The hedge value of international emissions trading under uncertainty
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Webster, Mort & Cho, Cheol-Hung, 2006. "Analysis of variability and correlation in long-term economic growth rates," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(5-6), pages 653-666, November.
- Henry D. Jacoby & Richard S. Eckaus & A. Denny Ellerman & Ronald G. Prinn & David M. Reiner & Zili Yang, 1997. "CO2 Emissions Limits: Economic Adjustments and the Distribution of Burdens," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 31-58.
- Mustafa Babiker, John Reilly and Laurent Viguier, 2004. "Is International Emissions Trading Always Beneficial?," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 33-56.
- McFarland, J. R. & Reilly, J. M. & Herzog, H. J., 2004. "Representing energy technologies in top-down economic models using bottom-up information," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 685-707, July.
- Viguier, Laurent L. & Babiker, Mustafa H. & Reilly, John M., 2003. "The costs of the Kyoto Protocol in the European Union," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 459-481, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Matthias Weitzel, 2017. "The role of uncertainty in future costs of key CO2 abatement technologies: a sensitivity analysis with a global computable general equilibrium model," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 22(1), pages 153-173, January.
- Fujimori, Shinichiro & Masui, Toshihiko & Matsuoka, Yuzuru, 2015. "Gains from emission trading under multiple stabilization targets and technological constraints," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 306-315.
- Subimal Chatterjee & Satadruta Mookherjee, 2018. "Valuing bets and hedges," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 13(6), pages 509-513, November.
- Nemet, Gregory F., 2010. "Robust incentives and the design of a climate change governance regime," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 7216-7225, November.
- Chang, Kai & Pei, Ping & Zhang, Chao & Wu, Xin, 2017. "Exploring the price dynamics of CO2 emissions allowances in China's emissions trading scheme pilots," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 213-223.
- Dai, Hancheng & Xie, Yang & Liu, Jingyu & Masui, Toshihiko, 2018. "Aligning renewable energy targets with carbon emissions trading to achieve China's INDCs: A general equilibrium assessment," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 82(P3), pages 4121-4131.
- Shiro Takeda & Toshi H. Arimura & Makoto Sugino, 2019.
"Labor Market Distortions and Welfare-Decreasing International Emissions Trading,"
Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 74(1), pages 271-293, September.
- Shiro Takeda & Toshi H. Arimura & Makoto Sugino, 2015. "Labor Market Distortions and Welfare-Decreasing International Emissions Trading," Working Papers 1422, Waseda University, Faculty of Political Science and Economics.
- Martin Henseler & Ruth Delzeit & Marcel Adenäuer & Sarah Baum & Peter Kreins, 2020. "Nitrogen Tax and Set-Aside as Greenhouse Gas Abatement Policies Under Global Change Scenarios: A Case Study for Germany," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 76(2), pages 299-329, July.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Reilly, J. & Paltsev, S. & Felzer, B. & Wang, X. & Kicklighter, D. & Melillo, J. & Prinn, R. & Sarofim, M. & Sokolov, A. & Wang, C., 2007. "Global economic effects of changes in crops, pasture, and forests due to changing climate, carbon dioxide, and ozone," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 5370-5383, November.
- Mort Webster, 2008. "Incorporating Path Dependency into Decision-Analytic Methods: An Application to Global Climate-Change Policy," Decision Analysis, INFORMS, vol. 5(2), pages 60-75, June.
- Roman Lokhov & Heinz Welsch, 2008. "Emissions trading between Russia and the European Union: a CGE analysis of potentials and impacts," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 9(1), pages 1-23, March.
- Moheddine Younsi & Amine Ben Hadj Hassine & Mustapha Ncir, 2017. "The Economic and Energy Effects of Carbon Dioxide Emissions Trading in the International Market: New Challenge Conventional Measurement," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 8(2), pages 565-584, June.
- Kiuila, O. & Rutherford, T.F., 2013.
"The cost of reducing CO2 emissions: Integrating abatement technologies into economic modeling,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 62-71.
- Olga Kiuila & Thomas F. Rutherford, 2011. "The cost of reducing CO2 emissions: Integrating abatement technologies into economic modeling," Working Papers 2011-26, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Babiker, Mustafa & Gurgel, Angelo & Paltsev, Sergey & Reilly, John, 2009. "Forward-looking versus recursive-dynamic modeling in climate policy analysis: A comparison," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 1341-1354, November.
