Detecting Neglected Parameter Heterogeneity with Chow Tests
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Joachim Zietz, 2006. "Detecting neglected parameter heterogeneity with Chow tests," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(6), pages 369-374.
References listed on IDEAS
- William A. Brock & Steven N. Durlauf, 2001. "Discrete Choice with Social Interactions," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 68(2), pages 235-260.
- Godfrey, L G & Orme, C D, 1994.
"The Sensitivity of Some General Checks to Omitted Variables in the Linear Model,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 35(2), pages 489-506, May.
- Les Godfrey & Chris Orme, "undated". "The Sensitivity of some General Checks to Omitted Variables in the Linear Model," Discussion Papers 92/3, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G, 1992. "A New Form of the Information Matrix Test," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(1), pages 145-157, January.
- Chesher, Andrew D, 1984. "Testing for Neglected Heterogeneity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(4), pages 865-872, July.
- White, Halbert, 1982. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Misspecified Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Chesher, Andrew & Spady, Richard, 1991. "Asymptotic Expansions of the Information Matrix Test Statistic," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(3), pages 787-815, May.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Zietz, Joachim, 2001. " Heteroskedasticity and Neglected Parameter Heterogeneity," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 63(2), pages 263-273, May.
- Breusch, T S & Pagan, A R, 1979. "A Simple Test for Heteroscedasticity and Random Coefficient Variation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(5), pages 1287-1294, September.
- Thursby, Jerry G., 1992. "A comparison of several exact and approximate tests for structural shift under heteroscedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1-3), pages 363-386.
- Alastair Hall, 1987. "The Information Matrix Test for the Linear Model," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 54(2), pages 257-263.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ann-Sofie Isaksson, 2011.
"Social divisions and institutions: assessing institutional parameter variation,"
Springer, vol. 147(3), pages 331-357, June.
- Isaksson, Ann-Sofie, 2008. "Social divisions and institutions: Assessing institutional parameter variation," Working Papers in Economics 282, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics, revised 24 Jan 2011.
More about this item
KeywordsParameter Heterogeneity; Chow Test; Cross-Section Data; Monte-Carlo Study;
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-08-13 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mts:wpaper:200503. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (E. Anthon Eff). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/efmtsus.html .