The early stages of financial distress
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Warner, Jerold B, 1977. "Bankruptcy Costs: Some Evidence," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(2), pages 337-347, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Solomon SAMANHYIA & Kofi MINTAH OWARE & Frederick ANISOM-YAANSAH, 2016.
"Financial Distress and Bankruptcy Prediction: Evidence from Ghana,"
Expert Journal of Finance, Sprint Investify, vol. 4, pages 52-65.
- Frederick ANISOM-YAANSAH & Kofi MINTAH OWARE & Solomon SAMANHYIA, 2016. "Financial Distress and Bankruptcy Prediction: Evidence from Ghana," Expert Journal of Finance, Sprint Investify, vol. 4(1), pages 52-65.
- Duc Hong Vo & Binh Ninh Vo Pham & Chi Minh Ho & Michael McAleer, 2019. "Corporate Financial Distress of Industry Level Listings in Vietnam," Journal of Risk and Financial Management, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(4), pages 1-17, September.
- Lars Schweizer & Andreas Nienhaus, 2017. "Corporate distress and turnaround: integrating the literature and directing future research," Business Research, Springer;German Academic Association for Business Research, vol. 10(1), pages 3-47, June.
- Harlan Platt & Marjorie Platt, 2002. "Predicting corporate financial distress: Reflections on choice-based sample bias," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 26(2), pages 184-199, June.
- Stef, Nicolae & Zenou, Emmanuel, 2021. "Management-to-staff ratio and a firm's exit," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 125(C), pages 252-260.
- Julio Pindado & Luis Rodrigues & Chabela Torre, 2006. "How does Financial Distress Affect Small Firms’ Financial Structure?," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 26(4), pages 377-391, May.
- Sathyamoorthi C. R. & Mogotsinyana Mapharing & Mphoeng Mphoeng & Mashoko Dzimiri, 2020. "Impact of Financial Risk Management Practices on Financial Performance: Evidence from Commercial Banks in Botswana," Applied Finance and Accounting, Redfame publishing, vol. 6(1), pages 25-39, February.
- Soo Young Kim, 2018. "Predicting hospitality financial distress with ensemble models: the case of US hotels, restaurants, and amusement and recreation," Service Business, Springer;Pan-Pacific Business Association, vol. 12(3), pages 483-503, September.
- Koh, SzeKee & Durand, Robert B. & Dai, Lele & Chang, Millicent, 2015. "Financial distress: Lifecycle and corporate restructuring," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 19-33.
- Iskandar, Azwar, 2015. "Model Prediksi Financial Distress Dengan Binary Logit (Studi Kasus Emiten Jakarta Islamic Index) [Application of Binary Logit Regression on Financial Distress Prediction of Jakarta Islamic Index]," MPRA Paper 82694, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kyungsuk Lee & Taewoo Roh, 2020. "Proactive Divestiture and Business Innovation: R&D Input and Output Performance," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(9), pages 1-19, May.
- Waita M. Gichaiya & Mwasa D. Ishmail & Chepkorir D. Kirui, 2014. "Assessing Success of Turnaround Strategies for Distressed Companies: A Case Study of UCHUMI Supermarket Ltd. Kenya," International Journal of Management Sciences, Research Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 3(9), pages 657-662.
- Leila Bateni & Farshid Asghari, 2020. "Bankruptcy Prediction Using Logit and Genetic Algorithm Models: A Comparative Analysis," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 55(1), pages 335-348, January.
- Eka Bertuah & Erlane K. Ghani*, 2018. "Bulls and Bears and Bankruptcy- An Early Warning of Distress," The Journal of Social Sciences Research, Academic Research Publishing Group, pages 962-969:5.
- Cakir, Murat, 2005. "Firma Başarısızlığının Dinamiklerinin Belirlenmesinde Makina Öğrenmesi Teknikleri: Ampirik Uygulamalar ve Karşılaştırmalı Analiz [Machine Learning Techniques in Determining the Dynamics of Corporat," MPRA Paper 55975, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vo, D.H. & Pham, B.V.-N. & Pham, T.V.-T. & McAleer, M.J., 2019.
