Covariance heterogeneity in nested logit models: Econometric structure and application to intercity travel
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Borsch-Supan, Axel & Hajivassiliou, Vassilis A., 1993.
"Smooth unbiased multivariate probability simulators for maximum likelihood estimation of limited dependent variable models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 347-368, August.
- Vassilis A. Hajivassiliou & Axel Borsch-Supan, 1990. "Smooth Unbiased Multivariate Probability Simulators for Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Limited Dependent Variable Models," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 960, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Brownstone, David & Small, Kenneth A, 1989. "Efficient Estimation of Nested Logit Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 7(1), pages 67-74, January.
- Hausman, Jerry & McFadden, Daniel, 1984.
"Specification Tests for the Multinomial Logit Model,"
Econometric Society, vol. 52(5), pages 1219-1240, September.
- D. McFadden & J. Hausman, 1981. "Specification Tests for the Multinominal Logit Model," Working papers 292, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Jain, Dipak C & Vilcassim, Naufel J & Chintagunta, Pradeep K, 1994. "A Random-Coefficients Logit Brand-Choice Model Applied to Panel Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 12(3), pages 317-328, July.
- Manski, Charles F & Lerman, Steven R, 1977. "The Estimation of Choice Probabilities from Choice Based Samples," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(8), pages 1977-1988, November.
- Horowitz, Joel L., 1991. "Reconsidering the multinomial probit model," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 433-438, December.
- Gary Chamberlain, 1980. "Analysis of Covariance with Qualitative Data," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(1), pages 225-238.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael Scheidler & Reinhard Hujer & Joachim Grammig, 2005. "Discrete choice modelling in airline network management," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(4), pages 467-486.
- F Alpizar & F Carlsson & P Martinsson, 2003.
"Using Choice Experiments for Non-Market Valuation,"
Economic Issues Journal Articles,
Economic Issues, vol. 8(1), pages 83-110, March.
- Alpizar, Francisco & Carlsson, Fredrik & Martinsson, Peter, 2001. "Using Choice Experiments for Non-Market Valuation," Working Papers in Economics 52, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Peter Martinsson, 2002. "Using Choice Experiments for Non-Market Valuation," EEPSEA Special and Technical Paper sp200205t2, Economy and Environment Program for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA), revised May 2002.
- Fosgerau, M. & Bierlaire, M., 2009. "Discrete choice models with multiplicative error terms," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 43(5), pages 494-505, June.
- Peter Davis & Pasquale Schiraldi, 2014.
"The flexible coefficient multinomial logit (FC-MNL) model of demand for differentiated products,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 45(1), pages 32-63, March.
- Davis, Peter & Schiraldi, Pasquale, 2013. "The flexible coefficient multinomial logit (FC-MNL) model of demand for differentiated products," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 54252, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Schiraldi, Pasquale & Davis, Peter, 2014. "The flexible coefficient multinomial logit (FC-MNL) model of demand for differentiated products," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 46855, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Behrens, Christiaan & Pels, Eric, 2012. "Intermodal competition in the London–Paris passenger market: High-Speed Rail and air transport," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(3), pages 278-288.
- Su, Qing & Zhou, Liren, 2012. "Parking management, financial subsidies to alternatives to drive alone and commute mode choices in Seattle," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1-2), pages 88-97.
- Wen, Chieh-Hua & Koppelman, Frank S., 2001. "The generalized nested logit model," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 627-641, August.
- Flügel, Stefan & Halse, Askill H. & Ortúzar, Juan de Dios & Rizzi, Luis I., 2015. "Methodological challenges in modelling the choice of mode for a new travel alternative using binary stated choice data – The case of high speed rail in Norway," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 438-451.
- Anastassiadis, Friederike & Mußhoff, Oliver, 2013. "Evaluating the role of financial flexibility in farmers' investment decisions using latent class analysis," 87th Annual Conference, April 8-10, 2013, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 158707, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Kim, Sooil & Haab, Timothy C., 2005. "Generalized Estimation Methods for Non-i.i.d. Binary Data: An Application to Dichotomous Choice Contingent Valuation," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19138, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Marcucci, Edoardo & Gatta, Valerio, 2012.
"Dissecting preference heterogeneity in consumer stated choices,"
Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review,
Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 331-339.
- Edoardo Marcucci & Valerio Gatta, 2011. "Dissecting Preference Heterogeneity In Consumer Stated Choices," Working Papers 0311, CREI Università degli Studi Roma Tre, revised 2011.
- Li, Baibing, 2011. "The multinomial logit model revisited: A semi-parametric approach in discrete choice analysis," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 461-473, March.
- Sergio Colombo & Nick Hanley & Jordan Louviere, 2009.
"Modeling preference heterogeneity in stated choice data: an analysis for public goods generated by agriculture,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 40(3), pages 307-322, May.
- Colombo, Sergio & Hanley, Nicholas & Louviere, Jordan, 2008. "Modelling preference heterogeneity in stated choice data: an analysis for public goods generated by agriculture," Stirling Economics Discussion Papers 2008-28, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- GRAMMIG, Joachim & HUJER, Reinhard & SCHEIDLER, Michael, 2001. "The econometrics of airline network management," CORE Discussion Papers 2001055, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Christiaan Behrens & Eric Pels, 2009. "Intermodal Competition in The London-Paris Passenger Market: High-Speed Rail and Air Transport," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 09-051/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Fosgerau, Mogens & Bierlaire, Michel, 2007. "Circumventing the problem of the scale: discrete choice models with multiplicative error terms," MPRA Paper 3901, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Man Li & Alessandro Pinto & John M. Ulimwengu & Liangzhi You & Richard D. Robertson, 2015. "Impacts of Road Expansion on Deforestation and Biological Carbon Loss in the Democratic Republic of Congo," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 60(3), pages 433-469, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:transb:v:31:y:1997:i:1:p:11-21. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/548/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.