The effect of endogenous health inputs on the relationship between health and education
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Heckman, James & Singer, Burton, 1984. "A Method for Minimizing the Impact of Distributional Assumptions in Econometric Models for Duration Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(2), pages 271-320, March.
- Michael Grossman, 1972. "The Demand for Health: A Theoretical and Empirical Investigation," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number gros72-1.
- Robert A. Shakotko & Michael Grossman, 1982. "Physical Disabilities and Post-secondary Educational Choices," NBER Chapters,in: Economic Aspects of Health, pages 185-202 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Donna B. Gilleskie, 1998. "A Dynamic Stochastic Model of Medical Care Use and Work Absence," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 66(1), pages 1-46, January.
- John Bound, 1991. "Self-Reported Versus Objective Measures of Health in Retirement Models," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 26(1), pages 106-138.
- Michael Grossman, 1976. "The Correlation between Health and Schooling," NBER Chapters,in: Household Production and Consumption, pages 147-224 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Perri, Timothy J., 1984. "Health status and schooling decisions of young men," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 207-213, June.
- Heffley, Dennis R., 1982. "Allocating health expenditures to treatment and prevention," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 265-290, December.
- Kenkel, Donald S, 1991. "Health Behavior, Health Knowledge, and Schooling," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(2), pages 287-305, April.
- Kenkel, D.S., 1989. "Should You Eat Breakfast? Estimates From Health Production Functions," Papers 9-90-8, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Farrell, Phillip & Fuchs, Victor R. & Fuchs, Victor R., 1982. "Schooling and health : The cigarette connection," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 217-230, December.
- Viscusi, W Kip & Evans, William N, 1990. "Utility Functions That Depend on Health Status: Estimates and Economic Implications," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(3), pages 353-374, June.
- Jere R. Behrman & Barbara L. Wolfe, 1989. "Does More Schooling Make Women Better Nourished and Healthier? Adult Sibling Random and Fixed Effects Estimates for Nicaragua," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 24(4), pages 644-663.
- Victor R. Fuchs, 1982. "Time Preference and Health: An Exploratory Study," NBER Chapters,in: Economic Aspects of Health, pages 93-120 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hey, John D. & Patel, Mahesh S., 1983. "Prevention and cure? : Or: Is an ounce of prevention worth a pound of cure?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 119-138, August.
- Mark C. Berger & J. Paul Leigh, 1989. "Schooling, Self-Selection, and Health," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 24(3), pages 433-455.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R & Schultz, T Paul, 1983. "Estimating a Household Production Function: Heterogeneity, the Demand for Health Inputs, and Their Effects on Birth Weight," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(5), pages 723-746, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aysit Tansel & Halil Ibrahim Keskin, 2017.
"Education Effects on Days Hospitalized and Days out of Work by Gender: Evidence from Turkey,"
Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers
1721, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Tansel, Aysit & Keskin, Halil Ibrahim, 2017. "Education Effects on Days Hospitalized and Days Out of Work by Gender: Evidence from Turkey," MPRA Paper 83227, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tansel, Aysit & Keskin, Halil Ibrahim, 2017. "Education effects on days hospitalized and days out of work by gender: Evidence from Turkey," GLO Discussion Paper Series 156, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Aysit Tansel & Halil Ibrahim Keskin, 2017. "Education Effects On Days Hospitalized And Days Out Of Work By Gender: Evidence From Turkey," ERC Working Papers 1715, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Dec 2017.
- Tansel, Aysit & Keskin, Halil Ibrahim, 2017. "Education Effects on Days Hospitalized and Days out of Work by Gender: Evidence from Turkey," IZA Discussion Papers 11210, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Aysit Tansel & Halil Ibrahim Keskin, 2017. "Education Effects On Days Hospitalized And Days Out Of Work By Gender: Evidence From Turkey," Working Papers 2017/7, Turkish Economic Association.
- Becchetti, Leonardo & Conzo, Pierluigi & Pisani, Fabio, 2014.
"Education, health and subjective wellbeing in Europe,"
AICCON Working Papers
138-2014, Associazione Italiana per la Cultura della Cooperazione e del Non Profit.
- Leonardo, Bechetti & Conzo, Pierluigi & Pisani, Fabio, 2015. "Education, Health and Subjective Wellbeing in Europe," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201512, University of Turin.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Pierluigi Conzo & Fabio Pisani, 2015. "Education, Health and Subjective Wellbeing in Europe," CEIS Research Paper 341, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 17 Apr 2015.
- repec:pri:cheawb:llerasmuney1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dismuke, Clara E. & Kunz, F. Jr, 2004. "Disentangling the effect of education on emergency department utilization," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 633-643, December.
- Brit S. Schneider & Udo Schneider, 2009. "Determinants and Consequences of Health Behaviour: New Evidence from German Micro Data," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 253, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Kathryn H. Anderson & James E. Foster & David E. Frisvold, 2010.
"Investing In Health: The Long-Term Impact Of Head Start On Smoking,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 48(3), pages 587-602, July.
- James E. Foster & Kathryn H. Anderson & David E. Frisvold, 2008. "Investing in Health: The Long-Term Impact of Head Start on Smoking," Working Papers 2010-25, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- Kathryn Anderson & James Foster & David Frisvold, 2004. "Investing in Health: The Long-Term Impact of Head Start," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0426, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- David M. Blau & Donna B. Gilleskie, 2008.
"The Role Of Retiree Health Insurance In The Employment Behavior Of Older Men,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 49(2), pages 475-514, May.
- David M. Blau & Donna B. Gilleskie, 2003. "The Role of Retiree Health Insurance in the Employment Behavior of Older Men," NBER Working Papers 10100, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grossman, Michael, 2006. "Education and Nonmarket Outcomes," Handbook of the Economics of Education, Elsevier.
- Jane E. Ruseski & Brad R. Humphreys, 2011. "Participation in Physical Activity and Health Outcomes: Evidence from the Canadian Community Health Survey," Chapters,in: The Economics of Sport, Health and Happiness, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Groot, Wim & Maassen van den Brink, Henriette, 2007. "The health effects of education," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 186-200, April.
- Mazzocchi, Mario & Irz, Xavier & Modugno, Lucia & Traill, W. Bruce, 2015. "Too late to get healthy? A behavioural analysis of the diet-health relationship in the older Italian population," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 229070, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Mariachiara Di Cesare & Ricardo Sabates, 2013. "Access to antenatal care and children’s cognitive development: a comparative analysis in Ethiopia, Peru, Vietnam and India," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 58(3), pages 459-467, June.
- Unto Häkkinen & Marjo-Riitta Järvelin & Gunnar Rosenqvist & Jaana Laitinen, 2006. "Health, schooling and lifestyle among young adults in Finland," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(11), pages 1201-1216.
- V. Albouy & L. Lequien, 2007. "Education and health," Documents de Travail de la DESE - Working Papers of the DESE g2007-02, Institut National de la Statistique et des Etudes Economiques, DESE.
- Grignon, Michel, 2008. "The role of education in health system performance," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 299-307, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecoedu:v:17:y:1998:i:3:p:279-295. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.