Concentration indices and Zipf's law
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Reed, William J., 2001. "The Pareto, Zipf and other power laws," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 15-19, December.
- Ramsden, J.J. & Kiss-Haypál, Gy., 2000. "Company size distribution in different countries," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 277(1), pages 220-227.
- Zornig, Peter & Altmann, Gabriel, 1995. "Unified representation of Zipf distributions," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 461-473, April.
- Xavier Gabaix, 1999. "Zipf's Law for Cities: An Explanation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 114(3), pages 739-767.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rafael González-Val & Daniel A. Tirado-Fabregat & Elisabet Viladecans-Marsal, 2017.
"Market potential and city growth: Spain 1860–1960,"
Springer;Cliometric Society (Association Francaise de Cliométrie), pages 31-61.
- Rafael González-Val & Daniel A. Tirado-Fabregat & Elisabet Viladecans-Marsal, 2017. "Market potential and city growth: Spain 1860–1960," Cliometrica, Journal of Historical Economics and Econometric History, Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC), vol. 11(1), pages 31-61, January.
- González-Val, Rafael & Tirado, Daniel A. & Viladecans-Marsal, Elisabet, 2013. "Market potential and city growth : Spain 1860-1960," IFCS - Working Papers in Economic History.WH wp13-04, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Instituto Figuerola.
- Rafael González-Val & Daniel A. Tirado-Fabregat & Elisabet Viladecans-Marsal, 2013. "Market potential and city growth: Spain 1860-1960," Working Papers 2013/13, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Balakrishnan, P.V. (Sundar) & Miller, James M. & Shankar, S. Gowri, 2008. "Power law and evolutionary trends in stock markets," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 194-200, February.
- Maurizio Naldi & Marta Flamini, 2014. "The CR4 index and the interval estimation of the Herfindahl-Hirschman Index: an empirical comparison," Working Papers hal-01008144, HAL.
- Jinjarak, Yothin & Zheng, Huanhuan, 2014. "Granular institutional investors and global market interdependence," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 61-81.
- Bai, Chong-En & Mao, Jie & Zhang, Qiong, 2014. "Measuring market concentration in China: the problem with using censored data and its rectification," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 432-447.
- Inna MANAEVA & Svetlana RASTVORTSEVA, 2016. "Zipf'S Law As Assessment Tool Of Urban Inequality," Regional Science Inquiry, Hellenic Association of Regional Scientists, vol. 0(3), pages 19-30, December.
- Head, Keith & Ries, John, 2008. "FDI as an outcome of the market for corporate control: Theory and evidence," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 2-20, January.
- repec:hrs:journl:v:viii:y:2016:i:3:p:19-30 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chi, Pei-Shan, 2016. "Differing disciplinary citation concentration patterns of book and journal literature?," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 814-829.
- William Latham & Christian Le Bas, 2011.
"Causes, Consequences and Dynamics of ‘Complex’ Distributions of Technological Activities: The Case of Prolific Inventors,"
Chapters,in: Handbook on the Economic Complexity of Technological Change, chapter 9
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- William Latham & Christian Le Bas, 2010. "Causes, Consequences and Dynamics of 'Complex' Distributions of Technological Activities: The Case of Prolific Inventors," Working Papers 10-02, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- William Latham & Christian Le Bas, 2011. "Causes, consequences and dynamics of 'complex' distributions of technological activities: The case of prolific inventors," Post-Print halshs-00664683, HAL.
- Rafael GONZÀLEZ-VAL, 2012. "Zipf’S Law: Main Issues In Empirical Work," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 36, pages 147-164.
- Alegria, Carlos & Schaeck, Klaus, 2008. "On measuring concentration in banking systems," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 59-67, March.
- Miller, Matthew Edward, 2003. "An economic perspective on Iowa farm diversification in the twentieth century," ISU General Staff Papers 2003010108000018194, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:78:y:2003:i:3:p:329-334. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.