The Inconsistency of the Breusch-Pagan Test
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jayasri Dutta & Asad Zaman, 1989. "What Do tests for Heteroskedasticity Detect?," Discussion Paper Serie A 248, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Chesher, Andrew D, 1984. "Testing for Neglected Heterogeneity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(4), pages 865-872, July.
- Breusch, T S & Pagan, A R, 1979. "A Simple Test for Heteroscedasticity and Random Coefficient Variation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(5), pages 1287-1294, September.
- Koenker, Roger, 1981. "A note on studentizing a test for heteroscedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 107-112, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Azimi, Mohammad Naim, 2016. "An economic growth model: Evaluating the interaction of market consumption with GDP growth rate in Afghanistan," MPRA Paper 69517, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 11 Jan 2016.
More about this item
KeywordsBreusch-Pagan test; heteroskedasticity; Lagrange Multiplier Test; Test consistency; F-test; necessary and sufficient conditions for consistency of F test;
- C2 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpem:0205001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .