Production phase and ultimate pit limit design under commodity price uncertainty
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stefan Reitz & Frank Westerhoff, 2007. "Commodity price cycles and heterogeneous speculators: a STAR–GARCH model," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 33(2), pages 231-244, September.
- Gardebroek, Cornelis & Hernandez, Manuel A., 2013.
"Do energy prices stimulate food price volatility? Examining volatility transmission between US oil, ethanol and corn markets,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 119-129.
- Gardebroek, Cornelis & Hernandez, Manuel A., 2012. "Do energy prices stimulate food price volatility? Examining volatility transmission between US oil, ethanol and corn markets," 123rd Seminar, February 23-24, 2012, Dublin, Ireland 122476, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Hernandez, Manuel A. & Gardebroek, Cornelis, 2012. "Do energy prices stimulate food price volatility? Examining volatility transmission between US oil, ethanol and corn markets," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124583, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Teresa Serra, 2013. "Time-series econometric analyses of biofuel-related price volatility," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 44(s1), pages 53-62, November.
- Serra, Teresa, 2011.
"Volatility spillovers between food and energy markets: A semiparametric approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 1155-1164.
- Serra, Teresa, 2011. "Volatility Spillovers between Food and Energy Markets, A Semiparametric Approach," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 115997, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Robert S. Pindyck, 2004. "Volatility and commodity price dynamics," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(11), pages 1029-1047, November.
- He, Xue-Zhong & Westerhoff, Frank H., 2005.
"Commodity markets, price limiters and speculative price dynamics,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 29(9), pages 1577-1596, September.
- Xue-Zhong He & Frank H. Westerhoff, 2004. "Commodity Markets, Price Limiters and Speculative Price Dynamics," Research Paper Series 136, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Ramazan, Salih, 2007. "The new Fundamental Tree Algorithm for production scheduling of open pit mines," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 177(2), pages 1153-1166, March.
- Dimitrakopoulos, Roussos G. & Abdel Sabour, Sabry A., 2007. "Evaluating mine plans under uncertainty: Can the real options make a difference?," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 116-125, September.
- Schwartz, Eduardo S, 1997. " The Stochastic Behavior of Commodity Prices: Implications for Valuation and Hedging," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(3), pages 923-973, July.
- Shishvan, Masoud Soleymani & Sattarvand, Javad, 2015. "Long term production planning of open pit mines by ant colony optimization," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 240(3), pages 825-836.
- Doran, James S. & Ronn, Ehud I., 2008. "Computing the market price of volatility risk in the energy commodity markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 2541-2552, December.
- Lamghari, Amina & Dimitrakopoulos, Roussos, 2012. "A diversified Tabu search approach for the open-pit mine production scheduling problem with metal uncertainty," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 222(3), pages 642-652.
- Jean-Claude Picard, 1976. "Maximal Closure of a Graph and Applications to Combinatorial Problems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(11), pages 1268-1272, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dohnal, Mirko & Doubravsky, Karel, 2016. "Equationless and equation-based trend models of prohibitively complex technological and related forecasts," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 297-304.
- Dohnal, Mirko, 2016. "Complex biofuels related scenarios generated by qualitative reasoning under severe information shortages: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 676-684.
- Savolainen, Jyrki, 2016. "Real options in metal mining project valuation: Review of literature," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 49-65.
- Zhang, Jian & Dimitrakopoulos, Roussos G., 2017. "A dynamic-material-value-based decomposition method for optimizing a mineral value chain with uncertainty," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 258(2), pages 617-625.
More about this item
KeywordsUncertainty modelling; Production planning; Open pit mine; Minimum cut algorithm; Smoothing spline;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:248:y:2016:i:2:p:658-667. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.