"Corporate Financial Distress of Industry Level Listings in an Emerging Market,"
Econometric Institute Research Papers
EI2019-15, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Duc Hong Vo & Binh Vo-Ninh Pham & Trung Vu-Thanh Pham & Michael McAleer, 2019. "Corporate Financial Distress of Industry Level Listings in an Emerging Market," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 2019-09, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- Celly Septine Mayliza & Adler Haymans Manurung & Benny Hutahayan, 2020. "Analysis of The Effect of Financial Ratios to Probability Default of Indonesiaâ€™s Coal Mining Company," Journal of Applied Finance & Banking, SCIENPRESS Ltd, vol. 10(5), pages 1-9.
- Sumaira Ashraf & Elisabete G. S. Félix & Zélia Serrasqueiro, 2019. "Do Traditional Financial Distress Prediction Models Predict the Early Warning Signs of Financial Distress?," Journal of Risk and Financial Management, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(2), pages 1-17, April.
- Dr. Giriati, 2021. "Turnaround Prediction Model with Content Dimension on Financial Distressed Firms," GATR Journals jfbr182, Global Academy of Training and Research (GATR) Enterprise.
- Ioannis Asimakopoulos & Dionysis Lalountas & Costas Siriopoulos, 2008. "The determinants for the survival of firms in the Athens Exchange," Economic Bulletin, Bank of Greece, issue 31, pages 07-30, November.
- Pham Vo Ninh, Binh & Do Thanh, Trung & Vo Hong, Duc, 2018. "Financial distress and bankruptcy prediction: An appropriate model for listed firms in Vietnam," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 616-624.
- Giriati, 2018. "Determinants of the Success of Corporate Recovery in Financial Distressed Company," GATR Journals jfbr141, Global Academy of Training and Research (GATR) Enterprise.
- Allah Bakhsh & Syed Zulfiqar Ali Shah, 2018. "Impact of Foreign Exchange Exposure Elasticity on Financial Distress of Firms: A Comparison of Developed and Emerging Economies," Global Social Sciences Review, Humanity Only, vol. 3(1), pages 17-43, March.
- repec:arp:tjssrr:2019:p:95-102 is not listed on IDEAS
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Janvier D. Nkurunziza, 2005. "Reputation and Credit without Collateral in Africa`s Formal Banking," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/2005-02, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Sinha, Pankaj & Sharma, Sakshi, 2016. "Derivative use and its impact on Systematic Risk of Indian Banks: Evidence using Tobit model," MPRA Paper 72251, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Niclas Hagelin, 2003. "Why firms hedge with currency derivatives: an examination of transaction and translation exposure," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 55-69.
- Marc Goergen & Luc Renneboog, 2004.
"Shareholder Wealth Effects of European Domestic and Cross‐border Takeover Bids,"
European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 10(1), pages 9-45, March.
- Goergen, M. & Renneboog, L.D.R., 2002. "Shareholder Wealth Effects of European Domestic and Cross-Border Takeover Bids," Discussion Paper 2002-50, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Goergen, M. & Renneboog, L.D.R., 2002. "Shareholder Wealth Effects of European Domestic and Cross-Border Takeover Bids," Other publications TiSEM f18ce891-6bb6-4f6c-b012-d, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Per Stromberg, "undated". "Conflicts of Interest and Market Illiquidity in Bankruptcy Auctions: Theory and Tests," CRSP working papers 459, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Drobetz, Wolfgang & Pensa, Pascal & Wöhle, Claudia B., 2004. "Kapitalstrukturtheorie in Theorie und Praxis: Ergebnisse einer Fragebogenuntersuchung," Working papers 2004/09, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
- Correia, Ricardo & Población, Javier, 2015. "A structural model with Explicit Distress," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 112-130.
- Cantillo, Miguel & Wright, Julian, 2000.
