Local public expenditure in Sweden a model where the median voter is not necessarily decisive
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bergstrom, Theodore C & Goodman, Robert P, 1973. "Private Demands for Public Goods," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(3), pages 280-296, June.
- Bergstrom, Theodore C & Rubinfeld, Daniel L & Shapiro, Perry, 1982. "Micro-Based Estimates of Demand Functions for Local School Expenditures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(5), pages 1183-1205, September.
- repec:hoo:wpaper:e-90-11 is not listed on IDEAS
- Romer, Thomas & Rosenthal, Howard, 1979. "The elusive median voter," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 143-170, October.
- Pommerehne, Werner W & Schneider, Friedrich, 1978. "Fiscal Illusion, Political Institutions, and Local Public Spending," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(3), pages 381-408.
- Blomquist, N. Soren, 1983. "The effect of income taxation on the labor supply of married men in Sweden," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 169-197, November.
- Pommerehne, Werner W., 1978. "Institutional approaches to public expenditure : Empirical evidence from Swiss municipalities," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 255-280, April.
- Thomas MaCurdy & David Green & Harry Paarsch, 1990. "Assessing Empirical Approaches for Analyzing Taxes and Labor Supply," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 25(3), pages 415-490.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ahlin, Åsa & Johansson, Eva, 2000.
"Demand for Local Public Schooling: Another Brick in the Wall,"
Working Paper Series
2000:12, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Ahlin, A. & Johansson, E., 2000. "Demand for Local Public Schooling: Another Brick in the Wall," Papers 2000:120, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Ahlin, A. & Johansson, E., 2000. "Demand for Local Public Schooling: Another Brick in the Wall," Papers 2000:12, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Niklas Hanes, 2002. "Spatial Spillover Effects in the Swedish Local Rescue Services," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(5), pages 531-539.
- Moisio, Antti, 2002. "Determinants of Expenditure Variation in Finnish Municipalities," Discussion Papers 269, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Per Pettersson, 2000. "Do Parties Matter for Fiscal Policy Choices," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1373, Econometric Society.
- Vlachos, Jonas, 2005. "Does Labour Market Risk Increase the Size of the Public Sector? Evidence from Swedish Municipalities," CEPR Discussion Papers 5091, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Aronsson, Thomas & Lundberg, Johan & Wikstrom, Magnus, 2000. "The impact of regional public expenditures on the local decision to spend," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 185-202, March.
- Witterblad, Mikael, 2008. "The Demand for Local Public Services in Sweden," Umeå Economic Studies 730, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Eric J. Brunner & Stephen L. Ross, 2007. "How Decisive Is the Decisive Voter?," Working papers 2007-28, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised Aug 2008.
- Dahlberg, M. & Jacob, J., 2000.
"Sluggishness, Endogeneity and the Demand for Local Public Services,"
2000:17, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Dahlberg, Matz & Jacob, Johanna, 2000. "Sluggishness, Endogeneity and the Demand for Local Public Services," Working Paper Series 2000:17, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Dahlberg, M. & Jacob, J., 2000. "Sluggishness, Endogeneity and the Demand for Local Public Services," Papers 2000-17, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Åsa Ahlin & Eva Johansson, 2001.
"Individual Demand for Local Public Schooling: Evidence from Swedish Survey Data,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 8(4), pages 331-351, August.
- Ahlin, Åsa & Johansson, Eva, 2001. "Individual demand for local public schooling: Evidence from Swedish survey data," Working Paper Series 2001:1, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Lars-Erik Borge, 2006. "Centralized or decentralized financing of local governments? Consequences for efficiency and inequality of service provision," Working Paper Series 7806, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Santhanu Gupta, 2007. "On the Relevance of the Median Voter to Resource Allocation amongst Jurisdictions," Working Papers id:1145, eSocialSciences.
- Ismael Sanz & Francisco Javier Velázquez, 2002. "Determinants of the Composition of Government Expenditure by Functions," European Economy Group Working Papers 13, European Economy Group.
- Brunner, Eric J. & Ross, Stephen L., 2010. "Is the median voter decisive? Evidence from referenda voting patterns," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(11-12), pages 898-910, December.
- Mörk, Eva, 2003. "The impact of active labor market programs on municipal services," Working Paper Series 2003:2, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Bergström, Pål & Dahlberg, Matz & Johansson, Eva, 1998. "Municipal labour demand," Working Paper Series 1998:1, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Bergstrom, P. & Dahlberg, M. & Johansson, E., 1998. "Municipal Labour Demand. Sweden 1988-1995," Papers 1998:24, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Witterblad, Mikael, 2008. "Essays on Redistribution and Local Public Expenditures," Umeå Economic Studies 731, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Haug, Peter, 2009. "Shadow Budgets, Fiscal Illusion and Municipal Spending: The Case of Germany," IWH Discussion Papers 9/2009, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eecrev:v:40:y:1996:i:9:p:1705-1716. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eer .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.