Engel curves and price elasticity in urban Chinese Households
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kazuo Ogawa, 2011.
"Why Are Concavity Conditions Not Satisfied in the Cost Function? The Case of Japanese Manufacturing Firms during the Bubble Period,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 73(4), pages 556-580, August.
- Kazuo Ogawa, 2008. "Why Are Concavity Conditions Not Satisfied in the Cost Function? The Case of Japanese Manufacturing Firms during the Bubble Period," ISER Discussion Paper 0719, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Arthur Lewbel & Krishna Pendakur, 2009. "Tricks with Hicks: The EASI Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(3), pages 827-863, June.
- Terrell, Dek, 1996. "Incorporating Monotonicity and Concavity Conditions in Flexible Functional Forms," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(2), pages 179-194, March-Apr.
- Brown, Bryan W & Walker, Mary Beth, 1989. "The Random Utility Hypothesis and Inference in Demand Systems," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(4), pages 815-829, July.
- Richard Blundell & Xiaohong Chen & Dennis Kristensen, 2007. "Semi-Nonparametric IV Estimation of Shape-Invariant Engel Curves," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 75(6), pages 1613-1669, November.
- Guang Wan, 1996. "Using panel data to estimate Engel functions: food consumption in China," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(9), pages 621-624.
- Arthur Lewbel, 2001. "Demand Systems with and without Errors," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(3), pages 611-618, June.
- Ankita Mishra & Ranjan Ray, 2014.
"Spatial Variation in Prices and Expenditure Inequalities in Australia,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 90(289), pages 137-159, June.
- Ankita Mishra & Ranjan Ray, 2013. "Spatial Variation in Prices and Expenditure Inequalities in Australia," Monash Economics Working Papers 34-13, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- James Banks & Richard Blundell & Arthur Lewbel, 1997. "Quadratic Engel Curves And Consumer Demand," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 79(4), pages 527-539, November.
- Cui, Yuling & Nahm, Daehoon & Tani, Massimiliano, 2013. "Earnings Differentials and Returns to Education in China, 1995-2008," IZA Discussion Papers 7349, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sam Norris & Krishna Pendakur, 2013.
"Imputing rent in consumption measures, with an application to consumption poverty in Canada, 1997-2009,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 46(4), pages 1537-1570, November.
- Krishna Pendakur & Sam Norris, 2012. "Imputing Rent in Consumption Measures, with an Application to Consumption Poverty in Canada 1997-2009," Discussion Papers dp12-12, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University.
- Ryan, David L. & Wales, Terence J., 2000. "Imposing local concavity in the translog and generalized Leontief cost functions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 253-260, June.
- Paul Blacklow & Aaron Nicholas & Ranjan Ray, 2010.
"Demographic Demand Systems With Application To Equivalence Scales Estimation And Inequality Analysis: The Australian Evidence,"
Australian Economic Papers,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(3), pages 161-179, September.
- Blacklow, Paul & Nicholas, Aaron & Ray, Ranjan, 2008. "Demographic demand systems with application to equivalence scales estimation and inequality analysis: the Australian evidence," Working Papers 9289, University of Tasmania, Tasmanian School of Business and Economics, revised 01 Dec 2008.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-326, June.
- Richard Blundell & Alan Duncan & Krishna Pendakur, 1998. "Semiparametric estimation and consumer demand," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(5), pages 435-461.
- Dominitz, Jeff & Sherman, Robert P., 2005. "Some Convergence Theory For Iterative Estimation Procedures With An Application To Semiparametric Estimation," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(04), pages 838-863, August.
- de Ree, Joppe & Alessie, Rob & Pradhan, Menno, 2013. "The price and utility dependence of equivalence scales: Evidence from Indonesia," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 272-281.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
KeywordsEngel curves; Price elasticity; Demand system; Chinese urban household;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecmode:v:44:y:2015:i:c:p:236-242. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30411 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.