The EASI Demand System : Evidence from China Household
We have applied the Exact Affine Stone Index(EASI) implicit Marshallian demand system ,invented by Lewbel and Pendakur (2009),and iterate three stage least squares to analysis Chinese household consumer demand in urban area.Our results show a demand system rank to equal five support the conclusion of Lewbel and Pendakur(2009), and the applicability of the model with or without interaction terms. Heterogeneity demographic characteristics and price effect Chinese household consumer demand system in urban area. From 1995 to 2007, the ratio of food and transportation-communication in total expenditure decrease ,and other expenditure ratio increase.
|Date of creation:||18 Jul 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arthur Lewbel, 2000.
"A Rational Rank Four Demand System,"
Boston College Working Papers in Economics
463, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 04 Apr 2003.
- Cui, Yuling & Nahm, Daehoon & Tani, Massimiliano, 2013. "Earnings Differentials and Returns to Education in China, 1995-2008," IZA Discussion Papers 7349, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ryan, David L. & Wales, Terence J., 2000. "Imposing local concavity in the translog and generalized Leontief cost functions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 253-260, June.
- Kuo S. Huang Fred Gale, 2009. "Food demand in China: income, quality, and nutrient effects," China Agricultural Economic Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 1(4), pages 395-409, August.
- Diewert, Walter E & Wales, Terence J, 1987.
"Flexible Functional Forms and Global Curvature Conditions,"
Econometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 43-68, January.
- W. Erwin Diewert & T.J. Wales, 1989. "Flexible Functional Forms and Global Curvature Conditions," NBER Technical Working Papers 0040, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wolfgang HÄRDLE & Michael JERISON, 1991.
"Cross section Engel Curves over Time,"
Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain)
1991045, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Haerdle,Wolfgang Jerison,Michael, 1988. "Cross section Engel curves over time," Discussion Paper Serie A 160, University of Bonn, Germany.
- HÄRDLE, Wolfgang & JERISON, Michael, . "Cross section Engel curves over time," CORE Discussion Papers RP -991, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Hardle, W. & Jerison, M., 1990. "Cross section Engel curves over time," CORE Discussion Papers 1990016, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- X.M. Gao & Eric J. Wailes & Gail L. Cramer, 1996. "A Two-Stage Rural Household Demand Analysis: Microdata Evidence from Jiangsu Province, China," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(3), pages 604-613.
- Brown, Bryan W & Walker, Mary Beth, 1989. "The Random Utility Hypothesis and Inference in Demand Systems," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(4), pages 815-29, July.
- Richard Blundell & Alan Duncan & Krishna Pendakur, 1998. "Semiparametric estimation and consumer demand," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(5), pages 435-461.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:48435. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.