Vulnerability and spatial competition: The case of fisheries and offshore wind projects
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kermagoret, Charlène & Levrel, Harold & Carlier, Antoine & Dachary-Bernard, Jeanne, 2016. "Individual preferences regarding environmental offset and welfare compensation: a choice experiment application to an offshore wind farm project," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 129(C), pages 230-240.
- Fahim N. Tonmoy & Abbas El‐Zein & Jochen Hinkel, 2014. "Assessment of vulnerability to climate change using indicators: a meta‐analysis of the literature," Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Climate Change, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 5(6), pages 775-792, November.
- Klain, Sarah C. & Satterfield, Terre & Sinner, Jim & Ellis, Joanne I. & Chan, Kai M.A., 2018. "Bird Killer, Industrial Intruder or Clean Energy? Perceiving Risks to Ecosystem Services Due to an Offshore Wind Farm," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 143(C), pages 111-129.
- Punt, Maarten J. & Groeneveld, Rolf A. & van Ierland, Ekko C. & Stel, Jan H., 2009. "Spatial planning of offshore wind farms: A windfall to marine environmental protection?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 93-103, November.
- Eric Tate, 2012. "Social vulnerability indices: a comparative assessment using uncertainty and sensitivity analysis," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 63(2), pages 325-347, September.
- F J Blancas & I Contreras & J M Ramírez-Hurtado, 2013. "Constructing a composite indicator with multiplicative aggregation under the objective of ranking alternatives," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 64(5), pages 668-678, May.
- Stacy E Aguilera & Jennifer Cole & Elena M Finkbeiner & Elodie Le Cornu & Natalie C Ban & Mark H Carr & Joshua E Cinner & Larry B Crowder & Stefan Gelcich & Christina C Hicks & John N Kittinger & Rebe, 2015. "Managing Small-Scale Commercial Fisheries for Adaptive Capacity: Insights from Dynamic Social-Ecological Drivers of Change in Monterey Bay," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 10(3), pages 1-22, March.
- Tidball, Keith & Stedman, Richard, 2013. "Positive dependency and virtuous cycles: From resource dependence to resilience in urban social-ecological systems," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 292-299.
- Olivier Guyader & Patrick Berthou & C. Koutsikopoulos & Frédérique Alban & Sébastien Demaneche & M.B. Gaspar & R. Eschbaum & E. Fahy & O. Tully & L. Reynal & Olivier Curtil & Katia Frangoudes & France, 2013. "Small scale fisheries in Europe: A comparative analysis based on a selection of case studies," Post-Print hal-00779190, HAL.
- Jardine, Sunny L. & Fisher, Mary C. & Moore, Stephanie K. & Samhouri, Jameal F., 2020. "Inequality in the Economic Impacts from Climate Shocks in Fisheries: The Case of Harmful Algal Blooms," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 176(C).
- Cohen, Philippa J. & Foale, Simon J., 2013. "Sustaining small-scale fisheries with periodically harvested marine reserves," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 278-287.
- Richard Morgan, 2016. "Exploring How Fishermen Respond to the Challenges Facing the Fishing Industry: A Case Study of Diversification in the English Channel Fishery," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(10), pages 1755-1768, October.
- Christie, N. & Smyth, K. & Barnes, R. & Elliott, M., 2014. "Co-location of activities and designations: A means of solving or creating problems in marine spatial planning?," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 254-261.
- Martin D. Smith, 2002. "Two Econometric Approaches for Predicting the Spatial Behavior of Renewable Resource Harvesters," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 78(4), pages 522-538.
- Salvatore Greco & Alessio Ishizaka & Menelaos Tasiou & Gianpiero Torrisi, 2019. "On the Methodological Framework of Composite Indices: A Review of the Issues of Weighting, Aggregation, and Robustness," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 141(1), pages 61-94, January.
- van de Geer, Casper & Mills, Morena & Adams, Vanessa M. & Pressey, Robert L. & McPhee, Daryl, 2013. "Impacts of the Moreton Bay Marine Park rezoning on commercial fishermen," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 248-256.
- Valcic, Branka, 2009. "Spatial policy and the behavior of fishermen," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 215-222, March.
- Gary S. Becker, 1975. "Human Capital: A Theoretical and Empirical Analysis, with Special Reference to Education, Second Edition," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number beck75-1.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Virtanen, E.A. & Lappalainen, J. & Nurmi, M. & Viitasalo, M. & Tikanmäki, M. & Heinonen, J. & Atlaskin, E. & Kallasvuo, M. & Tikkanen, H. & Moilanen, A., 2022. "Balancing profitability of energy production, societal impacts and biodiversity in offshore wind farm design," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 158(C).
- Quero García, Pablo & Chica Ruiz, Juan Adolfo & García Sanabria, Javier, 2020. "Blue energy and marine spatial planning in Southern Europe," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 140(C).
- Wright, Glen & O’Hagan, Anne Marie & de Groot, Jiska & Leroy, Yannick & Soininen, Niko & Salcido, Rachael & Castelos, Montserrat Abad & Jude, Simon & Rochette, Julien & Kerr, Sandy, 2016. "Establishing a legal research agenda for ocean energy," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 126-134.
- Olga Bogdanov & Veljko Jeremiæ & Sandra Jednak & Mladen Èudanov, 2019. "Scrutinizing the Smart City Index: a multivariate statistical approach," Zbornik radova Ekonomskog fakulteta u Rijeci/Proceedings of Rijeka Faculty of Economics, University of Rijeka, Faculty of Economics and Business, vol. 37(2), pages 777-799.
- Kristinn Hermannsson & Patrizio Lecca, 2016.
"Human Capital in Economic Development: From Labour Productivity to Macroeconomic Impact,"
Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 35(1), pages 24-36, March.
- Kristinn Hermannsson & Patrizio Lecca, 2015. "Human capital in economic development: from labour productiviey to macroeconomic impact," Working Papers 1501, University of Strathclyde Business School, Department of Economics.
- Hermannsson, Kristinn & Lecca, Patrizio, 2015. "Human Capital in Economics Development: From Labour Productivity to Macroeconomic Impact," SIRE Discussion Papers 2015-53, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Dimitris Pavlopoulos & Ruud Muffels & Jeroen K. Vermunt, 2009. "Training and Low‐pay Mobility: The Case of the UK and the Netherlands," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 23(s1), pages 37-59, March.
- Asch, Beth J & Warner, John T, 2001. "A Theory of Compensation and Personnel Policy in Hierarchical Organizations with Application to the United States Military," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(3), pages 523-562, July.
- Nijkamp, P. & Stough, R. & Sahin, M., 2009. "Impact of social and human capital on business performance of migrant entrepreneurs - a comparative dutch-us study," Serie Research Memoranda 0017, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Alberto Chong, 2006. "Does It Matter How People Speak?," Research Department Publications 4489, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Mariateresa Ciommi & Chiara Gigliarano & Francesco M. Chelli & Mauro Gallegati, 2022. "It is the Total that Does [Not] Make the Sum: Nature, Economy and Society in the Equitable and Sustainable Well-Being of the Italian Provinces," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 161(2), pages 491-522, June.
- Stuth, Stefan & Schorlemmer, Julia & Hennig, Marina & Allmendinger, Jutta, 2014. "Freiwilliges Engagement: Ein Patentrezept für Wiedereinsteigerinnen?," Discussion Papers, Presidential Department P 2014-007, WZB Berlin Social Science Center.
- Dorothea Alewell & Sven Hauff & Katrin Weiland & Kirsten Thommes, 2011. "HRM and the use of personnel services: an empirical analysis of German firms," International Journal of Manpower, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 32(4), pages 394-409, July.
- Conlon, Gavan, 2001. "The incidence and outcomes associated with the late attainment of qualifications in the United Kingdom," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19540, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Rajko Tomaš, 2022. "Measurement of the Concentration of Potential Quality of Life in Local Communities," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 163(1), pages 79-109, August.
- Oswald, Yvonne & Backes-Gellner, Uschi, 2014.
"Learning for a bonus: How financial incentives interact with preferences,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 52-61.
- Uschi Backes-Gellner & Yvonne Oswald, 2012. "Learning for a bonus: How financial incentives interact with preferences," Economics of Education Working Paper Series 0079, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
- Aleksandra Maksimovska & Aleksandar Stojkov, 2019. "Composite Indicator of Social Responsiveness of Local Governments: An Empirical Mapping of the Networked Community Governance Paradigm," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 144(2), pages 669-706, July.
- Altorjai, Szilvia, 2013. "Over-qualification of immigrants in the UK," ISER Working Paper Series 2013-11, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- James J. Heckman, 2015.
"Introduction to A Theory of the Allocation of Time by Gary Becker,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 0(583), pages 403-409, March.
- Heckman, James J., 2014. "Introduction to A Theory of the Allocation of Time by Gary Becker," IZA Discussion Papers 8424, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Geoff Mason & Hiroatsu Nohara, 2010.
"How well-rewarded is inter-firm mobility in the labour market for scientists and engineers? New evidence from the UK and France,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(5), pages 459-480.
- Geoff Mason & Hiroatsu Nohara, 2010. "How well-rewarded is inter-firm mobility in the labour market for scientists and engineers? New evidence from the UK and France," Post-Print halshs-00505569, HAL.
- Depta, Peter & Ravalli, Frank & Harding, Don, 1994. "Extended Measures of Investment and Saving," MPRA Paper 3319, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsVulnerability; Socio-Economic Impact; Heterogeneity; Fishery; Offshore Wind Farm;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:197:y:2022:i:c:s0921800922001161. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.