The effects of bankruptcy filings on the competitors' earnings
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert Kennedy, 2000. "The Effect of Bankruptcy Filings on Rivals' Operating Performance: Evidence from 51 Large Bankruptcies," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(1), pages 5-25.
- Robert E. Lamy & G. Rodney Thompson, 1986. "Penn Square, Problem Loans, And Insolvency Risk," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 9(2), pages 103-111, June.
- Benartzi, Shlomo & Michaely, Roni & Thaler, Richard H, 1997.
" Do Changes in Dividends Signal the Future or the Past?,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 52(3), pages 1007-1034, July.
- Shlomo Benartzi & Roni Michaely & Richard Thaler, "undated". "Do Changes in Dividends Signal the Future or the Past?," CRSP working papers 327, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Shlomo Benartzi & Roni Michaely & Richard Thaler, 1997. "Do Changes in Dividends Signal the Future or the Past?," CRSP working papers 455, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Gerald D. Gay & Stephen G. Timme & Kenneth Yung, 1991. "Bank Failure And Contagion Effects: Evidence From Hong Kong," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 14(2), pages 153-165, June.
- Cheng, Louis T W & McDonald, James E, 1996. "Industry Structure and Ripple Effects of Bankruptcy Announcements," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 31(4), pages 783-807, November.
- Gay, Gerald D & Timme, Stephen G & Yung, Kenneth, 1991. "Bank Failure and Contagion Effects: Evidence from Hong Kong," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 14(2), pages 155-165, Summer.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tseng-Chung Tang & Li-Chiu Chi, 2009. "Does Reorganization Adjudication Convey Firm-Specific Or Industry-Wide Information? Evidence From Taiwan," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 77(1), pages 82-95, January.
- Chi, Li-Chiu & Tang, Tseng-Chung, 2007. "Impact of reorganization announcements on distressed-stock returns," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 749-767, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:reveco:v:11:y:2002:i:1:p:85-99. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620165 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.