A re-examination of maturity effect of energy futures price from the perspective of stochastic volatility
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Apostolos Serletis, 1992. "Unit Root Behavior in Energy Futures Prices," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 119-128.
- Jacquier, Eric & Polson, Nicholas G & Rossi, Peter E, 2002. "Bayesian Analysis of Stochastic Volatility Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 69-87, January.
- McCausland, William J. & Miller, Shirley & Pelletier, Denis, 2011. "Simulation smoothing for state-space models: A computational efficiency analysis," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 199-212, January.
- Garry F. Barrett & Stephen G. Donald, 2003. "Consistent Tests for Stochastic Dominance," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(1), pages 71-104, January.
- Frühwirth-Schnatter, Sylvia & Wagner, Helga, 2010. "Stochastic model specification search for Gaussian and partial non-Gaussian state space models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 154(1), pages 85-100, January.
- Beaulieu, Marie-Claude, 1998. "Time to maturity in the basis of stock market indices: Evidence from the S&P 500 and the MMI," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 177-195, September.
- Saurabh Gupta & Prabina Rajib, 2012. "Samuelson Hypothesis & Indian Commodity Derivatives Market," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer;Japanese Association of Financial Economics and Engineering, vol. 19(4), pages 331-352, November.
- Bekiros, Stelios D. & Diks, Cees G.H., 2008.
"The relationship between crude oil spot and futures prices: Cointegration, linear and nonlinear causality,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 2673-2685, September.
- Bekiros, S. & Diks, C.G.H., 2007. "The Relationship between Crude Oil Spot and Futures Prices: Cointegration, Linear and Nonlinear Causality," CeNDEF Working Papers 07-11, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Duong, Huu Nhan & Kalev, Petko S., 2008. "The Samuelson hypothesis in futures markets: An analysis using intraday data," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 489-500, April.
- Petko S. Kalev & Huu Nhan Duong, 2008. "A test of the Samuelson Hypothesis using realized range," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(7), pages 680-696, July.
- Ronald W. Anderson, 1985. "Some determinants of the volatility of futures prices," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 5(3), pages 331-348, September.
- Vinod, H. D., 2004. "Ranking mutual funds using unconventional utility theory and stochastic dominance," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 353-377, June.
- Houthakker, Hendrik S. & Williamson, Peter J., 1996. "The Economics of Financial Markets," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195044072, June.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/1906 is not listed on IDEAS
- Daal, Elton & Farhat, Joseph & Wei, Peihwang P., 2006. "Does futures exhibit maturity effect? New evidence from an extensive set of US and foreign futures contracts," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 113-128.
- Jacquier, Eric & Polson, Nicholas G & Rossi, Peter E, 1994. "Bayesian Analysis of Stochastic Volatility Models: Comments: Reply," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 12(4), pages 413-417, October.
- Chen, Pei-Fen & Lee, Chien-Chiang & Zeng, Jhih-Hong, 2014. "The relationship between spot and futures oil prices: Do structural breaks matter?," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 206-217.
- Sangjoon Kim & Neil Shephard & Siddhartha Chib, 1998. "Stochastic Volatility: Likelihood Inference and Comparison with ARCH Models," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 65(3), pages 361-393.
- repec:bla:restud:v:65:y:1998:i:3:p:361-93 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nikolaos T. Milonas, 1986. "Price variability and the maturity effect in futures markets," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(3), pages 443-460, September.
- Kastner, Gregor & Frühwirth-Schnatter, Sylvia, 2014. "Ancillarity-sufficiency interweaving strategy (ASIS) for boosting MCMC estimation of stochastic volatility models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 408-423.
- M. Angeles Carnero, 2004. "Persistence and Kurtosis in GARCH and Stochastic Volatility Models," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 2(2), pages 319-342.
- Serletis, Apostolos, 1992. "Maturity effects in energy futures," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 150-157, April.
- Samuelson, Paul A, 1976. "Is Real-World Price a Tale Told by the Idiot of Chance?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 58(1), pages 120-123, February.
- Pedro Gurrola & Renata Herrerías, 2011. "Maturity effects in the Mexican interest rate futures market," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 31(4), pages 371-393, April.
- Yen‐Ju Chen & Jin‐Chuan Duan & Mao‐Wei Hung, 1999. "Volatility and maturity effects in the Nikkei index futures," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(8), pages 895-909, December.
- Kastner, Gregor, 2016. "Dealing with Stochastic Volatility in Time Series Using the R Package stochvol," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 69(i05).
- Tina M. Galloway & Robert W. Kolb, 1996. "Futures prices and the maturity effect," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(7), pages 809-828, October.
- Maslyuk, Svetlana & Smyth, Russell, 2009. "Cointegration between oil spot and future prices of the same and different grades in the presence of structural change," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1687-1693, May.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
More about this item
KeywordsSamuelson hypothesis of maturity effect; Stochastic volatility; Stochastic dominance;
- C58 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Financial Econometrics
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eneeco:v:56:y:2016:i:c:p:351-362. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.