Can economic causes of tropical deforestation be identified at a global level?
No abstract is available for this item.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Deacon, Robert T., 1992. "Controlling tropical deforestation : an analysis of alternative policies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1029, The World Bank.
- Barbier, E B & Burgess, J C, 2001. " The Economics of Tropical Deforestation," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(3), pages 413-33, July.
- White, Howard & Leavy, Jennifer, 2000. "Economic Reform and Economic Performance: Evidence from 20 Developing Countries," MPRA Paper 6594, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pandey, Kiran D. & Wheeler, David, 2001. "Structural adjustment and forest resources - the impact of World Bank operations," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2584, The World Bank.
- Culas, Richard & Dutta, Dilip, 2003. "A Re-examination of Causes of Deforestation and Environmental Kuznets Curve: Evidences from Latin America, Africa and Asia," Working Papers 2, University of Sydney, School of Economics.
- Bhattarai, Madhusudan & Hammig, Michael, 2001. "Institutions and the Environmental Kuznets Curve for Deforestation: A Crosscountry Analysis for Latin America, Africa and Asia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 995-1010, June.
- Angelsen, A. & Shitindi, E.F.K. & Aarrestad, J., 1999.
"Why do Farmers Expand their Land into Forests? Theories and Evidence from Tanzania,"
Norway; Department of Economics, University of Bergen
197, Department of Economics, University of Bergen.
- Angelsen, Arild & Shitindi, Eric F. Katemansimba & Aarrestad, Jostein, 1999. "Why do farmers expand their land into forests? Theories and evidence from Tanzania," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(03), pages 313-331, July.
- Cropper, Maureen & Griffiths, Charles, 1994. "The Interaction of Population Growth and Environmental Quality," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 250-54, May.
- Kahn, James R. & McDonald, Judith A., 1995. "Third-world debt and tropical deforestation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 107-123, February.
- Heath, John & Binswanger, Hans, 1996. "Natural resource degradation effects of poverty and population growth are largely policy-induced: the case of Colombia," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(01), pages 65-84, February.
- Capistrano, Ana Doris & Kiker, Clyde F., 1995. "Macro-scale economic influences on tropical forest depletion," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 21-29, July.
- Stern, David I. & Common, Michael S. & Barbier, Edward B., 1996. "Economic growth and environmental degradation: The environmental Kuznets curve and sustainable development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(7), pages 1151-1160, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:62:y:2007:i:3-4:p:603-612. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.