Impact of reorganization announcements on distressed-stock returns
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1992. " The Cross-Section of Expected Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 427-465, June.
- Lakonishok, Josef & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1994.
" Contrarian Investment, Extrapolation, and Risk,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 49(5), pages 1541-1578, December.
- Josef Lakonishok & Robert W. Vishny & Andrei Shleifer, 1993. "Contrarian Investment, Extrapolation, and Risk," NBER Working Papers 4360, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Josef Lakonishok & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1993. "Contrarian Investment, Extrapolation, and Risk," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 84, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Scholes, Myron & Williams, Joseph, 1977. "Estimating betas from nonsynchronous data," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 309-327, December.
- Andrew W. Lo, A. Craig MacKinlay, 1988.
"Stock Market Prices do not Follow Random Walks: Evidence from a Simple Specification Test,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 1(1), pages 41-66.
- Andrew W. Lo & A. Craig MacKinlay, 1987. "Stock Market Prices Do Not Follow Random Walks: Evidence From a Simple Specification Test," NBER Working Papers 2168, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Iqbal, Zahid, 2002. "The effects of bankruptcy filings on the competitors' earnings," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 85-99, April.
- Cochran, Bruce & Rose, Lawrence C. & Fraser, Donald R., 1995. "A market evaluation of FDIC assisted transactions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 261-279, May.
- Indro, Daniel C. & Leach, Robert T. & Lee, Wayne Y., 1999. "Sources of gains to shareholders from bankruptcy resolution," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 21-47, January.
- Chandra, Ramesh & Rohrbach, Kermit & Willinger, G Lee, 1995. "A Comparison of the Power of Parametric and Nonparametric Tests of Location Shift for Event Studies," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 30(4), pages 685-710, November.
- Morse, Dale & Shaw, Wayne, 1988. " Investing in Bankrupt Firms," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(5), pages 1193-1206, December.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1985. "Using daily stock returns : The case of event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-31, March.
- Kose John, 1993. "Managing Financial Distress and Valuing Distressed Securities: A Survey and a Research Agenda," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 22(3), Fall.
- Peter M. Guadagni & John D. C. Little, 1983. "A Logit Model of Brand Choice Calibrated on Scanner Data," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 2(3), pages 203-238.
- Sadka, Ronnie, 2006. "Momentum and post-earnings-announcement drift anomalies: The role of liquidity risk," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 309-349, May.
- Leung, Mark T. & Daouk, Hazem & Chen, An-Sing, 2000. "Forecasting stock indices: a comparison of classification and level estimation models," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 173-190.
- Callen, Jeffrey L. & Kwan, Clarence C. Y. & Yip, Patrick C. Y. & Yuan, Yufei, 1996. "Neural network forecasting of quarterly accounting earnings," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 475-482, December.
- Gishan Dissanaike, 2002. "Does the Size Effect Explain the UK Winner-Loser Effect?," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(1&2), pages 139-154.
- Corrado, Charles J. & Zivney, Terry L., 1992. "The Specification and Power of the Sign Test in Event Study Hypothesis Tests Using Daily Stock Returns," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(03), pages 465-478, September.
- Erwin, Gayle R & Miller, James M, 1998. "The Intra-industry Effects of Open Market Share Repurchases: Contagion or Competitive?," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 21(4), pages 389-406, Winter.
- Maureen O'Hara, 2003. "Presidential Address: Liquidity and Price Discovery," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 58(4), pages 1335-1354, August.
- Gilson, Stuart C. & John, Kose & Lang, Larry H. P., 1990. "Troubled debt restructurings*1: An empirical study of private reorganization of firms in default," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 315-353, October.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30721347 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tseng-Chung Tang & Li-Chiu Chi, 2009. "Does Reorganization Adjudication Convey Firm-Specific Or Industry-Wide Information? Evidence From Taiwan," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 77(1), pages 82-95, January.
- Liao, Jui-Jung & Shih, Ching-Hui & Chen, Tai-Feng & Hsu, Ming-Fu, 2014. "An ensemble-based model for two-class imbalanced financial problem," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 175-183.
- Chi, Li-Chiu, 2009. "Contagion and competitive effects of plan confirmation of reorganization filings: Evidence from the Taiwan Stock Market," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 364-369, March.
- Abínzano, Isabel & Seco, Luis & Escobar, Marcos & Olivares, Pablo, 2009. "Single and Double Black-Cox: Two approaches for modelling debt restructuring," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 910-917, September.
- Lu, Jianjun & Tokinaga, Shozo, 2014. "Estimation of state changes in system descriptions for dynamic Bayesian networks by using a genetic procedure and particle filters," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 138-145.
- Sebahattin Demirkan & Harlan Platt, 2009. "Financial status, corporate governance quality, and the likelihood of managers using discretionary accruals," Accounting Research Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 22(2), pages 93-117, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecmode:v:24:y:2007:i:5:p:749-767. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30411 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.