Transitional dynamics in the Ramsey model with AK technology and logistic population change
This paper shows that convergence can occur even for AK models if the population growth model is logistic. Moreover, the model is solved analytically, with the capital path expressed in closed-form in terms of Gauss hypergeometric functions.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- R. Boucekkine & F. del Rio & O. Licandro & Luis A. Puch, 2000.
"Vintage Capital and the Dynamics of the AK Model,"
Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers
0436, Econometric Society.
- BOUCEKKINE, Raouf & LICANDRO, Omar & PUCH, Luis A. & DEL RIO, Fernando, "undated". "Vintage capital and the dynamics of the AK model," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1757, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Boucekkine, Raouf & Licandro, Omar & Puch, Luis A. & del Rio, Fernando, 1999. "Vintage Capital and the Dynamics of the AK Model," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2000009, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Raouf BOUCEKKINE & Omar LICANDRO & Luis A. PUCH & Fernando DEL RIO, 2002. "Vintage Capital And the Dynamics of the AK Model," Economics Working Papers ECO2002/07, European University Institute.
- Boucekkine, Raouf & Del Rio, Fernando & Licandro, Omar, 2000. "Vintage capital and the dynamics of the AK model," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 0003, CEPREMAP.
- Raouf Boucekkine & Omar Licandro & Luis A. Puch & Fernando del Rio, "undated". "Vintage capital and the dynamics of the AK model," Working Papers 2000-01, FEDEA.
- Raouf Boucekkine & Omar Licandro & Luis A. Puch & Fernando del Rio, 2003. "Vintage capital and the dynamics of the AK model," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 0310, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- Tamura, Robert, 1991. "Income Convergence in an Endogenous Growth Model," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 522-540, June.
- Kocherlakota, Narayana R & Yi, Kei-Mu, 1996. "A Simple Time Series Test of Endogenous vs. Exogenous Growth Models: An Application to the United States," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 78(1), pages 126-134, February.
- Alberto BUCCI & Luca GUERRINI, 2008.
"Transitional dynamics in the Solow-Swan growth model with AK technology and logistic population change,"
Departmental Working Papers
2008-44, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Bucci Alberto & Guerrini Luca, 2009. "Transitional Dynamics in the Solow-Swan Growth Model with AK Technology and Logistic Population Change," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 9(1), pages 1-17, December.
- Alberto Bucci & Luca Guerrini, 2009. "Transitional Dynamics in the Solow-Swan Growth Model with AK Technology and Logistic Population Change," DEGIT Conference Papers c014_020, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Tamura, Robert, 2006.
"Human capital and economic development,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 26-72, February.
- Christopher D Carroll & Jody Overland & David N Weil, 1997.
"Comparison Utility in a Growth Model,"
Economics Working Paper Archive
387, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics.
- Guerrini, Luca, 2006. "The Solow-Swan model with a bounded population growth rate," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 14-21, February.
- Guerrini, Luca, 2010. "The Ramsey model with AK technology and a bounded population growth rate," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 1178-1183, December.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Ventura, Jaume, 2001.
"The World Income Distribution,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2973, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tamura, Robert, 1996. "From decay to growth: A demographic transition to economic growth," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 20(6-7), pages 1237-1261.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2007:i:15:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Guerrini, Luca, 2010. "A closed-form solution to the Ramsey model with logistic population growth," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1178-1182, September.
- Kocherlakota, Narayana R. & Yi, Kei-Mu, 1995. "Can convergence regressions distinguish between exogenous and endogenous growth models?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 211-215, August.
- Gómez, Manuel A., 2008. "Convergence speed in the Ak endogenous growth model with habit formation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 16-21, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:109:y:2010:i:1:p:17-19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.