Spatial planning of offshore wind farms: A windfall to marine environmental protection?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rolf Groeneveld & Carla Grashof-Bokdam & Ekko van Ierland, 2005. "Metapopulations in Agricultural Landscapes: A Spatially Explicit Trade-off Analysis," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(4), pages 527-547.
- Wolsink, Maarten, 2000. "Wind power and the NIMBY-myth: institutional capacity and the limited significance of public support," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 49-64.
- Lenzen, Manfred & Munksgaard, Jesper, 2002. "Energy and CO2 life-cycle analyses of wind turbines—review and applications," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 339-362.
- Ek, Kristina, 2005. "Public and private attitudes towards "green" electricity: the case of Swedish wind power," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(13), pages 1677-1689, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Börger, Tobias & Hattam, Caroline & Burdon, Daryl & Atkins, Jonathan P. & Austen, Melanie C., 2014. "Valuing conservation benefits of an offshore marine protected area," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 229-241.
- Ashley, M.C. & Mangi, S.C. & Rodwell, L.D., 2014. "The potential of offshore windfarms to act as marine protected areas – A systematic review of current evidence," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 301-309.
- Dai, Kaoshan & Bergot, Anthony & Liang, Chao & Xiang, Wei-Ning & Huang, Zhenhua, 2015. "Environmental issues associated with wind energy – A review," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 911-921.
- Vaissière, Anne-Charlotte & Levrel, Harold & Pioch, Sylvain & Carlier, Antoine, 2014. "Biodiversity offsets for offshore wind farm projects: The current situation in Europe," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 172-183.
- Mekonnen, Addisu D. & Gorsevski, Pece V., 2015. "A web-based participatory GIS (PGIS) for offshore wind farm suitability within Lake Erie, Ohio," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 162-177.
- repec:eee:appene:v:204:y:2017:i:c:p:846-865 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vanja WESTERBERG & Jette BREDAHL JACOBSEN & Robert LIFRAN, 2012. "The Multi-faceted Nature of Preferences for Offshore Wind Farm Siting," Working Papers 12-22, LAMETA, Universitiy of Montpellier, revised Jul 2012.
- Drechsler, Martin & Ohl, Cornelia & Meyerhoff, Jürgen & Eichhorn, Marcus & Monsees, Jan, 2011. "Combining spatial modeling and choice experiments for the optimal spatial allocation of wind turbines," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3845-3854, June.
- Alexander, Karen A. & Meyjes, Sophie A. & Heymans, Johanna J., 2016. "Spatial ecosystem modelling of marine renewable energy installations: Gauging the utility of Ecospace," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 331(C), pages 115-128.
- Lozano-Minguez, E. & Kolios, A.J. & Brennan, F.P., 2011. "Multi-criteria assessment of offshore wind turbine support structures," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 2831-2837.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:113:y:2018:i:c:p:53-67 is not listed on IDEAS
- Schillings, Christoph & Wanderer, Thomas & Cameron, Lachlan & van der Wal, Jan Tjalling & Jacquemin, Jerome & Veum, Karina, 2012. "A decision support system for assessing offshore wind energy potential in the North Sea," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 541-551.
- Kim, Taeyun & Park, Jeong-Il & Maeng, Junho, 2016. "Offshore wind farm site selection study around Jeju Island, South Korea," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 619-628.
- Wright, Glen & O’Hagan, Anne Marie & de Groot, Jiska & Leroy, Yannick & Soininen, Niko & Salcido, Rachael & Castelos, Montserrat Abad & Jude, Simon & Rochette, Julien & Kerr, Sandy, 2016. "Establishing a legal research agenda for ocean energy," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 126-134.
- José F. Herbert-Acero & Oliver Probst & Pierre-Elouan Réthoré & Gunner Chr. Larsen & Krystel K. Castillo-Villar, 2014. "A Review of Methodological Approaches for the Design and Optimization of Wind Farms," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(11), pages 1-87, October.
- repec:wsi:jeapmx:v:19:y:2017:i:01:n:s1464333217500053 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsWind energy Offshore wind farms Marine environmental protection;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:69:y:2009:i:1:p:93-103. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.