The determinants of child mortality in the Philippines: estimation of a structural model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Olsen, Randall J & Wolpin, Kenneth I, 1983. "The Impact of Exogenous Child Mortality on Fertility: A Waiting Time Regression with Dynamic Regressors," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(3), pages 731-749, May.
- Heckman, James & Singer, Burton, 1984. "A Method for Minimizing the Impact of Distributional Assumptions in Econometric Models for Duration Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(2), pages 271-320, March.
- Jane Miller & James Trussell & Anne Pebley & Barbara Vaughan, 1992. "Birth spacing and child mortality in bangladesh and the Philippines," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 29(2), pages 305-318, May.
- Siân Curtis & Ian Diamond & John McDonald, 1993. "Birth interval and family effects on postneonatal mortality in Brazil," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 30(1), pages 33-43, February.
- David M. Blau & David K. Guilkey & Barry M. Popkin, 1996. "Infant Health and the Labor Supply of Mothers," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 31(1), pages 90-139.
- Barrera, Albino, 1990. "The role of maternal schooling and its interaction with public health programs in child health production," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 69-91, January.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1993:83:8:1130-1133_0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cebu Study Team, 1992. "A child health production function estimated from longitudinal data," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 323-351, April.
- Lee A. Lillard & Robert J. Willis, 1994.
"Intergenerational Educational Mobility: Effects of Family and State in Malaysia,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 29(4), pages 1126-1166.
- Lillard, L.A. & Willis, R.J., 1993. "Intergenerational Educational Mobility: Efects of Family and State in Malaysia," Papers 93-38, RAND - Labor and Population Program.
- Lillard, L.A. & Willis, R.J., 1995. "Intergenerational Educational Mobility, Effects of Family and State in Malaysia," Papers 95-02, RAND - Reprint Series.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R & Schultz, T Paul, 1982. "Market Opportunities, Genetic Endowments, and Intrafamily Resource Distribution: Child Survival in Rural India," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(4), pages 803-815, September.
- Michael Koenig & James Phillips & Oona Campbell & Stan D'Souza, 1990. "Birth Intervals and Childhood Mortality in Rural Bangladesh," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 27(2), pages 251-265, May.
- Behrman, Jere R. & Deolalikar, Anil B., 1988. "Health and nutrition," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 14, pages 631-711 Elsevier.
- Blau, David M, 1994. "Labor Force Dynamics of Older Men," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(1), pages 117-156, January.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R & Schultz, T Paul, 1983. "Estimating a Household Production Function: Heterogeneity, the Demand for Health Inputs, and Their Effects on Birth Weight," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(5), pages 723-746, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Foraita, Ronja & Klasen, Stephan & Pigeot, Iris, 2008. "Using graphical chain models to analyze differences in structural correlates of undernutrition in Benin and Bangladesh," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 398-419, December.
- Stephan Klasen, 2008.
"Poverty, undernutrition, and child mortality: Some inter-regional puzzles and their implicationsfor research and policy,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 6(1), pages 89-115, March.
- Klasen, Stephan, 2006. "Poverty, Undernutrition, and Child Mortality: Some Inter-Regional Puzzles and their Implications for Research and Policy," IZA Discussion Papers 2509, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Stephan Klasen, 2007. "Poverty, Undernutrition, and Child Mortality: Some Inter-Regional Puzzles and their Implications for Research and Policy," Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers 156, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- Klasen, Stephan, 2007. "Poverty, Undernutrition, and Child Mortality: Some Inter-Regional Puzzles and their Implications for Research and Policy," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Göttingen 2007 17, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Brijesh C. Purohit, 2015. "Impact of Water and Sanitation on Selected Water Borne Diseases in India," Working Papers 2015-117, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- Orbeta, Aniceto Jr. C., 2002. "A Review of Research on Population-Related Issues: 1980-2002," Discussion Papers DP 2002-17, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Eva Deuchert & Conny Wunsch, 2010.
"Evaluating Nationwide Health Interventions When Standard Before-After Doesn't Work: Malawi's ITN Distribution Program,"
University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2010
2010-12, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Deuchert, Eva & Wunsch, Conny, 2010. "Evaluating Nationwide Health Interventions When Standard Before-After Doesn't Work: Malawi's ITN Distribution Program," IZA Discussion Papers 4896, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Eva Deuchert & Conny Wunsch, 2010. "Evaluating Nationwide Health Interventions when Standard Before-After Doesn't Work: Malawi's ITN Distribution Program," CESifo Working Paper Series 3036, CESifo Group Munich.
- Thong Pham & Peter Kooreman & Ruud Koning & Doede Wiersma, 2013. "Gender patterns in Vietnam’s child mortality," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 26(1), pages 303-322, January.
- Lindelow, Magnus, 2004. "Health care decisions as a family matter - intra-household education externalities and the utilization of health services," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3324, The World Bank.
- Abou-Ali, Hala, 2003. "The effect of water and sanitation on child mortality in Egypt," Working Papers in Economics 112, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Imran Ashraf Toor & Muhammad Sabihuddin Butt, 2004. "Health Demand and Outcomes in Pakistan," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 9(1), pages 1-25, Jan-June.
- Winnie Yip & Peter Berman, 2001. "Targeted health insurance in a low income country and its impact on access and equity in access: Egypt's school health insurance," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(3), pages 207-220.
- Anthopolos, Rebecca & Becker, Charles M., 2010. "Global Infant Mortality: Correcting for Undercounting," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 467-481, April.
- Fábio Augusto Reis Gomes & Ari Francisco de Araujo Junior & Márcio Antônio Salvato, 2006. "Mortalidade Infantil No Brasil E No Sudeste: Determinantes E Perspectivas Para O Futuro," Anais do XII Seminário sobre a Economia Mineira [Proceedings of the 12th Seminar on the Economy of Minas Gerais],in: João Antonio de Paula & et alli (ed.), Anais do XII Seminário sobre a Economia Mineira [Proceedings of the 12th Seminar on the Economy of Minas Gerais] Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- Wagstaff, Adam & Nga Nguyet Nguyen, 2002. "Poverty and survival prospects of Vietnamese children under Doi Moi," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2832, The World Bank.
- Nidhiya Menon & Yana van der Meulen Rodgers, 2010. "Gender Differences in Socioeconomic Status and Health: Evidence from the 2008 Vietnam Household Living Standard Survey," Working Papers 18, Brandeis University, Department of Economics and International Businesss School.
- Sumarto, Sudarno & de Silva, Indunil, 2015. "Child Malnutrition in Indonesia: Can Education, Sanitation and Healthcare Augment the Role of Income?," MPRA Paper 66631, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 09 Sep 2015.
- Maria Carmela Lo Bue, 2014. "What drives child health improvements in Indonesian households? A micro-level perspective on complementarities in MDG achievements," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 155, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Jean-Pierre Lachaud, 2001. "Modélisation des déterminants de la mortalité des enfants et pauvreté aux Comores," Documents de travail 53, Groupe d'Economie du Développement de l'Université Montesquieu Bordeaux IV.
- Somanathan, Aparnaa, 2008. "Use of modern medical care for pregnancy and childbirth care : does female schooling matter ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4625, The World Bank.
- -, 2008. "Millennium development goals: progress towards the right to health in Latin america and the Caribbean," Libros y Documentos Institucionales, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), number 2919 edited by Eclac.
- Martínez, Rodrigo & Fernández, Andrés, 2007. "Model for analysing the social and economic impact of child undernutrition in Latin America," Manuales 52, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:deveco:v:56:y:1998:i:2:p:281-305. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.