New evidence on the impact of financial leverage on beta risk: A time-series approach
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 13 (2002)
Issue (Month): 1 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620163|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thompson, Donald J, II, 1976. "Sources of Systematic Risk in Common Stocks," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 49(2), pages 173-188, April.
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-370, March.
- Bartov, Eli & Bodnar, Gordon M. & Kaul, Aditya, 1996.
"Exchange rate variability and the riskiness of U.S. multinational firms: Evidence from the breakdown of the Bretton Woods system,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 105-132, September.
- Eli Bartov & Gordon M. Bodnar & Aditya Kaul, 1995. "Exchange Rate Variability and the Riskiness of U.S. Multinational Firms:Evidence from the Breakdown of the Bretton Woods System," NBER Working Papers 5323, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christie, Andrew A., 1982. "The stochastic behavior of common stock variances : Value, leverage and interest rate effects," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 407-432, December.
- Breen, William J & Lerner, Eugene M, 1973. "Corporate Financial Strategies and Market Measures of Risk and Return," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 28(2), pages 339-351, May.
- Denis, David J & Kadlec, Gregory B, 1994. " Corporate Events, Trading Activity, and the Estimation of Systematic Risk: Evidence from Equity Offerings and Share Repurchases," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(5), pages 1787-1811, December.
- Melicher, Ronald W., 1974. "Financial Factors Which Influence Beta Variations within an Homogeneous Industry Environment," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(02), pages 231-241, March.
- Mandelker, Gershon N. & Rhee, S. Ghon, 1984. "The Impact of the Degrees of Operating and Financial Leverage on Systematic Risk of Common Stock," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(01), pages 45-57, March.
- Glosten, Lawrence R & Jagannathan, Ravi & Runkle, David E, 1993. " On the Relation between the Expected Value and the Volatility of the Nominal Excess Return on Stocks," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1779-1801, December.
- Lawrence R. Glosten & Ravi Jagannathan & David E. Runkle, 1993. "On the relation between the expected value and the volatility of the nominal excess return on stocks," Staff Report 157, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Miller, Merton H, 1977. "Debt and Taxes," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(2), pages 261-275, May.
- Conine, Thomas E, Jr, 1980. " Corporate Debt and Corporate Taxes: An Extension," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 35(4), pages 1033-1037, September.
- Engle, Robert F & Ng, Victor K, 1993. " Measuring and Testing the Impact of News on Volatility," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1749-1778, December.
- Robert F. Engle & Victor K. Ng, 1991. "Measuring and Testing the Impact of News on Volatility," NBER Working Papers 3681, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Douglas T. Breeden & Michael R Gibbons & Robert H. Litzenberger, "undated". "Empirical Tests of the Consumption-Oriented CAPM," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 7-89, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- DeJong, Douglas V. & Collins, Daniel W., 1985. "Explanations for the Instability of Equity Beta: Risk-Free Rate Changes and Leverage Effects," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(01), pages 73-94, March.
- Bhandari, Laxmi Chand, 1988. " Debt/Equity Ratio and Expected Common Stock Returns: Empirical Evidence," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(2), pages 507-528, June.
- Darrat, Ali F. & Mukherjee, Tarun K., 1995. "Inter-industry differences and the impact of operating and financial leverages on equity risk," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 141-155. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)