The impact of federal and state grants on local government spending: A test of the fiscal illusion hypothesis
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Philip J. Grossman, 1990. "The Impact of Federal and State Grants on Local Government Spending: a Test of the Fiscal Illusion Hypothesis," Public Finance Review, , vol. 18(3), pages 313-327, July.
- P.J. Grossman, 1988. "The Impact of Federal and State Grants on Local Government Spending: A test of the fiscal illusion hypothesis," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 88-07, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Worthington, Andrew C & Dollery, Brian E, 1998.
"The Political Determination of Intergovernmental Grants in Australia,"
Springer, vol. 94(3-4), pages 299-315, March.
- Andrew Worthington & Brian Dollery, 1998. "The political determination of intergovernmental grants in Australia," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 94(3), pages 299-315, March.
- Brian Knight, 2000. "The flypaper effect unstuck: evidence on endogenous grants from the Federal Highway Aid Program," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2000-49, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Vittoria Idrisova & Lev Freinkman, 2010. "Impact of Federal Transfers over Regional Authorities Behavior," Research Paper Series, Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy, issue 137P.
- Langer, Sebastian & Korzhenevych, Artem, 2018. "Equalization transfers and the pattern of municipal spending: An investigation of the flypaper effect in Germany," CEPIE Working Papers 01/18, Technische Universität Dresden, Center of Public and International Economics (CEPIE).
- Deller, Steven C. & Walzer, Norman, 1995.
"Structural Shifts in the Treatment of Intergovernmental Aid: The Case of Rural Roads,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(02), pages 522-535, December.
- Deller, Steven C. & Walzer, Norman, 1995. "Structural Shifts In The Treatment Of Intergovernmental Aid: The Case Of Rural Roads," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 27(02), December.
- Joseph Drew & Brian Dollery & Michael A. Kortt, 2016. "Peas in a Pod: Are Efficient Municipalities also Financially Sustainable?," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 26(2), pages 122-131, June.
- Beata Guziejewska, 2015. "Designing A Revenue Structure In Local Self-Government Entities In Poland: Taxes Versus Grants," Equilibrium. Quarterly Journal of Economics and Economic Policy, Institute of Economic Research, vol. 10(3), pages 45-63, September.
- Antti Moisio, 1998. "The effects of change in grants-in-aid regime and cuts on grants on municipalities' expenditures in Finland," ERSA conference papers ersa98p296, European Regional Science Association.
- Moisio, Antti, 2002. "Determinants of Expenditure Variation in Finnish Municipalities," Discussion Papers 269, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Richard Scheffler & Richard Smith, 2006. "The impact of government decentralization on county health spending for the uninsured in California," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 237-258, September.
- Steven Deller & Craig Maher & Victor Lledo, 2002.
"Wisconsin Local Government, State Shared Revenues and the Illusive Flypaper Effect,"
Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Staff Papers
451, Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Department.
- Deller, Steven & Maher, Craig & Lledo, Victor, 2002. "Wisconsin Local Government, State Shared Revenues and the Illusive Flypaper Effect," Staff Paper Series 451, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Lars Feld & Christoph Schaltegger, 2005.
"Voters AS A Hard Budget Constraint: On the Determination of Intergovernmental Grants,"
Springer, vol. 123(1), pages 147-169, April.
- Lars P. Feld & Christoph A. Schaltegger, 2004. "Voters as a hard budget constraint: On the determination of intergovernmental grants," Marburg Working Papers on Economics 200418, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Lars P. Feld & Christoph A. Schaltegger, 2005. "Voters as a Hard Budget Constraint: On the Determination of Intergovernmental Grants," CREMA Working Paper Series 2005-21, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Steven C. Deller & Craig S. Maher, 2006. "A Model of Asymmetries in the Flypaper Effect," Publius: The Journal of Federalism, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(2), pages 213-229.
- Nelson Marconi & Paulo Arvate & João Moura Neto & Paulo Palombo, 2009.
"Vertical transfers and the appropriation of resources by the bureaucracy: the case of Brazilian state governments,"
Springer, vol. 141(1), pages 65-85, October.
- João Silva Moura Neto & Nelson Marconi & Paulo Eduardo Moledo Palombo & Paulo Roberto Arvate, 2006. "Vertical Transfers And The Appropriation Of Resources By The Bureaucracy: The Case Of Brazilian State Governments," Anais do XXXIV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 34th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 136, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Grossman, Philip J. & Mavros, Panayiotis & Wassmer, Robert W., 1999. "Public Sector Technical Inefficiency in Large U.S. Cities," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 278-299, September.
- James LeSage & Matthew Dominguez, 2012. "The importance of modeling spatial spillovers in public choice analysis," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 150(3), pages 525-545, March.
- Eckel, Catherine C. & Grossman, Philip J. & Johnston, Rachel M., 2005. "An experimental test of the crowding out hypothesis," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(8), pages 1543-1560, August.
- Russell Sobel & George Crowley, 2014. "Do intergovernmental grants create ratchets in state and local taxes?," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 158(1), pages 167-187, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mos:moswps:archive-11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Simon Angus). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dxmonau.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .