Integrating economic, environmental and GIS modeling to target cost effective land retirement in multiple watersheds
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- David Zilberman, 1996. "The Economics of a Public Fund for Environmental Amenities: A Study of CRP Contracts," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(4), pages 961-971.
- Madhu Khanna & Wanhong Yang & Richard Farnsworth & Hayri Önal, 2003. "Cost-Effective Targeting of Land Retirement to Improve Water Quality with Endogenous Sediment Deposition Coefficients," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(3), pages 538-553.
- Carpentier, C.L. & Bosch, D.J. & Batie, S.S., 1998. "Using Spatial Information to Reduce Costs of Controlling Agricultural Nonpoint Source Pollution," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(01), pages 72-84, April.
- John B. Braden & Gary V. Johnson & Aziz Bouzaher & David Miltz, 1989. "Optimal Spatial Management of Agricultural Pollution," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 71(2), pages 404-413.
- Marc O. Ribaudo, 1989. "Targeting the Conservation Reserve Program to Maximize Water Quality Benefits," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 65(4), pages 320-332.
- Anastasia Lintner & Alfons Weersink, 1999. "Endogenous Transport Coefficients: Implications for Improving Water Quality from Multi-Contaminants in an Agricultural Watershed," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 14(2), pages 269-296, September.
- Marc O. Ribaudo, 1986. "Consideration of Offsite Impacts in Targeting Soil Conservation Programs," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 62(4), pages 402-411.
- Babcock, Bruce A. & Lakshminarayan, P. G. & Wu, J. & Zilberman, David, 1997. "Targeting Tools for the Purchase of Environmental Amenities," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5220, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Carpentier, Chantal Line & Bosch, Darrell J. & Batie, Sandra S., 1998. "Using Spatial Information To Reduce Costs Of Controlling Agricultural Nonpoint Source Pollution," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 27(1), April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bauer, Dana Marie & Swallow, Stephen K., 2013. "Conserving metapopulations in human-altered landscapes at the urban–rural fringe," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 159-170.
- Doole, Graeme J., 2012. "Cost-effective policies for improving water quality by reducing nitrate emissions from diverse dairy farms: An abatement–cost perspective," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 10-20.
- Crossman, Neville D. & Connor, Jeffrey D. & Bryan, Brett A. & Summers, David M. & Ginnivan, John, 2010. "Reconfiguring an irrigation landscape to improve provision of ecosystem services," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(5), pages 1031-1042, March.
- Neville D Crossman & Jeffrey D Connor & Brett A Bryan & David A Summers & John Ginnivan, 2009. "Reconfiguring an Irrigation Landscape to Improve Provision of Ecosystem Services," Socio-Economics and the Environment in Discussion (SEED) Working Paper Series 2009-07, CSIRO Sustainable Ecosystems.
- Ancev, Tihomir & Odeh, Inakwu O.A., 2005. "Use of Spatially Referenced Data in Agricultural Economics Research," 2005 Conference (49th), February 9-11, 2005, Coff's Harbour, Australia 137743, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- van der Horst, Dan, 2006. "Spatial cost-benefit thinking in multi-functional forestry; towards a framework for spatial targeting of policy interventions," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 171-180, August.
- Halkos, George, 2013. "Cost-effectiveness analysis in reducing nutrient loading in Baltic and Black Seas: A review," MPRA Paper 52296, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stéphanie Aulong & Madjid Bouzit & Nathalie Dörfliger, 2009. "Cost–Effectiveness Analysis of Water Management Measures in Two River Basins of Jordan and Lebanon," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 23(4), pages 731-753, March.
- Jin Wang & Guo Cheng & Yi Gao & Ai Long & Zhong Xu & Xin Li & Hongyan Chen & Tom Barker, 2008. "Optimal Water Resource Allocation in Arid and Semi-Arid Areas," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 22(2), pages 239-258, February.
- van Wenum, J. H. & Wossink, G. A. A. & Renkema, J. A., 2004.
"Location-specific modeling for optimizing wildlife management on crop farms,"
Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 395-407, April.
- van Wenum, Jaap & Wossink, Ada & Renkema, Jan, 2002. "Location-Specific Modeling For Optimizing Wildlife Management On Crop Farms," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19705, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Balana, Bedru Babulo & Vinten, Andy & Slee, Bill, 2011. "A review on cost-effectiveness analysis of agri-environmental measures related to the EU WFD: Key issues, methods, and applications," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(6), pages 1021-1031, April.
- Bauer, Dana Marie & Swallow, Stephen K., 2005. "Allocation of Land at the Rural-Urban Fringe Using a Spatially-Realistic Ecosystem Constraint," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19394, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Talberth, John & Selman, Mindy & Walker, Sara & Gray, Erin, 2015. "Pay for Performance: Optimizing public investments in agricultural best management practices in the Chesapeake Bay Watershed," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 252-261.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:46:y:2003:i:2:p:249-267. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .