Pythagorean generalization of testing the equality of two symmetric positive definite matrices
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Jin Seo Cho & Peter C.B. Phillips, 2016. "Pythagorean Generalization of Testing the Equality of Two Symmetric Positive Definite Matrices," Working papers 2016rwp-89, Yonsei University, Yonsei Economics Research Institute.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nagarsenker, B. N. & Pillai, K. C. S., 1973. "The distribution of the sphericity test criterion," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 226-235, June.
- repec:oup:jfinec:v:15:y:2017:i:2:p:173-222. is not listed on IDEAS
- Baek, Yae In & Cho, Jin Seo & Phillips, Peter C.B., 2015.
"Testing linearity using power transforms of regressors,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 187(1), pages 376-384.
- Yae In Baek & Jin Seo Cho & Peter C.B. Phillips, 2013. "Testing Linearity Using Power Transforms of Regressors," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1917, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- YAE IN BAEK & Jin Seo Cho & PETER C.B. PHILLIPS, 2015. "Testing Linearity Using Power Transforms of Regressors," Working papers 2015rwp-79, Yonsei University, Yonsei Economics Research Institute.
- Jin Seo Cho & Halbert White, 2014. "Notations in "Testing the Equality of Two Positive-Definite Matrices with Application to Information Matrix Testing" by Cho and White (2014)," Working papers 2014rwp-67a, Yonsei University, Yonsei Economics Research Institute.
- Magnus, Jan R., 1985. "On Differentiating Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(02), pages 179-191, August.
- Dhaene, Geert & Hoorelbeke, Dirk, 2004.
"The information matrix test with bootstrap-based covariance matrix estimation,"
Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 341-347, March.
- Geert Dhaene & Dirk Hoorelbeke, 2002. "The Information Matrix Test with Bootstrap-Based Covariance Matrix Estimation," Working Papers Department of Economics ces0211, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Horowitz, Joel L., 1994. "Bootstrap-based critical values for the information matrix test," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 395-411, April.
- Magnus, J.R., 1985. "On differentiating eigenvalues and eigenvectors," Other publications TiSEM f410e3a5-ba9b-4787-b8cc-4, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Cho, Jin Seo & White, Halbert, 2011. "Generalized runs tests for the IID hypothesis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 162(2), pages 326-344, June.
- Orme, Christopher, 1988. "The Calculation of the Information Matrix Test for Binary Data Models," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 56(4), pages 370-376, December.
- Alastair Hall, 1987. "The Information Matrix Test for the Linear Model," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 54(2), pages 257-263.
- White, Halbert, 1982. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Misspecified Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Chesher, Andrew & Spady, Richard, 1991. "Asymptotic Expansions of the Information Matrix Test Statistic," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(3), pages 787-815, May.
- Jin Seo Cho & Halbert White, 2014. "Testing the Equality of Two Positive-Definite Matrices with Application to Information Matrix Testing," Working papers 2014rwp-67, Yonsei University, Yonsei Economics Research Institute.
More about this item
KeywordsMatrix equality; Trace; Determinant; Arithmetic mean; Geometric mean; Harmonic mean; Sandwich covariance matrix; Eigenvalues;
- C01 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Econometrics
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:202:y:2018:i:1:p:45-56. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.