The impact of the Indonesian income tax reform: A CGE analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stokey, Nancy L & Rebelo, Sergio, 1995. "Growth Effects of Flat-Rate Taxes," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(3), pages 519-550, June.
- Easterly, William & Rebelo, Sergio, 1993.
"Marginal income tax rates and economic growth in developing countries,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 409-417, April.
- Easterly, William & Rebelo, Sergio, 1992. "Marginal income tax rates and economic growth in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1050, The World Bank.
- Ravallion, Martin & Chen, Shaohua, 1997.
"What Can New Survey Data Tell Us about Recent Changes in Distribution and Poverty?,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 11(2), pages 357-382, May.
- Ravallion, Martin & Shaohua Chen, 1996. "What can new survey data tell us about recent changes in distribution and poverty?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1694, The World Bank.
- Eric M. Engen & Jonathan Skinner, 1996. "Taxation and Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 5826, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ikhsan, Mohamad & Trialdi, Ledi & Syahrial, Syarif, 2005. "Indonesia's new tax reform: Potential and direction," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 1029-1046, December.
- World Bank, 2006. "Making the New Indonesia Work for the Poor," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8172, The World Bank.
- Dollar, David & Kraay, Aart, 2002. "Growth Is Good for the Poor," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 195-225, September.
- Ravallion, Martin, 1997.
"Can high-inequality developing countries escape absolute poverty?,"
Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 51-57, September.
- Ravallion, Martin, 1997. "Can high-inequality developing countries escape absolute poverty?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1775, The World Bank.
- J. A. Mirrlees, 1971. "An Exploration in the Theory of Optimum Income Taxation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(2), pages 175-208.
- Goulder, Lawrence H. & Summers, Lawrence H., 1989.
"Tax policy, asset prices, and growth : A general equilibrium analysis,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 265-296, April.
- Lawrence H. Goulder & Lawrence H. Summers, 1987. "Tax Policy, Asset Prices, and Growth: A General Equilibrium Analysis," NBER Working Papers 2128, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mendoza, Enrique G. & Razin, Assaf & Tesar, Linda L., 1994.
"Effective tax rates in macroeconomics: Cross-country estimates of tax rates on factor incomes and consumption,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 297-323, December.
- Enrique G. Mendoza & Assaf Razin & Linda L. Tesar, 1994. "Effective Tax Rates in Macroeconomics: Cross-Country Estimates of Tax Rates on Factor Incomes and Consumption," NBER Working Papers 4864, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Norman Gemmell, 1988. "Tax systems, tax revenue and growth in LDCs: A review of empirical evidence," Intereconomics: Review of European Economic Policy, Springer;German National Library of Economics;Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS), vol. 23(2), pages 84-90, March.
- Essama-Nssah, B., 2005. "A unified framework for pro-poor growth analysis," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 89(2), pages 216-221, November.
- Engen, Eric M. & Skinner, Jonathan, 1996. "Taxation and Economic Growth," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 49(4), pages 617-642, December.
- Auerbach, Alan J., 1996. "Measuring the Impact of Tax Reform," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 49(4), pages 665-673, December.
- Ravallion, Martin, 2001.
"Growth, Inequality and Poverty: Looking Beyond Averages,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(11), pages 1803-1815, November.
- Ravallion, Martin, 2001. "Growth, inequality, and poverty : looking beyond averages," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2558, The World Bank.
- Persson, Torsten & Tabellini, Guido, 1994. "Is Inequality Harmful for Growth?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(3), pages 600-621, June.
- Nasution, Anwar, 2002. "The Indonesian economic recovery from the crisis in 1997-1998," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 157-180.
- David Martimort, 2001. "Optimal Taxation and Strategic Budget Deficit Under Political Regime Switching," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 68(3), pages 573-592.
- Son, Hyun Hwa, 2004. "A note on pro-poor growth," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 307-314, March.
- John Brondolo & Frank Bosch & Eric Le Borgne & Carlos Silvani, 2008. "Tax Administration Reform and Fiscal Adjustment; The Case of Indonesia (2001-07)," IMF Working Papers 08/129, International Monetary Fund.
- Lee, Young & Gordon, Roger H., 2005. "Tax structure and economic growth," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(5-6), pages 1027-1043, June.
- Samuelson, P. A., 1986. "Theory of optimal taxation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 137-143, July.
- Auerbach, Alan J., 1996. "Measuring the Impact of Tax Reform," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 49(4), pages 665-73, December.
- Sandmo, Agnar, 1976. "Optimal taxation : An introduction to the literature," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1-2), pages 37-54.
- Feldstein, Martin, 1973. "On the optimal progressivity of the income tax," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 357-376.
- Arief Anshory Yusuf & Djoni Hartono & Wawan Hermawan & Yayan, 2008. "AGEFIS:Applied General Equilibrium for FIScal Policy Analysis," Working Papers in Economics and Development Studies (WoPEDS) 200807, Department of Economics, Padjadjaran University, revised Oct 2008.
- Kraay, Aart, 2006. "When is growth pro-poor? Evidence from a panel of countries," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 198-227, June.
- Son, Hyun H. & Kakwani, Nanak, 2008. "Global Estimates of Pro-Poor Growth," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1048-1066, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Amir, Hidayat & Hewings, Geoffrey J.D., 2013. "Distributional Welfare Impact of the 2013 Adjustment of Tax-Free Income Threshold in Indonesia: A CGE Simulation," MPRA Paper 68571, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Amir, Hidayat, 2013. "Economic Impact Analysis of the 2012 Indonesia Mineral-Export Tax Policy: A CGE Approach," MPRA Paper 62669, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Herbert W. V. Hasudungan & Sulthon S. Sabaruddin, 2016. "The Impact of Fiscal Reform on Indonesian Macroeconomy: A CGE Framework," Central European Journal of Economic Modelling and Econometrics, CEJEME, vol. 8(3), pages 181-202, September.
- Mahadevan, Renuka & Nugroho, Anda & Amir, Hidayat, 2017. "Do inward looking trade policies affect poverty and income inequality? Evidence from Indonesia's recent wave of rising protectionism," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 23-34.
- Cecilia Llambi & Silvia Laens & Marcelo Perera, 2016. "Assessing the Impacts of a Major Tax Reform: a CGE-microsimulation analysis for Uruguay," International Journal of Microsimulation, International Microsimulation Association, vol. 9(1), pages 134-166.
- repec:eee:retrec:v:61:y:2017:i:c:p:44-55 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jacobsen, Lars-Bo & Nielsen, Max & Nielsen, Rasmus, 2016. "Gains of integrating sector-wise pollution regulation: The case of nitrogen in Danish crop production and aquaculture," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 129(C), pages 172-181.
- I Made Sudarma, 2017. "Does Voluntary Tax Compliance Increase After Granting Tax Amnesty?," GATR Journals afr138, Global Academy of Training and Research (GATR) Enterprise.
- Amir, Hidayat & Nugroho, Anda, 2013. "Development of Web-Based CGE Model for Tax Policy Analysis," MPRA Paper 66300, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsIndonesia; Tax reform; Economic growth; Poverty; CGE analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecmode:v:31:y:2013:i:c:p:492-501. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30411 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.