Determinants of Expenditure Variation in Finnish Municipalities
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bergstrom, Theodore C & Goodman, Robert P, 1973. "Private Demands for Public Goods," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(3), pages 280-296, June.
- Edward M. Gramlich & Harvy Galper, 1973. "State and Local Fiscal Behavior and Federal Grant Policy," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 4(1), pages 15-66.
- Gamkhar, Shama & Oates, Wallace E., 1996. "Asymmetries in the Response to Increases and Decreases in Intergovernmental Grants: Some Empirical Findings," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 49(4), pages 501-12, December.
- Hamilton, Bruce W., 1983. "The flypaper effect and other anomalies," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 347-361, December.
- Aronsson, Thomas & Wikstrom, Magnus, 1996. "Local public expenditure in Sweden a model where the median voter is not necessarily decisive," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(9), pages 1705-1716, December.
- Gamkhar, Shama & Oates, Wallace E., 1996. "Asymmetries in the Response to Increases and Decreases in Intergovernmental Grants: Some Empirical Findings," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 49(4), pages 501-512, December.
- Romer, Thomas & Rosenthal, Howard, 1979. "The elusive median voter," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 143-170, October.
- Becker, Elizabeth, 1996. "The Illusion of Fiscal Illusion: Unsticking the Flypaper Effect," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 86(1-2), pages 85-102, January.
- Philip J. Grossman, 1990.
"The Impact of Federal and State Grants on Local Government Spending: a Test of the Fiscal Illusion Hypothesis,"
Public Finance Review,
, vol. 18(3), pages 313-327, July.
- P.J. Grossman, 1988. "The Impact of Federal and State Grants on Local Government Spending: A test of the fiscal illusion hypothesis," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 88-07, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Philip J. Grossman, 1990. "The impact of federal and state grants on local government spending: A test of the fiscal illusion hypothesis," Monash Economics Working Papers archive-11, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Holtz-Eakin, Douglas, 1992. "Elections and Aggregation: Interpreting Econometric Analyses of Local Governments," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 74(1), pages 17-42, July.
- Case, Anne C. & Rosen, Harvey S. & Hines, James Jr., 1993. "Budget spillovers and fiscal policy interdependence : Evidence from the states," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 285-307, October.
- Olmsted, George M. & Denzau, Arthur T. & Roberts, Judith A., 1993. "We voted for this? : Institutions and educational spending," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 363-376, October.
- Strumpf, Koleman S., 1998. "A predictive index for the flypaper effect," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 389-412, September.
- James R. Hines & Richard H. Thaler, 1995. "The Flypaper Effect," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(4), pages 217-226, Fall.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Korzhenevych, Artem & Langer, Sebastian, 2016. "The Flypaper Effect in Germany: An East-West Comparison," CEPIE Working Papers 10/16, Technische Universität Dresden, Center of Public and International Economics (CEPIE).
- Pettersson-Lidbom, Per, 2012.
"Does the size of the legislature affect the size of government? Evidence from two natural experiments,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 96(3), pages 269-278.
- Pettersson-Lidbom, Per, 2004. "Does the Size of the Legislature Affect the Size of Government? Evidence from Two Natural Experiments," Discussion Papers 350, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Kari Hämäläinen & Petri Böckerman, 2004.
"Regional Labor Market Dynamics, Housing, and Migration,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(3), pages 543-568.
- Hämäläinen, Kari & Böckerman, Petri, 2002. "Regional Labour Market Dynamics, Housing and Migration," Discussion Papers 284, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Marcel Thum & Thomas Fester & Andreas Kappler & Helmut Seitz, 2005. "Öffentliche Infrastruktur und kommunale Finanzen : Gutachten im Auftrag des Bundesministeriums für Verkehr, Bau- und Wohnungswesen und des Bundesamtes für Bauwesen und Raumordnung," ifo Dresden Studien, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, number 37, June.
- Meriläinen, Jaakko, 2013. "Do Single-Party and Coalition Governments Differ in their Economic Outcomes? Evidence from Finnish Municipalities," Working Papers 51, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Benoît LE MAUX & Kristýna DOSTÁLOVÁ & Antti MOISIO, 2017. "Do political parties matter? Endogenous fragmentation, partisanship, and local public expenditures in Finland," Economics Working Paper from Condorcet Center for political Economy at CREM-CNRS 2017-02-ccr, Condorcet Center for political Economy.
- Böckerman, Petri & Hämäläinen, Kari, 2002. "Housing, dynamics of regional labour markets and migration," ERSA conference papers ersa02p159, European Regional Science Association.
More about this item
KeywordsGrants; price elasticity; income elasticity; flypaper effect; Economic growth; Taloudellinen kasvu; Macroeconomic policy; Talouspolitiikka; Local public economics; Kunnallistalous; Taxation; Verotus; Effectiveness of public services; Julkisten palvelujen vaikuttavuus; C310 - Econometric Methods: Multiple/Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables: Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models; E600 - Macroeconomic Policy Formation; Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance; Macroeconomic Policy; General Outlook: General; H720 - State and Local Budget and Expenditures; I000 - Health; Education; and Welfare: General; O110 - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development (includes macro models and analyses of patterns and determinants of development); R500 - Regional Government Analysis: General;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fer:dpaper:269. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anita Niskanen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vatttfi.html .