Does futures exhibit maturity effect? New evidence from an extensive set of US and foreign futures contracts
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chamberlain, Trevor W, 1989. "Maturity Effects in Futures Markets: Some Evidence from the City of London," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 36(1), pages 90-95, February.
- Grammatikos, Theoharry & Saunders, Anthony, 1986. "Futures Price Variability: A Test of Maturity and Volume Effects," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(2), pages 319-330, April.
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1988. " Business Cycles and the Behavior of Metals Prices," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(5), pages 1075-1093, December.
- Seung‐Ryong Yang & B. Wade Brorsen, 1993. "Nonlinear dynamics of daily futures prices: Conditional heteroskedasticity or chaos?," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(2), pages 175-191, April.
- Ronald W. Anderson & Jean-Pierre Danthine, 1983. "The Time Pattern of Hedging and the Volatility of Futures Prices," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 50(2), pages 249-266.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- de Groot, Wilma & Karstanje, Dennis & Zhou, Weili, 2014. "Exploiting commodity momentum along the futures curves," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 79-93.
- Jaeck, Edouard & Lautier, Delphine, 2016. "Volatility in electricity derivative markets: The Samuelson effect revisited," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 300-313.
- Ergen, Ibrahim & Rizvanoghlu, Islam, 2016. "Asymmetric impacts of fundamentals on the natural gas futures volatility: An augmented GARCH approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 64-74.
- Liu, Wei-han, 2016. "A re-examination of maturity effect of energy futures price from the perspective of stochastic volatility," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 351-362.
- Saurabh Gupta & Prabina Rajib, 2012. "Samuelson Hypothesis & Indian Commodity Derivatives Market," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer;Japanese Association of Financial Economics and Engineering, pages 331-352.
- repec:eee:finana:v:54:y:2017:i:c:p:176-191 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hilal, Sawsan & Poon, Ser-Huang & Tawn, Jonathan, 2011. "Hedging the black swan: Conditional heteroskedasticity and tail dependence in S&P500 and VIX," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 2374-2387, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:revfin:v:15:y:2006:i:2:p:113-128. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620170 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.