Zipf plots and the size distribution of firms
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hall, Bronwyn H, 1987.
"The Relationship between Firm Size and Firm Growth in the U.S. Manufacturing Sector,"
Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(4), pages 583-606, June.
- Bronwyn H. Hall, 1986. "The Relationship Between Firm Size and Firm Growth in the U.S. Manufacturing Sector," NBER Working Papers 1965, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Talat Mahmood, 1997. "Survival of Newly Founded Businesses: A Log-Logistic Model Approach," CIG Working Papers FS IV 97-32, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Keun-Seob Choi & Jeong-Dong Lee & Chulwoo Baek, 2016. "Growth of De Alio and De Novo firms in the new and renewable energy industry," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(4), pages 295-312, May.
- Vasco M. Carvalho & Basile Grassi, 2019.
"Large Firm Dynamics and the Business Cycle,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 109(4), pages 1375-1425, April.
- Carvalho, Vasco M & Grassi, Basile, 2015. "Large Firm Dynamics and the Business Cycle," CEPR Discussion Papers 10587, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Vasco M. Carvalho & Basile Grassi, 2016. "Large Firm Dynamics and the Business Cycle," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1556, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Vasco Carvalho & Basile Grassi, 2015. "Large Firm Dynamics and the Business Cycle," Working Papers 824, Barcelona School of Economics.
- Vasco Carvalho & Basile Grassi, 2015. "Large firm dynamics and the business cycle," Economics Working Papers 1481, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Hilal Atasoy & Rajiv D. Banker & Paul A. Pavlou, 2016. "On the Longitudinal Effects of IT Use on Firm-Level Employment," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 27(1), pages 6-26, March.
- Paul H. Jensen & Elizabeth Webster & Hielke Buddelmeyer, 2008.
"Innovation, Technological Conditions and New Firm Survival,"
The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 84(267), pages 434-448, December.
- Paul H. Jensen & Elizabeth Webster & Hielke Buddelmeyer, 2006. "Innovation, Technological Conditions and New Firm Survival," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2006n26, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Andinet Woldemichael & Margaret Joldowski, 2019. "Working Paper 328 - The Cost of Inaction: Obstacles and Lost Jobs in Africa," Working Paper Series 2454, African Development Bank.
- A. Mahabbati & A. Izady & M. Mousavi Baygi & K. Davary & S. M. Hasheminia, 2017. "Daily soil temperature modeling using ‘panel-data’ concept," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(8), pages 1385-1401, June.
- Daunfeldt, Sven-Olov & Elert, Niklas & Lang, Ã…sa, 2012.
"Does Gibrat's law hold for retailing? Evidence from Sweden,"
Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 464-469.
- Daunfeldt, Sven-Olov & Elert, Niklas & Lang, Åsa, 2011. "Does Gibrat’s Law Hold for Retailing? Evidence from Sweden," Ratio Working Papers 164, The Ratio Institute.
- Daunfeldt, Sven-Olov & Elert, Niklas & Lang, Åsa, 2011. "Does Gibrat’s Law Hold for Retailing? Evidence from Sweden," HUI Working Papers 47, HUI Research.
- Yoonsoo Lee, 2006. "Relocation patterns in U.S. manufacturing," Working Papers (Old Series) 0624, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Francesco Quatraro & Marco Vivarelli, 2015.
"Drivers of Entrepreneurship and Post-entry Performance of Newborn Firms in Developing Countries,"
The World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 30(2), pages 277-305.
- Quatraro, Francesco & Vivarelli, Marco, 2013. "Drivers of Entrepreneurship and Post-Entry Performance of Newborn Firms in Developing Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 7436, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Francesco Quatraro & Marco Vivarelli, 2015. "Drivers of entrepreneurship and post-entry performance of newborn firms in developing countries," Post-Print hal-01071511, HAL.
- Quatraro, Francesco & Vivarelli, Marco, 2014. "Drivers of entrepreneurship and post-entry performance of newborn firms in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7074, The World Bank.
- Mark J. O. Bagley, 2019. "Networks, geography and the survival of the firm," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 29(4), pages 1173-1209, September.
- Ornella Wanda Maietta & Fernanda Mazzotta, 2018. "Firm Survival and Innovation: Knowledge Context Matters!," CSEF Working Papers 496, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Yang, Qing Gong & Temple, Paul, 2012.
"Reform and competitive selection in China: An analysis of firm exits,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 286-299.
- Qing Gong Yang & Paul Temple, 2009. "Reform and Competitive Selection in China: An Analysis of Firm Exits," School of Economics Discussion Papers 0409, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Shuyun May Li, 2009. "Optimal Lending Contracts with Long Run Borrowing Constraints," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 1084, The University of Melbourne.
- Marcelo Resende, 2004. "Gibrat's Law and the Growth of Cities in Brazil: A Panel Data Investigation," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 41(8), pages 1537-1549, July.
- Serhan Cevik & Fedor Miryugin, 2022.
"Death and taxes: Does taxation matter for firm survival?,"
Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(1), pages 92-112, March.
- Mr. Serhan Cevik & Fedor Miryugin, 2019. "Death and Taxes: Does Taxation Matter for Firm Survival?," IMF Working Papers 2019/078, International Monetary Fund.
- Bruno Cassiman & Masako Ueda, 2006.
"Optimal Project Rejection and New Firm Start-ups,"
Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(2), pages 262-275, February.
- Cassiman, Bruno & Ueda, Masako, 2002. "Optimal Project Rejection and New Firm Start-Ups," CEPR Discussion Papers 3429, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Cassiman , Bruno & Ueda, Masako, 2002. "Optimal project rejection and new firm start-ups," IESE Research Papers D/460, IESE Business School.
- Georgios Fotopoulos & Ioannis Giotopoulos, 2010. "Gibrat’s law and persistence of growth in Greek manufacturing," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 191-202, September.
- Baldwin, John R. Gu, Wulong, 2004. "Innovation, Survival and Performance of Canadian Manufacturing Plants," Economic Analysis (EA) Research Paper Series 2004022e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Wright, Mark, 2004.
"Firm Size Dynamics in the Aggregate Economy,"
Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series
qt4rs4202s, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Esteban Rossi-Hansberg & Mark L.J. Wright, 2005. "Firm Size Dynamics in the Aggregate Economy," NBER Working Papers 11261, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mark L.J. Wright & Esteban Rossi-Hansberg, 2004. "Firm Size Dynamics in the Aggregate Economy," 2004 Meeting Papers 878, Society for Economic Dynamics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:49:y:1995:i:4:p:453-457. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.