The effects of wildfire and environmental amenities on property values in northwest Montana, USA
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Loomis, John, 2004. "Do nearby forest fires cause a reduction in residential property values?," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 149-157, November.
- de Mendonca, Mario Jorge Cardoso & Vera Diaz, Maria del Carmen & Nepstad, Daniel & Seroa da Motta, Ronaldo & Alencar, Ane & Gomes, Joao Carlos & Ortiz, Ramon Arigoni, 2004. "The economic cost of the use of fire in the Amazon," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 89-105, May.
- Geoffrey H. Donovan & Patricia A. Champ & David T. Butry, 2007. "Wildfire Risk and Housing Prices: A Case Study from Colorado Springs," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 83(2), pages 217-233.
- Loomis, John B. & Le, Hung Trong & Gonzales-Caban, Armando, 2005. "Testing transferability of willingness to pay for forest fire prevention among three states of California, Florida and Montana," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 125-140, December.
- Margot Lutzenhiser & Noelwah R. Netusil, 2001. "The Effect Of Open Spaces On A Home'S Sale Price," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 19(3), pages 291-298, July.
- Spring, Daniel A. & Kennedy, John O.S., 2005. "Existence value and optimal timber-wildlife management in a flammable multistand forest," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 365-379, November.
- Kaval, Pamela & Loomis, John & Seidl, Andy, 2007.
"Willingness-to-pay for prescribed fire in the Colorado (USA) wildland urban interface,"
Forest Policy and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 9(8), pages 928-937, May.
- Pamela Kaval & John Loomis & Andrew Seidl, 2006. "Willingness-to-Pay for Prescribed Fire in the Colorado (USA) Wildland Urban Interface," Working Papers in Economics 06/13, University of Waikato.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Snyder, Stephanie A. & Kilgore, Michael A. & Hudson, Rachel & Donnay, Jacob, 2008. "Influence of purchaser perceptions and intentions on price for forest land parcels: A hedonic pricing approach," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 47-72, January.
- Bennetton, Julia & Cashin, Paul & Jones, Darren & Soligo, James, 1998.
"An economic evaluation of bushfire prevention and suppression,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 42(2), June.
- Bennetton, J. & Cashin, P. & Jones, D. & Soligo, J., 1997. "An Economic Evaluation of Bushfire Prevention and Suppression," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 598, The University of Melbourne.
- Loomis, John B. & Gonzalez-Caban, Armando & Englin, Jeffrey E., 2001. "Testing For Differential Effects Of Forest Fires On Hiking And Mountain Biking Demand And Benefits," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 26(02), December.
- Mansfield, Carol & Pattanayak, Subhrendu K. & McDow, William & McDonald, Robert & Halpin, Patrick, 2005. "Shades of Green: Measuring the value of urban forests in the housing market," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 177-199, December.
- Pamela Kaval, 2006. "The Relationship between Well-Being and Wildfire," Working Papers in Economics 06/14, University of Waikato.
- Okmyung Biny & Stephen Polasky, 2004. "Effects of Flood Hazards on Property Values: Evidence Before and After Hurricane Floyd," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 80(4).
- Walker, Susan H. & Rideout, Douglas B. & Loomis, John B. & Reich, Robin, 2007. "Comparing the value of fuel treatment options in northern Colorado's urban and wildland-urban interface areas," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(6), pages 694-703, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zhen Xu & G. Cornelis van Kooten, 2013. "Living with Wildfire: The Impact of Historic Fires on Property Values in Kelowna, BC," Working Papers 2013-05, University of Victoria, Department of Economics, Resource Economics and Policy Analysis Research Group.
- Ambrey, Christopher L. & Fleming, Christopher M. & Manning, Matthew, 2016. "The hedonistic cost of the Black Saturday bushfires," 2016 Conference (60th), February 2-5, 2016, Canberra, Australia 235304, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Jed Cohen & Christine E. Blinn & Kevin J. Boyle & Thomas P. Holmes & Klaus Moeltner, 2016.
"Hedonic Valuation with Translating Amenities: Mountain Pine Beetles and Host Trees in the Colorado Front Range,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 63(3), pages 613-642, March.
- Jed Cohen & Christine Blinn & Kevin Boyle & Thomas Holmes & Klaus Moeltner, 2016. "Hedonic Valuation with Translating Amenities: Mountain Pine Beetles and Host Trees in the Colorado Front Range," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 63(3), pages 613-642, March.
- Pitchayaporn Tantihkarnchana & Gregmar Galinato, 2014.
"The Amenity Value of Climate Change Across Different Regions in the United States,"
2014-9, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University.
- Tantihkarnchana, Pitchayaporn & Galinato, Gregmar I., 2015. "The Amenity Value of Climate Change Across Different Regions in the United States," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 202498, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Prestemon, Jeffrey P. & Abt, Karen L. & Barbour, R. James, 2012. "Quantifying the net economic benefits of mechanical wildfire hazard treatments on timberlands of the western United States," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 44-53.
- Hansen, Winslow D. & Naughton, Helen T., 2013. "The effects of a spruce bark beetle outbreak and wildfires on property values in the wildland–urban interface of south-central Alaska, USA," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 141-154.
- Shawn J. McCoy & Randall P. Walsh, 2014. "W.U.I. on Fire: Risk, Salience & Housing Demand," NBER Working Papers 20644, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Katuwal, Hari & Venn, Tyron J. & Paveglio, Travis & Prato, Tony, 2015. "Effects of Information Framing and Information Seeking Behavior on Willingness-to-pay for a Wildfire Management Program," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205645, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Katherine A. Kiel & Victor Matheson, 2015. "The Effect of Natural Disasters on Housing Prices: An Examination of the Fourmile Canyon Fire," Working Papers 1503, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- James R. Meldrum, 2016. "Floodplain Price Impacts by Property Type in Boulder County, Colorado: Condominiums Versus Standalone Properties," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 64(4), pages 725-750, August.
- Siriwardena, Shyamani D. & Boyle, Kevin J. & Holmes, Thomas P. & Wiseman, P. Eric, 2016. "The implicit value of tree cover in the U.S.: A meta-analysis of hedonic property value studies," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 68-76.
- Hansen, Winslow D. & Mueller, Julie M. & Naughton, Helen T., 2014. "Wildfire in Hedonic Property Value Studies," Western Economics Forum, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 13(01).
- Hjerpe, Evan & Kim, Yeon-Su & Dunn, Leah, 2016. "Forest density preferences of homebuyers in the wildland-urban interface," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 56-66.
More about this item
KeywordsHedonic price method Revealed preference Wildland-urban interface Non-market valuation Bushfire;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:69:y:2010:i:11:p:2233-2243. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.