Reducing automotive emissions—The potentials of combustion engine technologies and the power of policy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Zervas, Efthimios, 2010. "Analysis of CO2 emissions and of the other characteristics of the European market of new passenger cars. 3. Brands analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 5442-5456, October.
- Zervas, Efthimios, 2010. "Analysis of the CO2 emissions and of the other characteristics of the European market of new passenger cars. 2. Segment analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 5426-5441, October.
- Knecht, Walter, 2008. "Diesel engine development in view of reduced emission standards," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 264-271.
- Kromer, Matthew A. & Bandivadekar, Anup & Evans, Christopher, 2010. "Long-term greenhouse gas emission and petroleum reduction goals: Evolutionary pathways for the light-duty vehicle sector," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 387-397.
- Fontaras, Georgios & Samaras, Zissis, 2010. "On the way to 130Â gÂ CO2/km--Estimating the future characteristics of the average European passenger car," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 1826-1833, April.
- Sperling, Daniel & Gordon, Deborah, 2009. "Two Billion Cars: Driving Toward Sustainability," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195376647.
- David L. Greene, 2010. "Why the New Market for New Passenger Cars Generally Undervalues Fuel Economy," OECD/ITF Joint Transport Research Centre Discussion Papers 2010/6, OECD Publishing.
- Offer, G.J. & Howey, D. & Contestabile, M. & Clague, R. & Brandon, N.P., 2010. "Comparative analysis of battery electric, hydrogen fuel cell and hybrid vehicles in a future sustainable road transport system," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 24-29, January.
- Schoots, K. & Kramer, G.J. & van der Zwaan, B.C.C., 2010. "Technology learning for fuel cells: An assessment of past and potential cost reductions," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 2887-2897, June.
- Clerides, Sofronis & Zachariadis, Theodoros, 2008. "The effect of standards and fuel prices on automobile fuel economy: An international analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 2657-2672, September.
- Doucette, Reed T. & McCulloch, Malcolm D., 2011. "Modeling the CO2 emissions from battery electric vehicles given the power generation mixes of different countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 803-811, February.
- Thiel, Christian & Perujo, Adolfo & Mercier, Arnaud, 2010. "Cost and CO2 aspects of future vehicle options in Europe under new energy policy scenarios," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 7142-7151, November.
- Cuenot, François, 2009. "CO2 emissions from new cars and vehicle weight in Europe; How the EU regulation could have been avoided and how to reach it?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 3832-3842, October.
- Schäfer, Andreas & Heywood, John B. & Weiss, Malcolm A., 2006. "Future fuel cell and internal combustion engine automobile technologies: A 25-year life cycle and fleet impact assessment," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 2064-2087.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:appene:v:204:y:2017:i:c:p:1188-1197 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hanzhengnan Yu & Xingyu Liang & Gequn Shu & Xu Wang & Yuesen Wang & Hongsheng Zhang, 2016. "Experimental Investigation on Wall Film Distribution of Dimethyl Ether/Diesel Blended Fuels Formed during Spray Wall Impingement," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(11), pages 1-17, November.
- Uddin, Kotub & Moore, Andrew D. & Barai, Anup & Marco, James, 2016. "The effects of high frequency current ripple on electric vehicle battery performance," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 178(C), pages 142-154.
- Dechezleprêtre, Antoine & Neumayer, Eric & Perkins, Richard, 2015. "Environmental regulation and the cross-border diffusion of new technology: Evidence from automobile patents," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 244-257.
- repec:eee:appene:v:227:y:2018:i:c:p:634-642 is not listed on IDEAS
- Brand, Christian, 2016. "Beyond ‘Dieselgate’: Implications of unaccounted and future air pollutant emissions and energy use for cars in the United Kingdom," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 1-12.
- repec:gam:jeners:v:11:y:2018:i:9:p:2343-:d:167954 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jeners:v:10:y:2017:i:7:p:832-:d:102251 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sprei, Frances & Karlsson, Sten, 2013. "Energy efficiency versus gains in consumer amenities—An example from new cars sold in Sweden," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 490-499.
- Barbieri, Nicolò, 2015.
"Investigating the impacts of technological position and European environmental regulation on green automotive patent activity,"
Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 140-152.
- Nicolò Barbieri, 2014. "Investigating the impacts of technological position and European environmental regulation on green automotive patent activity," SEEDS Working Papers 3114, SEEDS, Sustainability Environmental Economics and Dynamics Studies, revised Dec 2014.
- Wells, Peter & Varma, Adarsh & Newman, Dan & Kay, Duncan & Gibson, Gena & Beevor, Jamie & Skinner, Ian, 2013. "Governmental regulation impact on producers and consumers: A longitudinal analysis of the European automotive market," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 28-41.
- Samira Ranaei & Matti Karvonen & Arho Suominen & Tuomo KÃ¤ssi, 2016. "Patent-based technology forecasting: case of electric and hydrogen vehicle," International Journal of Energy Technology and Policy, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 12(1), pages 20-40.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:6:p:880-:d:99435 is not listed on IDEAS
- Voltes-Dorta, Augusto & Perdiguero, Jordi & Jiménez, Juan Luis, 2013. "Are car manufacturers on the way to reduce CO2 emissions?: A DEA approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 77-86.
- Bergek, Anna & Berggren, Christian, 2014. "The impact of environmental policy instruments on innovation: A review of energy and automotive industry studies," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 112-123.
- Zhao, Jinxing, 2017. "Research and application of over-expansion cycle (Atkinson and Miller) engines – A review," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 185(P1), pages 300-319.
More about this item
KeywordsAutomotive emissions; Internal combustion engines; Regulation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:41:y:2012:i:c:p:636-643. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.