The Intra-industry Effects of Open Market Share Repurchases: Contagion or Competitive?
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hertzel, Michael G, 1991. " The Effects of Stock Repurchases on Rival Firms," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(2), pages 707-716, June.
- Jaffe, Jeffrey F, 1974. "Special Information and Insider Trading," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 47(3), pages 410-428, July.
- Eckbo, B. Espen, 1983. "Horizontal mergers, collusion, and stockholder wealth," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-4), pages 241-273, April.
- Bagwell, Laurie Simon & Shoven, John B, 1989. "Cash Distributions to Shareholders," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(3), pages 129-140, Summer.
- Miller, James M. & McConnell, John J., 1995. "Open-Market Share Repurchase Programs and Bid-Ask Spreads on the NYSE: Implications for Corporate Payout Policy," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(03), pages 365-382, September.
- repec:bla:joares:v:25:y:1987:i:2:p:196-216 is not listed on IDEAS
- Aharony, Joseph & Swary, Itzhak, 1983. "Contagion Effects of Bank Failures: Evidence from Capital Markets," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 56(3), pages 305-322, July.
- Comment, Robert & Jarrell, Gregg A, 1991. " The Relative Signalling Power of Dutch-Auction and Fixed-Price Self-Tender Offers and Open-Market Share Repurchases," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(4), pages 1243-1271, September.
- Asquith, Paul & Mullins, David W, Jr, 1983. "The Impact of Initiating Dividend Payments on Shareholders' Wealth," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 56(1), pages 77-96, January.
- Foster, George, 1981. "Intra-industry information transfers associated with earnings releases," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 201-232, December.
- Vermaelen, Theo, 1981. "Common stock repurchases and market signalling : An empirical study," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 139-183, June.
- Firth, Michael, 1996. "Dividend Changes, Abnormal Returns, and Intra-lndustry Firm Valuations," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 31(02), pages 189-211, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Xin Yu & Peng Zhang & Ying Zheng, 2015. "Corporate Governance, Political Connections, and Intra-Industry Effects: Evidence from Corporate Scandals in China," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 44(1), pages 49-80, March.
- Balachandran, Balasingham & Faff, Robert & Nguyen, Tuan Anh, 2004. "The intra-industry impact of special dividend announcements: contagion versus competition," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(4-5), pages 369-385.
- Andres, Christian & Cumming, Douglas & Karabiber, Timur & Schweizer, Denis, 2014. "Do markets anticipate capital structure decisions? — Feedback effects in equity liquidity," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 133-156.
- Chang, Shao-Chi & Chen, Sheng-Syan & Lai, Jung-Ho, 2008. "The effect of alliance experience and intellectual capital on the value creation of international strategic alliances," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 298-316, April.
- Bradley, Daniel & Yuan, Xiaojing, 2013. "Information spillovers around seasoned equity offerings," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 106-118.
- Chi, Li-Chiu & Tang, Tseng-Chung, 2007. "Impact of reorganization announcements on distressed-stock returns," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 749-767, September.
- N. Kohers & T. Kohers, 2004. "Information sensitivity of high tech industries: evidence from merger announcements," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(7), pages 525-536.
- Chi, Li-Chiu, 2009. "Contagion and competitive effects of plan confirmation of reorganization filings: Evidence from the Taiwan Stock Market," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 364-369, March.
- Erwin, Gayle R. & Perry, Susan E., 2000. "The effect of foreign diversification on analysts' prediction errors," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 121-145.
- Chi, Li-Chiu & Tang, Tseng-Chung, 2008. "The response of industry rivals to announcements of reorganization filing," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 13-23, January.
- Hung, Weifeng, 2014. "Institutional trading and attention bias," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 71-91.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jfnres:v:21:y:1998:i:4:p:389-406. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sfaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.