The contribution of the mining sector to sustainability in developing countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Benjamin, Nancy C. & Devarajan, Shantayanan & Weiner, Robert J., 1989. "The Dutch disease in a developing country : Oil reserves in Cameroon," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 71-92, January.
- World Commission on Environment and Development,, 1987. "Our Common Future," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780192820808.
- John M. Hartwick, 1978. "Substitution Among Exhaustible Resources and Intergenerational Equity," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 45(2), pages 347-354.
- Solow, Robert M, 1974. "The Economics of Resources or the Resources of Economics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(2), pages 1-14, May.
- Edwards, Sebastian, 1993. "Openness, Trade Liberalization, and Growth in Developing Countries," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(3), pages 1358-1393, September.
- Common, Mick & Perrings, Charles, 1992. "Towards an ecological economics of sustainability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 7-34, July.
- Sims, Christopher A, 1980. "Macroeconomics and Reality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(1), pages 1-48, January.
- Hartwick, John M, 1977.
"Intergenerational Equity and the Investing of Rents from Exhaustible Resources,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 67(5), pages 972-974, December.
- John Hartwick, 1976. "Intergenerational Equity and the Investing of Rents from Exhaustible Resources," Working Papers 220, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Adams, F. Gerard & Behrman, Jere R., 1981. "The linkage effects of raw material processing in economic development: A survey of modeling and other approaches," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 375-397, October.
- Pearce, David W. & Atkinson, Giles D., 1993. "Capital theory and the measurement of sustainable development: an indicator of "weak" sustainability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 103-108, October.
- Hartwick, John M., 1978.
"Investing returns from depleting renewable resource stocks and intergenerational equity,"
Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 85-88.
- John M. Hartwick, 1978. "Investing Returns from Depleting Renewable Resource Stocks and Intergenerational Equity," Working Papers 294, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Ricardo Lira, 1980. "The Impact of Copper in the Chilean Economy," NBER Chapters,in: Commodity Markets and Latin American Development -- A Modeling Approach, pages 185-210 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yu, Jing & Zhang, Zhongjun & Zhou, Yifan, 2008. "The sustainability of China's major mining cities," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 12-22, March.
- Urkidi, Leire, 2010. "A glocal environmental movement against gold mining: Pascua-Lama in Chile," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 219-227, December.
- Hall, Andrew & Scott, John Ashley & Shang, Helen, 2011. "Geothermal energy recovery from underground mines," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 916-924, February.
- Sinha, Suranjan & Bhattacharya, Rabindra N. & Banerjee, Rajasree, 2007. "Surface iron ore mining in eastern India and local level sustainability," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-2), pages 57-68.
- Santopietro, George D., 1998. "Alternative methods for estimating resource rent and depletion cost: the case of Argentina's YPF," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 39-48, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:13:y:1995:i:1:p:53-63. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.