Solution to Non-Linear MHDS arising from Optimal Growth Problems
In this paper we propose a method for solving in closed form a general class of non-linear modified Hamiltonian dynamic systems (MHDS). This method may be used to analyze some intertemporal optimization problems With a predetermined structure involving unbounded technological constraints. The method seems specially well designed to study endogenous growth models With two controls and one state variable. We use the closed form solutions to Study either unicity or indeterminacy of the non-explosive paths in a Context charaterized by the lack of a well defined isolated steady state. Moreover, in this way we can avoid both the reduction of dimension and the linearization process even when the dynamic system offers a continuum of steady states or no steady stateat all.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- José Ramón Ruiz-Tamarit, .
"The Closed-Form Solution for a Family of Four-Dimension Non-Linear MHDS,"
- Ruiz-Tamarit, José Ramón, 2008. "The closed-form solution for a family of four-dimension nonlinear MHDS," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 1000-1014, March.
- M. Kurz, 1968. "The General Instability of a Class of Competitive Growth Processes," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(2), pages 155-174.
- Guerrini, Luca, 2010. "A closed-form solution to the Ramsey model with logistic population growth," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1178-1182, September.
- Bovenberg, A.L. & Smulders, J.A., 1995.
"Environmental quality and pollution-augmenting technological change in a two-sector endogenous growth model,"
Other publications TiSEM
6784bb12-71fb-45a5-bf7e-8, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Lans Bovenberg, A. & Smulders, Sjak, 1995. "Environmental quality and pollution-augmenting technological change in a two-sector endogenous growth model," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 369-391, July.
- Kenneth L. Judd, 1998. "Numerical Methods in Economics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262100711.
- Boucekkine, Raouf, 1995. "An alternative methodology for solving nonlinear forward-looking models," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 711-734, May.
- Sergio T. Rebelo, 1990.
"Long Run Policy Analysis and Long Run Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
3325, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- J. Aznar-Márquez & J. R. Ruiz-Tamarit, .
"Endogenous Growth, Capital Utilization and Depreciation,"
- J. Aznar-Marquez & J.R. Ruiz-Tamarit, 2001. "Endogenous Growth, Capital Utilization and Depreciation," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2001037, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Russell, Thomas & Zecevic, Aleksandar, 2000. "Indeterminate growth paths and stability," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 39-62, January.
- BENCHEKROUN, Hassan & WITHAGEN, Cees, 2010.
"The Optimal Depletion of Exhaustible Resources : A Complete Characterization,"
Cahiers de recherche
04-2010, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Benchekroun, Hassan & Withagen, Cees, 2011. "The optimal depletion of exhaustible resources: A complete characterization," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 612-636, September.
- Hassan Benchekroun & Cees Withagen, 2010. "The Optimal Depletion Of Exhaustible Resources: A Complete Characterization," Departmental Working Papers 2010-01, McGill University, Department of Economics.
- Smith William T, 2007. "Inspecting the Mechanism Exactly: A Closed-form Solution to a Stochastic Growth Model," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-33, August.
- Casey B. Mulligan & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1993. "Transitional Dynamics in Two-Sector Models of Endogenous Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 739-773.
- Hiraguchi, Ryoji, 2009. "A note on the closed-form solution to the Lucas-Uzawa model with externality," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1757-1760, October.
- BOUCEKKINE, Raouf & MARTINEZ, Blanca & RUIZ-TAMARIT, José Ramon, .
"Note on global dynamics and imbalance effects in the Lucas-Uzawa model,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
2091, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Raouf Boucekkine & Blanca Martínez & José Ramón Ruiz-Tamarit, 2008. "Note on global dynamics and imbalance effects in the Lucas-Uzawa model," International Journal of Economic Theory, The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 4(4), pages 503-518.
- Raouf Boucekkine & B. Martínez & J. R. Ruiz-Tamarit, 2007. "A note on global dynamics and imbalance effects in the Lucas-Uzawa model," Working Papers 2007_26, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Guerrini, Luca, 2010. "The Ramsey model with a bounded population growth rate," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 872-878, September.
- Brunner, Martin & Strulik, Holger, 2002.
"Solution of perfect foresight saddlepoint problems: a simple method and applications,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 737-753, May.
- Martin Brunner & Holger Strulik, 2002. "Code for "Solution of Perfect Foresight Sattlepoint Problems: A Simple Method and Applications"," QM&RBC Codes 93, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Guerrini, Luca, 2010. "The Ramsey model with AK technology and a bounded population growth rate," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 1178-1183, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fda:fdaddt:2000-16. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carmen Arias)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.