The Effects of Stock Repurchases on Rival Firms
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Slovin, Myron B. & Sushka, Marie E. & Ferraro, Steven R., 1995. "A comparison of the information conveyed by equity carve-outs, spin-offs, and asset sell-offs," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 89-104, January.
- Xin Yu & Peng Zhang & Ying Zheng, 2015. "Corporate Governance, Political Connections, and Intra-Industry Effects: Evidence from Corporate Scandals in China," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 44(1), pages 49-80, March.
- Balachandran, Balasingham & Faff, Robert & Nguyen, Tuan Anh, 2004. "The intra-industry impact of special dividend announcements: contagion versus competition," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(4-5), pages 369-385.
- Beatty, Randolph P. & Bunsis, Howard & Hand, John R. M., 1998. "The indirect economic penalties in SEC investigations of underwriters," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 151-186, November.
- Erwin, Gayle R & Miller, James M, 1998. "The Intra-industry Effects of Open Market Share Repurchases: Contagion or Competitive?," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 21(4), pages 389-406, Winter.
- Chod, Jiri & Lyandres, Evgeny, 2011. "Strategic IPOs and product market competition," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 45-67, April.
- Liao, Tsai-Ling & Lin, Wen-Chun, 2016. "Product market competition and earnings management around open-market repurchase announcements," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 187-203.
- Aigbe Akhigbe & Jeff Madura, 1999. "Intraindustry Effects of Bank Stock Repurchases," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 15(1), pages 23-36, February.
- Otchere, Isaac, 2005. "Do privatized banks in middle- and low-income countries perform better than rival banks? An intra-industry analysis of bank privatization," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(8-9), pages 2067-2093, August.
- Francis, Bill B. & Hasan, Iftekhar & Kostova, Gergana L., 2016.
"When do peers matter?: A cross-country perspective,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 364-389.
- Francis, Bill B. & Hasan, Iftekhar & Kostova, Gergana L., 2016. "When do peers matter?: A cross-country perspective," Research Discussion Papers 8/2016, Bank of Finland.
- Massa, Massimo & Rehman, Zahid & Vermaelen, Theo, 2007. "Mimicking repurchases," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(3), pages 624-666, June.
- Arturo Bris & Christos Cabolis, 2002. "Corporate Governance Convergence by Contract: Evidence from Cross-Border Mergers," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm293, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Jan 2003.
- Bris, Arturo & Brisley, Neil & Cabolis, Christos, 2008. "Adopting better corporate governance: Evidence from cross-border mergers," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 224-240, June.
- Akhigbe, Aigbe & Martin, Anna D., 2000. "Information-signaling and competitive effects of foreign acquisitions in the US," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(8), pages 1307-1321, August.
- Jeff Madura & Thanh Ngo, 2012. "Re-examination of industry effects due to withdrawn mergers," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 36(3), pages 613-633, July.
- Hung, Weifeng, 2014. "Institutional trading and attention bias," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 71-91.
- Gygax, André F. & Otchere, Isaac, 2010. "Index composition changes and the cost of incumbency," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 2500-2509, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jfinan:v:46:y:1991:i:2:p:707-16. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/afaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.