- Qi, Tianyu & Weng, Yuyan, 2016. "Economic impacts of an international carbon market in achieving the INDC targets," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 886-893.
- Liu, Yu & Tan, Xiu-Jie & Yu, Yang & Qi, Shao-Zhou, 2017. "Assessment of impacts of Hubei Pilot emission trading schemes in China – A CGE-analysis using TermCO2 model," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 189(C), pages 762-769.
- Aliaga Lordemann, Javier & Herrerra Jiménez, Alejandro, 2014. "Energy-Mix Scenarios for Bolivia," Documentos de trabajo 8/2014, Instituto de Investigaciones Socio-Económicas (IISEC), Universidad Católica Boliviana.
- U. Ciorba & A. Lanza & F. Pauli, 2001. "Kyoto Commitment And Emissions Trading: A European Union Perspective," Working Paper CRENoS 200102, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Standardi, Gabriele & Cai, Yiyong & Yeh, Sonia, 2017.
"Sensitivity of modeling results to technological and regional details: The case of Italy's carbon mitigation policy,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 116-128.
- Gabriele Standardi & Yiyong Cai & Sonia Yeh, 2016. "Sensitivity of Modeling Results to Technological and Regional Details: The Case of Italy’s Carbon Mitigation Policy," EcoMod2016 9557, EcoMod.
- Gabriele Standardi & Yiyong Cai & Sonia Yeh, 2017. "Sensitivity of Modeling Results to Technological and Regional Details: The Case of Italy’s Carbon Mitigation Policy," EIA: Climate Change: Economic Impacts and Adaptation 256059, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Gabriele Standardi & Yiyong Cai & Sonia Yeh, 2017. "Sensitivity of Modeling Results to Technological and Regional Details: The Case of Italy’s Carbon Mitigation Policy," Working Papers 2017.19, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Boeters, Stefan & Koornneef, Joris, 2011. "Supply of renewable energy sources and the cost of EU climate policy," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 1024-1034, September.
- Babiker, Mustafa & Reilly, John & Ellerman, Denny, 2000. "Japanese Nuclear Power and the Kyoto Agreement," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 169-188, September.
- Wood, Peter John & Jotzo, Frank, 2011.
"Price floors for emissions trading,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 1746-1753, March.
- Wood, Peter John & Jotzo, Frank, 2009. "Price Floors for Emissions Trading," Research Reports 94885, Australian National University, Environmental Economics Research Hub.
- Peter John Wood & Frank Jotzo, 2009. "Price Floors for Emissions Trading," Working Papers 2009.118, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Wood, Peter John & Jotzo, Frank, 2009. "Price Floors for Emissions Trading," Sustainable Development Papers 56211, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Peter Wood & Frank Jotzo, 2009. "Price Floors for Emissions Trading," Environmental Economics Research Hub Research Reports 0936, Environmental Economics Research Hub, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Li, Wei & Jia, Zhijie, 2016. "The impact of emission trading scheme and the ratio of free quota: A dynamic recursive CGE model in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 174(C), pages 1-14.
- McFarland, James R. & Paltsev, Sergey & Jacoby, Henry D., 2009. "Analysis of the Coal Sector under Carbon Constraints," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 404-424, May.
- Hwang Won-Sik & Oh Inha & Lee Jeong-Dong, 2014. "The Impact of Korea’s Green Growth Policies on the National Economy and Environment," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 14(4), pages 1-30, October.
- Sue Wing, Ian & Eckaus, Richard S., 2007. "The implications of the historical decline in US energy intensity for long-run CO2 emission projections," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 5267-5286, November.
- Qu, Jiansheng & Zeng, Jingjing & Li, Yan & Wang, Qin & Maraseni, Tek & Zhang, Lihua & Zhang, Zhiqiang & Clarke-Sather, Abigail, 2013. "Household carbon dioxide emissions from peasants and herdsmen in northwestern arid-alpine regions, China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 133-140.
- Wissema, Wiepke & Dellink, Rob, 2007.
"AGE analysis of the impact of a carbon energy tax on the Irish economy,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(4), pages 671-683, March.
- Wiepke Wissema & Rob Dellink, 2006. "CGE Analysis of the Impact of a Carbon Energy Tax on the Irish Economy," EcoMod2006 272100104, EcoMod.
More about this item
KeywordsClimate change Emissions trading Uncertainty;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:38:y:2010:i:4:p:1787-1796. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.