A new method for measuring tail exponents of firm size distributions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hisano, Ryohei & Mizuno, Takayuki, 2011. "Sales distribution of consumer electronics," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(2), pages 309-318.
- Ramsden, J.J. & Kiss-Haypál, Gy., 2000. "Company size distribution in different countries," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 277(1), pages 220-227.
- Fujiwara, Yoshi & Di Guilmi, Corrado & Aoyama, Hideaki & Gallegati, Mauro & Souma, Wataru, 2004.
"Do Pareto–Zipf and Gibrat laws hold true? An analysis with European firms,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 335(1), pages 197-216.
- Yoshi Fujiwara & Corrado Di Guilmi & Hideaki Aoyama & Mauro Gallegati & Wataru Souma, 2003. "Do Pareto-Zipf and Gibrat laws hold true? An analysis with European Firms," Papers cond-mat/0310061, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2003.
- Stanley, Michael H. R. & Buldyrev, Sergey V. & Havlin, Shlomo & Mantegna, Rosario N. & Salinger, Michael A. & Eugene Stanley, H., 1995. "Zipf plots and the size distribution of firms," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 453-457, October.
- Gaffeo, Edoardo & Gallegati, Mauro & Palestrini, Antonio, 2003. "On the size distribution of firms: additional evidence from the G7 countries," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 324(1), pages 117-123.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Takayuki Mizuno & Takaaki Ohnishi & Tsutomu Watanabe, 2016. "Power laws in market capitalization during the Dot-com and Shanghai bubble periods," UTokyo Price Project Working Paper Series 070, University of Tokyo, Graduate School of Economics.
- Heinrich, Torsten & Dai, Shuanping, 2016.
"Diversity of firm sizes, complexity, and industry structure in the Chinese economy,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 90-106.
- Heinrich, Torsten & Dai, Shuanping, 2014. "Diversity of Firm Sizes, Complexity, and Industry Structure in the Chinese Economy," MPRA Paper 67630, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 29 Oct 2015.
- Heinrich, Torsten & Dai, Shuanping, 2015. "Diversity of firm sizes, complexity, and industry structure in the Chinese economy," Working Papers on East Asian Studies 107/2015, University of Duisburg-Essen, Institute of East Asian Studies IN-EAST.
- repec:spr:jeicoo:v:12:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s11403-015-0152-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Takayuki Mizuno & Takaaki Ohnishi & Tsutomu Watanabe, 2016. "Power laws in market capitalization during the Dot-com and Shanghai bubble periods," CARF F-Series CARF-F-392, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Mizuno, Takayuki & Ohnishi, Takaaki & Watanabe, Tsutomu, 2016. "Power law in market capitalization during Dot-com and Shanghai bubble periods," HIT-REFINED Working Paper Series 60, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Jovanovic, Franck & Schinckus, Christophe, 2017. "Econophysics and Financial Economics: An Emerging Dialogue," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780190205034.
More about this item
KeywordsEconophysics; power-law distributions; power-law exponents; firm size variables; finite size effect;
- C16 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Econometric and Statistical Methods; Specific Distributions
- C18 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Methodolical Issues: General
- D20 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - General
- E23 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Production
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-08-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2011-08-22 (Business Economics)
- NEP-ENT-2011-08-22 (Entrepreneurship)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:ifwedp:201129. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iwkiede.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.