A Bayesian analysis of nested logit models
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Zellner, Arnold & Rossi, Peter E., 1984. "Bayesian analysis of dichotomous quantal response models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 365-393, July.
- Brownstone, David & Small, Kenneth A, 1989. "Efficient Estimation of Nested Logit Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 7(1), pages 67-74, January.
- S. R. Dalal & R. W. Klein, 1988. "A Flexible Class of Discrete Choice Models," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 7(3), pages 232-251.
- Ruud, Paul A., 1984. "Tests of Specification in Econometrics," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt4kq8m0hf, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Keane, Michael P, 1992. "A Note on Identification in the Multinomial Probit Model," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 10(2), pages 193-200, April.
- Hausman, Jerry & McFadden, Daniel, 1984.
"Specification Tests for the Multinomial Logit Model,"
Econometric Society, vol. 52(5), pages 1219-1240, September.
- D. McFadden & J. Hausman, 1981. "Specification Tests for the Multinominal Logit Model," Working papers 292, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Borsch-Supan, Axel, 1990. "On the compatibility of nested logit models with utility maximization," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 373-388, March.
- Koop, G & Poirier, D J, 1994. "Rank-Ordered Logit Models: An Empirical Analysis of Ontario Voter Preferences," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(4), pages 369-388, Oct.-Dec..
- Peter E. Rossi, 1984. "Convergence of Integrals Encountered in Dichotomous Dependent Variable Problems," Discussion Papers 588, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Poirier, Dale, 1994. "Jeffreys' prior for logit models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 327-339, August.
- Koop, Gary & Poirier, Dale J., 1993. "Bayesian analysis of logit models using natural conjugate priors," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 323-340, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ricardo A. Daziano & Luis Miranda-Moreno & Shahram Heydari, 2013. "Computational Bayesian Statistics in Transportation Modeling: From Road Safety Analysis to Discrete Choice," Transport Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(5), pages 570-592, September.
- Roberto Basile & Davide Castellani & Antonello Zanfei, 2009. "National boundaries and the location of multinational firms in Europe," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 88(4), pages 733-748, November.
- Lahiri, Kajal & Gao, Jian, 2002.
"Bayesian analysis of nested logit model by Markov chain Monte Carlo,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 111(1), pages 103-133, November.
- Kajal Lahiri & Jian Gao, 2001. "Bayesian Analysis of Nested Logit Model by Markov Chain Monte Carlo," Discussion Papers 01-14, University at Albany, SUNY, Department of Economics.
- Poirier, Dale J., 1997. "Comparing and choosing between two models with a third model in the background," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 139-151, June.
- Hélène Le Cadre & Mustapha Bouhtou & Bruno Tuffin, 2009. "Consumers’ preference modeling to price bundle offers in the telecommunications industry: a game with competition among operators," Netnomics, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 171-208, October.
- Katayama, Hajime & Lu, Shihua & Tybout, James R., 2009. "Firm-level productivity studies: Illusions and a solution," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 403-413, May.
- Verlinda, Jeremy A., 2005. "A Bayesian analysis of tree structure specification in nested logit models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 67-73, April.
- Sergio Aquino de Souza, 2008. "Combining Prior Information and Data to Uncover the Parameters from the Random Coefficient Discrete? Choice Demand Model," Anais do XXXVI Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 36th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 200807211342080, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Sergio Aquino de Souza, 2011. "A Simplified Mixed Logit Demand Model with an Application to the Simulation of Entry," Working Papers 04-2011, Universidade de São Paulo, Faculdade de Economia, Administração e Contabilidade de Ribeirão Preto.
- Brownstone, David, 2001. "Discrete Choice Modeling for Transportation," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt29v7d1pk, University of California Transportation Center.
- Haijime Katayama & Shihua Lu & James Tybout, 2003. "Why Plant-Level Productivity Studies are Often Misleading, and an Alternative Approach to Interference," NBER Working Papers 9617, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Basile, Roberto & Castellani, Davide & Zanfei, Antonello, 2008.
"Location choices of multinational firms in Europe: The role of EU cohesion policy,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 328-340, March.
- Roberto Basile & Davide Castellani & Antonello Zanfei, 2007. "Location choices of multinational firms in Europe: the role of EU cohesion policy," Quaderni del Dipartimento di Economia, Finanza e Statistica 32/2007, Università di Perugia, Dipartimento Economia.
- repec:sbe:breart:v:26:y:2006:i:2:a:1577 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:75:y:1996:i:1:p:163-181. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.