Expert opinions on carbon dioxide capture and storage--A framing of uncertainties and possibilities
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Unruh, Gregory C. & Carrillo-Hermosilla, Javier, 2006. "Globalizing carbon lock-in," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 1185-1197, July.
- Spreng, Daniel & Marland, Gregg & Weinberg, Alvin M., 2007. "CO2 capture and storage: Another Faustian Bargain?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 850-854, February.
- van Alphen, Klaas & van Voorst tot Voorst, Quirine & Hekkert, Marko P. & Smits, Ruud E.H.M., 2007. "Societal acceptance of carbon capture and storage technologies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 4368-4380, August.
- Meijer, Ineke S.M. & Hekkert, Marko P. & Koppenjan, Joop F.M., 2007. "The influence of perceived uncertainty on entrepreneurial action in emerging renewable energy technology; biomass gasification projects in the Netherlands," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 5836-5854, November.
- Shackley, Simon & Verma, Preeti, 2008. "Tackling CO2 reduction in India through use of CO2 capture and storage (CCS): Prospects and challenges," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 3554-3561, September.
- Ockwell, David G. & Watson, Jim & MacKerron, Gordon & Pal, Prosanto & Yamin, Farhana, 2008. "Key policy considerations for facilitating low carbon technology transfer to developing countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 4104-4115, November.
- Neij, Lena, 2008. "Cost development of future technologies for power generation--A study based on experience curves and complementary bottom-up assessments," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 2200-2211, June.
- Utgikar, V.P. & Scott, J.P., 2006. "Energy forecasting: Predictions, reality and analysis of causes of error," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 3087-3092, November.
- MacKerron, Gordon, 1992. "Nuclear costs : Why do they keep rising?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(7), pages 641-652, July.
- Jamasb, T. & Köhler, J., 2007.
"Learning Curves For Energy Technology and Policy Analysis: A Critical Assessment,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
0752, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Tooraj Jamasb & Jonathan Kohler, 2007. "Learning Curves for Energy Technology and Policy Analysis: A Critical Assessment," Working Papers EPRG 0723, Energy Policy Research Group, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
- de Coninck, Heleen, 2008. "Trojan horse or horn of plenty? Reflections on allowing CCS in the CDM," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 929-936, March.
- Damen, Kay & Faaij, André & van Bergen, Frank & Gale, John & Lysen, Erik, 2005. "Identification of early opportunities for CO2 sequestration—worldwide screening for CO2-EOR and CO2-ECBM projects," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 30(10), pages 1931-1952.
- Shackley, Simon & Waterman, Holly & Godfroij, Per & Reiner, David & Anderson, Jason & Draxlbauer, Kathy & Flach, Todd, 2007. "Stakeholder perceptions of CO2 capture and storage in Europe: Results from a survey," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 5091-5108, October.
- Riahi, Keywan & Rubin, Edward S. & Schrattenholzer, Leo, 2004. "Prospects for carbon capture and sequestration technologies assuming their technological learning," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 29(9), pages 1309-1318.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eckhause, Jeremy & Herold, Johannes, 2014. "Using real options to determine optimal funding strategies for CO2 capture, transport and storage projects in the European Union," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 115-134.
- Lock, Simon J. & Smallman, Melanie & Lee, Maria & Rydin, Yvonne, 2014. "“Nuclear energy sounded wonderful 40 years ago”: UK citizen views on CCS," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 428-435.
- Kraeusel, Jonas & Möst, Dominik, 2012. "Carbon Capture and Storage on its way to large-scale deployment: Social acceptance and willingness to pay in Germany," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 642-651.
- Lee, Jui-Yuan & Tan, Raymond R. & Chen, Cheng-Liang, 2014. "A unified model for the deployment of carbon capture and storage," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 140-148.
- Rahman, Farahiyah Abdul & Aziz, Md Maniruzzaman A. & Saidur, R. & Bakar, Wan Azelee Wan Abu & Hainin, M.R & Putrajaya, Ramadhansyah & Hassan, Norhidayah Abdul, 2017. "Pollution to solution: Capture and sequestration of carbon dioxide (CO2) and its utilization as a renewable energy source for a sustainable future," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 112-126.
