2012.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Sarwar, Suleman & Chen, Wei & Malik, Muhammad Nasir, 2017.
"Dynamics of electricity consumption, oil price and economic growth: Global perspective,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 256-270.
- Muhammad, Shahbaz & Sarwar, Suleman & Wei, Chen & Malik, Muhammad Nasir, 2017. "Dynamics of Electricity Consumption, Oil Price and Economic Growth: Global Perspective," MPRA Paper 79532, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 06 May 2017.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-056 is not listed on IDEAS
- Carmona, Mónica & Feria, Julia & Golpe, Antonio A. & Iglesias, Jesus, 2017. "Energy consumption in the US reconsidered. Evidence across sources and economic sectors," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 1055-1068.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:201415 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mezghani, Imed & Ben Haddad, Hedi, 2017. "Energy consumption and economic growth: An empirical study of the electricity consumption in Saudi Arabia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 145-156.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Khoshnava, Seyed Meysam & Rostami, Raheleh & Zin, Rosli Mohamad & Kamyab, Hesam & Abd Majid, Muhd Zaimi & Yousefpour, Alireza & Mardani, Abbas, 2020. "Green efforts to link the economy and infrastructure strategies in the context of sustainable development," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 193(C).
- Solarin, Sakiru Adebola & Bello, Mufutau Opeyemi, 2020. "The impact of shale gas development on the U.S economy: Evidence from a quantile autoregressive distributed lag model," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 205(C).
- Vishal, Devesh & Dubey, Shivesh & Goyal, Rahul & Dwivedi, Gaurav & Baredar, Prashant & Chhabra, Mayank, 2020. "Optimization of alkali-catalyzed transesterification of rubber oil for biodiesel production & its impact on engine performance," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 158(C), pages 167-180.
- Jun Bai & Shixiang Li & Nan Wang & Jianru Shi & Xianmin Li, 2020. "Spatial Spillover Effect of New Energy Development on Economic Growth in Developing Areas of China—An Empirical Test Based on the Spatial Dubin Model," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(8), pages 1-1, April.
More about this item
KeywordsReal gross domestic product per capita; Gross fixed capital formation; Energy use; Carbon emissions; ARDL;
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- O11 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- Q4 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy
- N75 - Economic History - - Economic History: Transport, International and Domestic Trade, Energy, and Other Services - - - Asia including Middle East
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:168:y:2019:i:c:p:1081-1093. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.