Financial distress and bankruptcy prediction: An appropriate model for listed firms in Vietnam
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lopez, Jose A., 2004.
"The empirical relationship between average asset correlation, firm probability of default, and asset size,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 265-283, April.
- Jose A. Lopez, 2002. "The empirical relationship between average asset correlation, firm probability of default and asset size," Working Paper Series 2002-05, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, revised 2002.
- Merton, Robert C, 1974.
"On the Pricing of Corporate Debt: The Risk Structure of Interest Rates,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 449-470, May.
- Merton, Robert C., 1973. "On the pricing of corporate debt: the risk structure of interest rates," Working papers 684-73., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Benjamin Yibin Zhang & Hao Zhou & Haibin Zhu, 2009.
"Explaining Credit Default Swap Spreads with the Equity Volatility and Jump Risks of Individual Firms,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(12), pages 5099-5131, December.
- Benjamin Y. Zhang & Hao Zhou & Haibin Zhu, 2005. "Explaining credit default swap spreads with the equity volatility and jump risks of individual firms," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2005-63, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Haibin Zhu & Benjamin Yibin Zhang & Hao Zhou, 2005. "Explaining credit default swap spreads with equity volatility and jump risks of individual firms," BIS Working Papers 181, Bank for International Settlements.
- Agarwal, Vineet & Taffler, Richard, 2008. "Comparing the performance of market-based and accounting-based bankruptcy prediction models," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1541-1551, August.
- Altman, Edward I., 2005. "An emerging market credit scoring system for corporate bonds," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 311-323, December.
- Richard Whitaker, 1999. "The early stages of financial distress," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 23(2), pages 123-132, June.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- Hernandez Tinoco, Mario & Wilson, Nick, 2013. "Financial distress and bankruptcy prediction among listed companies using accounting, market and macroeconomic variables," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 394-419.
- Paul Asquith & Robert Gertner & David Scharfstein, 1994. "Anatomy of Financial Distress: An Examination of Junk-Bond Issuers," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 109(3), pages 625-658.
- Beaver, Wh, 1966. "Financial Ratios As Predictors Of Failure," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4, pages 71-111.
- Maria Vassalou & Yuhang Xing, 2004. "Default Risk in Equity Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(2), pages 831-868, April.
- Feixue Huang & Yan He, 2010. "Enactment of Default Point in KMV Model on CMBC, SPDB, CMB, Huaxia Bank and SDB," International Journal of Financial Research, International Journal of Financial Research, Sciedu Press, vol. 1(1), pages 30-36, December.
- Sudheer Chava & Robert A. Jarrow, 2008. "Bankruptcy Prediction with Industry Effects," World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Financial Derivatives Pricing Selected Works of Robert Jarrow, chapter 21, pages 517-549, World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Stein, Roger M., 2005. "The relationship between default prediction and lending profits: Integrating ROC analysis and loan pricing," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 1213-1236, May.
- Altman, Edward I. & Haldeman, Robert G. & Narayanan, P., 1977. "ZETATM analysis A new model to identify bankruptcy risk of corporations," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 29-54, June.
- Edward I. Altman, 1968. "Financial Ratios, Discriminant Analysis And The Prediction Of Corporate Bankruptcy," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 23(4), pages 589-609, September.
- David E Allen & Robert Powell, 2012. "The fluctuating default risk of Australian banks," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 37(2), pages 297-325, August.
- Koutsomanoli-Filippaki, Anastasia & Mamatzakis, Emmanuel, 2009.
"Performance and Merton-type default risk of listed banks in the EU: A panel VAR approach,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 33(11), pages 2050-2061, November.
- Anastasia Koutsomanoli-Filippaki & Emmanuel Mamatzakis, 2009. "Performance and Merton-Type Default Risk of Listed Banks in EU: a panel VAR approach," Discussion Paper Series 2009_09, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Apr 2009.
- Sreedhar T. Bharath & Tyler Shumway, 2008. "Forecasting Default with the Merton Distance to Default Model," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 21(3), pages 1339-1369, May.
- Pindado, Julio & Rodrigues, Luis & de la Torre, Chabela, 2008. "Estimating financial distress likelihood," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(9), pages 995-1003, September.
- Beaver, Wh, 1966. "Financial Ratios As Predictors Of Failure - Reply," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4, pages 123-127.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gintare Giriūniene & Lukas Giriūnas & Mangirdas Morkunas & Laura Brucaite, 2019. "A Comparison on Leading Methodologies for Bankruptcy Prediction: The Case of the Construction Sector in Lithuania," Economies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(3), pages 1-20, August.
- Vo, D.H. & Pham, B.V.-N. & Pham, T.V.-T. & McAleer, M.J., 2019.
"Corporate Financial Distress of Industry Level Listings in an Emerging Market,"
Econometric Institute Research Papers
EI2019-15, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Duc Hong Vo & Binh Vo-Ninh Pham & Trung Vu-Thanh Pham & Michael McAleer, 2019. "Corporate Financial Distress of Industry Level Listings in an Emerging Market," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 2019-09, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
More about this item
KeywordsBankruptcy; Distance to default; Financial distress; Fundamentals; Vietnam;
- F62 - International Economics - - Economic Impacts of Globalization - - - Macroeconomic Impacts
- F65 - International Economics - - Economic Impacts of Globalization - - - Finance
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G31 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Capital Budgeting; Fixed Investment and Inventory Studies
- G33 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Bankruptcy; Liquidation
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecosys:v:42:y:2018:i:4:p:616-624. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/osteide.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.