"How Do Firms Choose Their Lenders? An Empirical Investigation,"
Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 13(1), pages 155-189.
- Miguel Cantillo & Julian Wright, 1998. "How Do Firms Choose Their Lenders? An Empirical Investigation," Finance 9803007, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cantillo, Miguel & Wright, Julian, 2000. "HOw Do Firms Choose Their Leaders? An Empirical Investigation," Research Program in Finance, Working Paper Series qt8sd393sj, Research Program in Finance, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Miguel Cantillo and Julian Wright., 2000. "How Do Firms Choose Their Lenders? An Empirical Investigation," Research Program in Finance Working Papers RPF-256-Rev, University of California at Berkeley.
- Arturo Bris & Alan Schwartz & Ivo Welch, 2005. "Who Should Pay for Bankruptcy Costs?," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 34(2), pages 295-341, June.
- Kamal Naser & Abdullah Al-Mutairi & Ahmad Al Kandari & Rana Nuseibeh, 2015. "Cogency of Capital Structure Theories to an Islamic Country: Empirical Evidence from the Kuwaiti Banks," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 5(4), pages 979-988.
- Hansen, Robert G. & Thomas, Randall S., 1998. "Auctions in bankruptcy: theoretical analysis and practical guidance," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 159-185, June.
- Hege, Ulrich, 2003.
"Workouts, court-supervised reorganization and the choice between private and public debt,"
Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 233-269, March.
- Ulrich Hege, 2003. "Workouts, court-supervised reorganization and the choice between private and public debt," Post-Print hal-00459899, HAL.
- Cole, Rebel & Johan, Sofia & Schweizer, Denis, 2021. "Corporate failures: Declines, collapses, and scandals," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 67(C).
- Luc Renneboog & Peter G. Szilagyi, 2008.
"Corporate Restructuring and Bondholder Wealth,"
European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 14(4), pages 792-819, September.
- Renneboog, L.D.R. & Szilagyi, P.G., 2006. "Corporate Restructuring and Bondholder Wealth," Other publications TiSEM 65f6d007-95f0-427f-8922-a, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Renneboog, L.D.R. & Szilagyi, P.G., 2006. "Corporate Restructuring and Bondholder Wealth," Other publications TiSEM 760257ae-6086-414d-9ace-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Renneboog, L.D.R. & Szilagyi, P.G., 2006. "Corporate Restructuring and Bondholder Wealth," Discussion Paper 2006-23, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Renneboog, L.D.R. & Szilagyi, P.G., 2006. "Corporate Restructuring and Bondholder Wealth," Discussion Paper 2006-007, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Cieply Sylvie, 2001. "The Radical Change of French Firms’ Financial Characteristics. Macroeconomic Consequences and Lessons for Political Economics / Die französische Finanzrevolution. Die Folgen für die Finanzstruktur der," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 221(5-6), pages 556-576, October.
- Monda, Barbara & Giorgino, Marco & Modolin, Ileana, 2013. "Rationales for Corporate Risk Management - A Critical Literature Review," MPRA Paper 45420, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David F. Babbel & Anthony M. Santomero, 1997. "Risk Management by Insurers: An Analysis of the Process," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 96-16, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Luca Benzoni & Lorenzo Garlappi & Robert S. Goldstein, 2019. "Asymmetric Information, Dynamic Debt Issuance, and the Term Structure of Credit Spreads," Working Paper Series WP-2019-8, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Shanker, Latha, 2000. "An innovative analysis of taxes and corporate hedging," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(3-4), pages 237-255, December.
- Selim Mankaï & Aymen Belgacem, 2013.
"Interactions Between Risk-Taking, Capital, and Reinsurance for Property-Liability Insurance Firms,"
EconomiX Working Papers
2013-23, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Selim Mankaï & Aymen Belgacem, 2014. "Interactions Between Risk-Taking, Capital, and Reinsurance for Property- Liability Insurance Firms," Working Papers 2014-154, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jecfin:v:23:y:1999:i:2:p:123-132. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.