The Exponential Age Distribution and the Pareto Firm Size Distribution
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Alex Coad, 2008. "The exponential age distribution and the Pareto firm size distribution," Jena Economic Research Papers 2008-072, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
References listed on IDEAS
- Reed, William J., 2001. "The Pareto, Zipf and other power laws," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 15-19, December.
- Ramsden, J.J. & Kiss-Haypál, Gy., 2000. "Company size distribution in different countries," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 277(1), pages 220-227.
- Alexander Coad & Jagannadha Pawan Tamvada, 2008. "The Growth and Decline of Small firms In Developing Countries," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2008-08, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Gaffeo, Edoardo & Gallegati, Mauro & Palestrini, Antonio, 2003. "On the size distribution of firms: additional evidence from the G7 countries," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 324(1), pages 117-123.
- Bernardo A. Huberman & Lada A. Adamic, 1999. "The Nature of Markets in the World Wide Web," Computing in Economics and Finance 1999 521, Society for Computational Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thomas Brenner & Matthias Duschl, 2014. "Modelling Firm and Market Dynamics - A Flexible Model Reproducing Existing Stylized Facts," Working Papers on Innovation and Space 2014-07, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Coad, Alex, 2010.
"Investigating the exponential age distribution of firms,"
Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal,
Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 4, pages 1-30.
- Alex Coad, 2009. "Investigating the exponential age distribution of firms," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2009-23, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Coad, Alex, 2010. "Investigating the exponential age distribution of firms," Economics Discussion Papers 2010-12, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Adam, Klaus & Weber, Henning, 2017. "Optimal trend inflation," CFS Working Paper Series 579, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Heinrich, Torsten & Dai, Shuanping, 2016.
"Diversity of firm sizes, complexity, and industry structure in the Chinese economy,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 90-106.
- Heinrich, Torsten & Dai, Shuanping, 2014. "Diversity of Firm Sizes, Complexity, and Industry Structure in the Chinese Economy," MPRA Paper 67630, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 29 Oct 2015.
- Heinrich, Torsten & Dai, Shuanping, 2015. "Diversity of firm sizes, complexity, and industry structure in the Chinese economy," Working Papers on East Asian Studies 107/2015, University of Duisburg-Essen, Institute of East Asian Studies IN-EAST.
- Cortés, Lina M. & Mora-Valencia, Andrés & Perote, Javier, 2017.
"Measuring firm size distribution with semi-nonparametric densities,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 485(C), pages 35-47.
- Lina Cortés & Andrés Mora-Valencia & Javier Perote, 2017. "Measuring firm size distribution with semi-nonparametric densities," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO CIEF 015300, UNIVERSIDAD EAFIT.
- Murat ATAN & Emre BOZDAĞ, 2011. "Avrupa Karbonatlı İçecekler Piyasasında Firma Büyüklüğü Ve Büyüklük Genişleme Oranı İlişkisi," Ekonomik Yaklasim, Ekonomik Yaklasim Association, vol. 22(80), pages 19-38.
- Martin Andersson & Börje Johansson, 2012. "Heterogeneous Distributions of Firms Sustained by Innovation Dynamics—A Model with Empirical Illustrations and Analysis," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 239-263, June.
- Sven-Olov Daunfeldt & Niklas Elert & Dan Johansson, 2014. "The Economic Contribution of High-Growth Firms: Do Policy Implications Depend on the Choice of Growth Indicator?," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 337-365, September.
- Coad, Alex & Segarra, Agustí & Teruel, Mercedes, 2016.
"Innovation and firm growth: Does firm age play a role?,"
Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 387-400.
- Coad, Alex & Segarra Blasco, Agustí, 1958- & Teruel, Mercedes, 2013. "Innovation and firm growth: Does firm age play a role?," Working Papers 2072/211886, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Flavio Calvino, 2016. "Technological Innovation and the Distribution of Employment Growth: a firm-level analysis," LEM Papers Series 2016/37, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Klaus Adam & Henning Weber, 2018. "Optimal Trend Inflation," CRC TR 224 Discussion Paper Series crctr224_010_2018, University of Bonn and University of Mannheim, Germany.
- Malevergne, Y. & Saichev, A. & Sornette, D., 2013. "Zipf's law and maximum sustainable growth," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 1195-1212.
- Brendan K. Beare & Alexis Akira Toda, 2017. "Geometrically stopped Markovian random growth processes and Pareto tails," Papers 1712.01431, arXiv.org.
- Klaus Adam & Henning Weber, 2018. "Optimal Trend Inflation," CESifo Working Paper Series 7028, CESifo Group Munich.
- Heinrich, Torsten, 2016. "The Narrow and the Broad Approach to Evolutionary Modeling in Economics," MPRA Paper 75797, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsfirm size distribution; age distribution; firm growth; Gibrat’s law; Pareto distribution; Zipf Law; L20; L25;
- L20 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - General
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jincot:v:10:y:2010:i:3:p:389-395. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.