The effects of alcohol use on academic achievement in high school
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jeremy W. Bray & Gary A. Zarkin & Chris Ringwalt & Junfeng Qi, 2000. "The relationship between marijuana initiation and dropping out of high school," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(1), pages 9-18.
- Jeremy W. Bray, 2005. "Alcohol Use, Human Capital, and Wages," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 23(2), pages 279-312, April.
- Tetsuji Yamada & Michael Kendix & Tadashi Yamada, 1993. "The Impact of Alcohol Consumption and Marijuana Use on High School Graduation," NBER Working Papers 4497, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ana Isabel Gil & Jose Alberto Molina, 2007. "Human development and alcohol abuse in adolescence," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(10), pages 1315-1323.
- Francesco Renna, 2007. "The economic cost of teen drinking: late graduation and lowered earnings," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(4), pages 407-419.
- Chatterji, Pinka, 2006. "Does alcohol use during high school affect educational attainment?: Evidence from the National Education Longitudinal Study," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 482-497, October.
- Jenny Williams & Lisa Powell & Henry Wechsler, 2003. "Does alcohol consumption reduce human capital accumulation? Evidence from the College Alcohol Study," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(10), pages 1227-1239.
- Cook, Philip J. & Moore, Michael J., 1993. "Drinking and schooling," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 411-429, December.
- Amy M. Wolaver, 2002. "Effects Of Heavy Drinking In College On Study Effort, Grade Point Average, And Major Choice," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 20(4), pages 415-428, October.
- Steven F. Koch & Kerry Anne McGeary, 2005. "The Effect of Youth Alcohol Initiation on High School Completion," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 43(4), pages 750-765, October.
- SF Koch & DC Ribar, 2001. "A Siblings Analysis Of The Effects Of Alcohol Consumption Onset On Educational Attainment," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 19(2), pages 162-174, April.
- Thomas S. Dee & William N. Evans, 2003. "Teen Drinking and Educational Attainment: Evidence from Two-Sample Instrumental Variables Estimates," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(1), pages 178-209, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cowan, Benjamin W. & White, Dustin R., 2015.
"The effects of merit-based financial aid on drinking in college,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 137-149.
- Benjamin W. Cowan & Dustin R. White, 2014. "The Effects of Merit-Based Financial Aid on Drinking in College," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 346, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Yörük, Barış K., 2014.
"Can technology help to reduce underage drinking? Evidence from the false ID laws with scanner provision,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 33-46.
- Baris Yoruk, 2013. "Can technology help to reduce underage drinking? Evidence from the false ID laws with scanner provision," Discussion Papers 13-04, University at Albany, SUNY, Department of Economics.
- Wang, Kurt & Sabia, Joseph J. & Cesur, Resul, 2016. "Sleepwalking through School: New Evidence on Sleep and Academic Performance," IZA Discussion Papers 9829, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Baert, Stijn & Omey, Eddy & Verhaest, Dieter & Vermeir, Aurélie, 2015.
"Mister Sandman, bring me good marks! On the relationship between sleep quality and academic achievement,"
Social Science & Medicine,
Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 91-98.
- Baert, Stijn & Omey, Eddy & Verhaest, Dieter & Vermeir, Aurélie, 2014. "Mister Sandman, Bring Me Good Marks! On the Relationship Between Sleep Quality and Academic Achievement," IZA Discussion Papers 8232, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- BARONE, Adriana & NESE, Annamaria, 2017. "Investment in Education, Obesity and Health Behaviours," CELPE Discussion Papers 146, CELPE - Centre of Labour Economics and Economic Policy, University of Salerno, Italy.
- repec:bla:coecpo:v:35:y:2017:i:2:p:331-344 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ehbiol:v:28:y:2018:i:c:p:132-145 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bpj:bejeap:v:17:y:2017:i:3:p:21:n:8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sarah Grace See, 2016.
"Parental supervision and adolescent risky behaviors,"
Review of Economics of the Household,
Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 185-206, March.
- Sarah See, 2016. "Parental supervision and adolescent risky behaviors," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 185-206, March.
- Mangiavacchi, Lucia & Piccoli, Luca, 2018.
"Parental alcohol consumption and adult children's educational attainment,"
Economics & Human Biology,
Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 132-145.
- Lucia Mangiavacchi & Luca Piccoli, 2016. "Parental Alcohol Consumption and Adult Children's Educational Attainment," DEA Working Papers 79, Universitat de les Illes Balears, Departament d'Economía Aplicada.
- Yörük Barış K., 2017.
"Health Insurance Coverage and Risky Health Behaviors among Young Adults,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 17(3), pages 1-21, July.
- Baris K. Yörük, 2015. "Health Insurance Coverage and Risky Health Behaviors Among Young Adults," CESifo Working Paper Series 5495, CESifo Group Munich.
- Sarah Grace See, 2013. "The Riskiest of Them All: Parental Supervision and Adolescent Behaviors," CHILD Working Papers Series 21, Centre for Household, Income, Labour and Demographic Economics (CHILD) - CCA.
More about this item
KeywordsAlcohol Academic achievement Education Adolescents GPA;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecoedu:v:30:y:2011:i:1:p:1-15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.