Water users associations and irrigation water productivity in northern China
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Huang, Qiuqiong & Wang, Jinxia & Easter, K. William & Rozelle, Scott, 2010. "Empirical assessment of water management institutions in northern China," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 361-369, December.
- Wang, Jinxia & Xu, Zhigang & Huang, Jikun & Rozelle, Scott, 2005. "Incentives in water management reform: assessing the effect on water use, production, and poverty in the Yellow River Basin," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(06), pages 769-799, December.
- World Bank, 2001. "China : Air, Land, and Water - Environmental Priorities for a New Millennium," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 14020, August.
- Elinor Ostrom, 2010.
"Beyond Markets and States: Polycentric Governance of Complex Economic Systems,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 100(3), pages 641-672, June.
- Ostrom, Elinor, 2009. "Beyond Markets and States: Polycentric Governance of Complex Economic Systems," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 2009-4, Nobel Prize Committee.
- Huang, Qiuqiong & Rozelle, Scott & Wang, Jinxia & Huang, Jikun, 2009. "Water management institutional reform: A representative look at northern China," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 96(2), pages 215-225, February.
- Yang, Hong & Zhang, Xiaohe & Zehnder, Alexander J. B., 2003. "Water scarcity, pricing mechanism and institutional reform in northern China irrigated agriculture," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 143-161, June.
- Veronica Wachong Castro & Nico Heerink & Xiaoping Shi & Wei Qu, 2010. "Water savings through off-farm employment?," China Agricultural Economic Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 2(2), pages 167-184, May.
- Taylor, J. Edward & Martin, Philip L., 2001. "Human capital: Migration and rural population change," Handbook of Agricultural Economics,in: B. L. Gardner & G. C. Rausser (ed.), Handbook of Agricultural Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 9, pages 457-511 Elsevier.
- Harini Nagendra, 2011. "Heterogeneity and Collective Action for Forest Management," Human Development Research Papers (2009 to present) HDRP-2011-02, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Qu, Futian & Kuyvenhoven, Arie & Shi, Xiaoping & Heerink, Nico, 2011. "Sustainable natural resource use in rural China: Recent trends and policies," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 444-460.
- Mark W. Rosegrant & Ximing Cai, 2002. "Water Constraints and Environmental Impacts of Agricultural Growth," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(3), pages 832-838.
- Zhang, Lijuan & Wang, Jinxia & Huang, Jikun & Rozelle, Scott, 2008. "Development of Groundwater Markets in China: A Glimpse into Progress to Date," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 706-726, April.
- George E. Battese, 1997. "A Note On The Estimation Of Cobb-Douglas Production Functions When Some Explanatory Variables Have Zero Values," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(1-3), pages 250-252.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kaori Tembata & Kenji Takeuchi, 2016. "Collective decision-making under drought: An empirical study of water resource management in Japan," Discussion Papers 1646, Graduate School of Economics, Kobe University.
- Dawit K. Mekonnen & Hira Channa & Claudia Ringler, 2015.
"The impact of water users' associations on the productivity of irrigated agriculture in Pakistani Punjab,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(5-6), pages 733-747, September.
- Mekonnen, Dawit Kelemework & Channa, Hira & Ringler, Claudia, 2014. "The impact of water users' associations on the productivity of irrigated agriculture in Pakistani Punjab," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 170482, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Mekonnen, Dawit & Channa, Hira & Ringler, Claudia, 2015. "The impact of water users' associations on the productivity of irrigated agriculture in Pakistani Punjab," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212453, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Feike, Til & Henseler, Martin, 2017. "Multiple Policy Instruments for Sustainable Water Management in Crop Production - A Modeling Study for the Chinese Aksu-Tarim Region," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 135(C), pages 42-54.
- Villamayor-Tomas, Sergio, 2014. "Cooperation in common property regimes under extreme drought conditions: Empirical evidence from the use of pooled transferable quotas in Spanish irrigation systems," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 482-493.
- Guangwei Huang, 2015. "From Water-Constrained to Water-Driven Sustainable Development—A Case of Water Policy Impact Evaluation," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(7), pages 1-15, July.
- Xianlei Ma & Nico Heerink & Ekko Ierland & Xiaoping Shi, 2016. "Land tenure insecurity and rural-urban migration in rural China," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 95(2), pages 383-406, June.
- repec:eee:agiwat:v:203:y:2018:i:c:p:87-96 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsIrrigation; Water productivity; Water users associations; Households; China;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:95:y:2013:i:c:p:128-136. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.