Until when does the effect of age on academic achievement persist? Evidence from Korean data
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Changhui Kang & Cheolsung Park & Myoung-Jae Lee, 2007. "Effects of ability mixing in high school on adulthood earnings: quasiexperimental evidence from South Korea," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 20(2), pages 269-297, April.
- Elizabeth U. Cascio & Diane Whitmore Schanzenbach, 2016.
"First in the Class? Age and the Education Production Function,"
Education Finance and Policy,
MIT Press, vol. 11(3), pages 225-250, Summer.
- Elizabeth Cascio & Diane Whitmore Schanzenbach, 2007. "First in the Class? Age and the Education Production Function," NBER Working Papers 13663, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fredriksson, Peter & Öckert, Björn, 2005.
"Is Early Learning Really More Productive? The Effect of School Starting Age on School and Labor Market Performance,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1659, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Fredriksson, Peter & Öckert, Björn, 2006. "Is early learning really more productive? The effect of school starting age on school and labor market performance," Working Paper Series 2006:12, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Maani, Sholeh A. & Kalb, Guyonne, 2007. "Academic performance, childhood economic resources, and the choice to leave school at age 16," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 361-374, June.
- Dhuey, Elizabeth & Lipscomb, Stephen, 2008. "What makes a leader? Relative age and high school leadership," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 173-183, April.
- Patrick Puhani & Andrea Weber, 2007. "Does the early bird catch the worm?," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 359-386, May.
- Sandra E. Black & Paul J. Devereux & Kjell G. Salvanes, 2011.
"Too Young to Leave the Nest? The Effects of School Starting Age,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 93(2), pages 455-467, May.
- Paul J. Devereux & Sandra E. Black & Kjell G. Salvanes, 2008. "Too young to leave the nest? The effects of school starting age," Open Access publications 10197/737, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Sandra E. Black & Paul J. Devereux & Kjell G. Salvanes, 2008. "Too Young to Leave the Nest: The Effects of School Starting Age," NBER Working Papers 13969, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Black, Sandra E. & Devereux, Paul J. & Salvanes, Kjell G., 2008. "Too Young to Leave the Nest? The Effects of School Starting Age," IZA Discussion Papers 3452, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dobkin, Carlos & Ferreira, Fernando, 2010.
"Do school entry laws affect educational attainment and labor market outcomes?,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 40-54, February.
- Carlos Dobkin & Fernando Ferreira, 2009. "Do School Entry Laws Affect Educational Attainment and Labor Market Outcomes?," NBER Working Papers 14945, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kelly Bedard & Elizabeth Dhuey, 2006. "The Persistence of Early Childhood Maturity: International Evidence of Long-Run Age Effects," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 121(4), pages 1437-1472.
- Kim, Taejong & Lee, Ju-Ho & Lee, Young, 2008. "Mixing versus sorting in schooling: Evidence from the equalization policy in South Korea," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 697-711, December.
- Patrick J. McEwan & Joseph S. Shapiro, 2008. "The Benefits of Delayed Primary School Enrollment: Discontinuity Estimates Using Exact Birth Dates," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 43(1).
- Todd E. Elder & Darren H. Lubotsky, 2009. "Kindergarten Entrance Age and Children’s Achievement: Impacts of State Policies, Family Background, and Peers," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 44(3).
- Datar, Ashlesha, 2006. "Does delaying kindergarten entrance give children a head start?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 43-62, February.
- Mühlenweg, Andrea & Blomeyer, Dorothea & Stichnoth, Holger & Laucht, Manfred, 2012.
"Effects of age at school entry (ASE) on the development of non-cognitive skills: Evidence from psychometric data,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 68-76.
- Mühlenweg, Andrea M. & Blomeyer, Dorothea & Laucht, Manfred, 2011. "Effects of age at school entry (ASE) on the development of non-cognitive skills: Evidence from psychometric data," ZEW Discussion Papers 11-017, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Andrea M. Mühlenweg & Patrick A. Puhani, 2010. "The Evolution of the School-Entry Age Effect in a School Tracking System," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 45(2).
- Ermisch, John & Francesconi, Marco, 2001. "Family Matters: Impacts of Family Background on Educational Attainments," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 68(270), pages 137-156, May.
- Kawaguchi, Daiji, 2011. "Actual age at school entry, educational outcomes, and earnings," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 64-80, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Abdulmumini Baba Alfa & Abdulmumini Baba Alfa & Mohd Zaini Abd Karim, 2016. "Student Enthusiasm as a Key Determinant of their Performance," International Review of Management and Marketing, Econjournals, vol. 6(2), pages 237-245.
- Martins, Luis & Pereira, Manuel C, 2017. "Disentangling the channels from birthdate to educational attainment," MPRA Paper 80607, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 04 Aug 2017.
- Herbst, Mikołaj & Strawiński, Paweł, 2016.
"Early effects of an early start: Evidence from lowering the school starting age in Poland,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 256-271.
- Herbst, Mikołaj & Strawiński, Paweł, 2015. "Early effects of an early start: Evidence from lowering the school starting age in Poland," MPRA Paper 67585, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Peña, Pablo A., 2017. "Creating winners and losers: Date of birth, relative age in school, and outcomes in childhood and adulthood," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 152-176.
More about this item
KeywordsSchool entry age; Relative age effect; Academic achievement; Instrument variable;
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- C26 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Instrumental Variables (IV) Estimation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecoedu:v:40:y:2014:i:c:p:106-122. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.