The Closed-Form Solution for a Family of Four-Dimension Non-Linear MHDS
In this paper I propose a method for solving in closed form a general class of four-dimension non-linear modified Hamiltonian dynamic systems. This method may be used to study several intertemporal optimization problems with a predetermined structure, involving unbounded technological constraints as well as multiple controls and state variables. The method is developed here by solving the first order conditions corresponding to the socially optimal solution to the Lucas (1988) two-sector model of endogenous growth
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paul Krugman, 1990.
"Increasing Returns and Economic Geography,"
NBER Working Papers
3275, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- BOUCEKKINE, Raouf & RUIZ TAMARIT, Ramon, .
"Imbalance effects in the Lucas model: an analytical exploration,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
1755, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Boucekkine Raouf & Ruiz Tamarit Ramon, 2004. "Imbalance Effects in the Lucas Model: an Analytical Exploration," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 4(1), pages 1-19, December.
- Raouf, BOUCEKKINE & Ramon, RUIZ-TAMARIT, 2004. "Imbalance effects in the Lucas model : An analytical exploration," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2004005, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- BOUCEKKINE, Raouf & RUIZ-TAMARIT, Ramon, 2004. "Imbalance effects in the Lucas model: an analytical exploration," CORE Discussion Papers 2004008, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Marius Brülhart, 2001. "Evolving geographical concentration of European manufacturing industries," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 137(2), pages 215-243, June.
- Guy Dumais & Glenn Ellison & Edward L. Glaeser, 2002.
"Geographic Concentration As A Dynamic Process,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 84(2), pages 193-204, May.
- Guy Dumais & Glenn Ellison & Edward L Glaeser, 1998. "Geographic Concentration as a Dynamic Process," Working Papers 98-3, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Guy Dumais & Glenn Ellison & Edward Glaeser, 1997. "Geographic Concentration as a Dynamic Process," NBER Working Papers 6270, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
- Ruiz-Tamarit, J.R. & Ventura-Marco, M., 2011.
"Solution to nonlinear MHDS arising from optimal growth problems,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 86-96, March.
- J. R. Ruiz-Tamarit & M. Ventura-Marco, . "Solution to Non-Linear MHDS arising from Optimal Growth Problems," Working Papers 2000-16, FEDEA.
- Benhabib Jess & Perli Roberto, 1994. "Uniqueness and Indeterminacy: On the Dynamics of Endogenous Growth," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 113-142, June.
- Xie Danyang, 1994.
"Divergence in Economic Performance: Transitional Dynamics with Multiple Equilibria,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 97-112, June.
- Danyang Xie, 2002. "Divergence in Economic Performance: Transitional Dynamics with Multiple Equilibria," GE, Growth, Math methods 0210002, EconWPA.
- Casey B. Mulligan & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1993. "Transitional Dynamics in Two-Sector Models of Endogenous Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 739-773.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fda:fdaddt:2002-18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carmen Arias)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.