- Koo, Jamin & Han, Kyusang & Yoon, En Sup, 2011. "Integration of CCS, emissions trading and volatilities of fuel prices into sustainable energy planning, and its robust optimization," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 665-672, January.
- Lee, Suh-Young & Lee, Jae-Uk & Lee, In-Beum & Han, Jeehoon, 2017. "Design under uncertainty of carbon capture and storage infrastructure considering cost, environmental impact, and preference on risk," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 189(C), pages 725-738.
- Hong-Hua Qiu & Jing Yang, 2018. "An Assessment of Technological Innovation Capabilities of Carbon Capture and Storage Technology Based on Patent Analysis: A Comparative Study between China and the United States," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(3), pages 1-20, March.
- Zheng, Li & Dongjie, Zhang & Linwei, Ma & West, Logan & Weidou, Ni, 2011. "The necessity of and policy suggestions for implementing a limited number of large scale, fully integrated CCS demonstrations in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 5347-5355, September.
- Ming, Zeng & Shaojie, Ouyang & Yingjie, Zhang & Hui, Shi, 2014. "CCS technology development in China: Status, problems and countermeasures—Based on SWOT analysis," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 604-616.
- Christine Merk & Gert Pönitzsch & Katrin Rehdanz, 2019.
"Do climate engineering experts display moral-hazard behaviour?,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(2), pages 231-243, February.
- Merk, Christine & Pönitzsch, Gert & Rehdanz, Katrin, 2018. "Do climate engineering experts display moral-hazard behaviour?," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 182103, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Ma, Jinchen & Zhao, Haibo & Tian, Xin & Wei, Yijie & Rajendran, Sharmen & Zhang, Yongliang & Bhattacharya, Sankar & Zheng, Chuguang, 2015. "Chemical looping combustion of coal in a 5kWth interconnected fluidized bed reactor using hematite as oxygen carrier," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 157(C), pages 304-313.
- Nduagu, Experience & Romão, Inês & Fagerlund, Johan & Zevenhoven, Ron, 2013. "Performance assessment of producing Mg(OH)2 for CO2 mineral sequestration," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 116-126.
- Chong, Fah Keen & Lawrence, Kelvin Kuhanraj & Lim, Pek Peng & Poon, Marcus Chinn Yoong & Foo, Dominic Chwan Yee & Lam, Hon Loong & Tan, Raymond R., 2014. "Planning of carbon capture storage deployment using process graph approach," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 641-651.
- Stephens, Jennie C. & Jiusto, Scott, 2010. "Assessing innovation in emerging energy technologies: Socio-technical dynamics of carbon capture and storage (CCS) and enhanced geothermal systems (EGS) in the USA," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 2020-2031, April.
- Fischlein, Miriam & Larson, Joel & Hall, Damon M. & Chaudhry, Rumika & Rai Peterson, Tarla & Stephens, Jennie C. & Wilson, Elizabeth J., 2010. "Policy stakeholders and deployment of wind power in the sub-national context: A comparison of four U.S. states," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 4429-4439, August.
- Evar, Benjamin, 2011. "Conditional inevitability: Expert perceptions of carbon capture and storage uncertainties in the UK context," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3414-3424, June.
- Zhang, Dongjie & Liu, Pei & Ma, Linwei & LI, Zheng, 2013. "A multi-period optimization model for planning of China's power sector with consideration of carbon dioxide mitigation—The importance of continuous and stable carbon mitigation policy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 319-328.
- Bowen, Frances, 2011. "Carbon capture and storage as a corporate technology strategy challenge," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 2256-2264, May.
- Verbruggen, Aviel & Al Marchohi, Mohamed, 2010. "Views on peak oil and its relation to climate change policy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 5572-5581, October.
- Scott, Vivian, 2013. "What can we expect from Europe's carbon capture and storage demonstrations?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 66-71.
- Davies, Lincoln L. & Uchitel, Kirsten & Ruple, John, 2013. "Understanding barriers to commercial-scale carbon capture and sequestration in the United States: An empirical assessment," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 745-761.
- Krüger, Timmo, 2017. "Conflicts over carbon capture and storage in international climate governance," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 58-67.
More about this item
KeywordsCarbon dioxide capture and storage (CCS) Expert opinions Uncertainty;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:37:y:2009:i:6:p:2273-2282. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.