Test of misspecification with application to negative binomial distribution
A misspecification test based directly on Bartlett’s First Identity is examined. This test is exemplified by the negative binomial distribution. A Monte Carlo simulation study has been conducted, in the context of testing distributional misspecification, and the performance of the proposed test has been benchmarked with some goodness-of-fit tests based on the empirical distribution function. The results suggest that the proposed test is viable in terms of computational speed and statistical power, and has the advantage that complications arising from the use of the covariance matrix in White’s information matrix test are avoided. Copyright Springer-Verlag 2013
Volume (Year): 28 (2013)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/statistics/journal/180/PS2|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ong, S.H. & Lee, Wen-Jau, 2008. "Computer generation of negative binomial variates by envelope rejection," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(9), pages 4175-4183, May.
- Taylor, Larry W., 1987. "The size bias of White's information matrix test," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 63-67.
- Orme, Chris, 1990. "The small-sample performance of the information-matrix test," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 309-331, December.
- Chesher, Andrew & Spady, Richard, 1991. "Asymptotic Expansions of the Information Matrix Test Statistic," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(3), pages 787-815, May.
- Dhaene, Geert & Hoorelbeke, Dirk, 2004.
"The information matrix test with bootstrap-based covariance matrix estimation,"
Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 341-347, March.
- Geert Dhaene & Dirk Hoorelbeke, 2002. "The Information Matrix Test with Bootstrap-Based Covariance Matrix Estimation," Working Papers Department of Economics ces0211, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Gupta, Ramesh C. & Ong, S. H., 2004. "A new generalization of the negative binomial distribution," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 287-300, March.
- Horowitz, Joel L., 1994. "Bootstrap-based critical values for the information matrix test," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 395-411, April.
- Famoye, Felix, 2000. "Goodness-of-fit tests for generalized logarithmic series distribution," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 59-67, March.
- Goffe William L., 1996. "SIMANN: A Global Optimization Algorithm using Simulated Annealing," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 1(3), pages 1-9, October.
- White, Halbert, 1982. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Misspecified Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 1-25, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:compst:v:28:y:2013:i:3:p:993-1009. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.