A multi-criteria, long-term energy planning optimisation model with integrated on-grid and off-grid electrification – The case of Uganda
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Hao & Tang, Bao-Jun & Liao, Hua & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2016.
"A multi-period power generation planning model incorporating the non-carbon external costs: A case study of China,"
Elsevier, vol. 183(C), pages 1333-1345.
- Hao Chen & Bao-Jun Tang & Hua Liao & Yi-Ming Wei, 2016. "A multi-period power generation planning model incorporating the non-carbon external costs: A case study of China," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 97, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Dong, C. & Huang, G.H. & Cai, Y.P. & Xu, Y., 2011. "An interval-parameter minimax regret programming approach for power management systems planning under uncertainty," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(8), pages 2835-2845, August.
- Nerini, Francesco Fuso & Broad, Oliver & Mentis, Dimitris & Welsch, Manuel & Bazilian, Morgan & Howells, Mark, 2016. "A cost comparison of technology approaches for improving access to electricity services," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 255-265.
- Parshall, Lily & Pillai, Dana & Mohan, Shashank & Sanoh, Aly & Modi, Vijay, 2009. "National electricity planning in settings with low pre-existing grid coverage: Development of a spatial model and case study of Kenya," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 2395-2410, June.
- Yuan, Jiahai & Xu, Yan & Kang, Junjie & Zhang, Xingping & Hu, Zheng, 2014. "Nonlinear integrated resource strategic planning model and case study in China's power sector planning," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 27-40.
- Lenz, Luciane & Munyehirwe, Anicet & Peters, Jörg & Sievert, Maximiliane, 2017.
"Does Large-Scale Infrastructure Investment Alleviate Poverty? Impacts of Rwanda’s Electricity Access Roll-Out Program,"
Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 88-110.
- Lenz, Luciane & Munyehirwe, Anicet & Peters, Jörg & Sievert, Maximiliane, 2015. "Does Large Scale Infrastructure Investment Alleviate Poverty? Impacts of Rwanda's Electricity Access Roll-Out Program," Ruhr Economic Papers 555, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:117:y:2018:i:c:p:108-126 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:energy:v:126:y:2017:i:c:p:231-246 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:51:y:2000:i:6:d:10.1057_palgrave.jors.2600944 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hemmati, Reza & Saboori, Hedayat & Jirdehi, Mehdi Ahmadi, 2016. "Multistage generation expansion planning incorporating large scale energy storage systems and environmental pollution," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 636-645.
- Cai, Y.P. & Huang, G.H. & Tan, Q. & Yang, Z.F., 2011. "An integrated approach for climate-change impact analysis and adaptation planning under multi-level uncertainties. Part I: Methodology," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 2779-2790, August.
- Zvoleff, Alex & Kocaman, Ayse Selin & Huh, Woonghee Tim & Modi, Vijay, 2009. "The impact of geography on energy infrastructure costs," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 4066-4078, October.
- Antunes, C.Henggeler & Martins, A.Gomes & Brito, Isabel Sofia, 2004. "A multiple objective mixed integer linear programming model for power generation expansion planning," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 613-627.
- Zhang, Qi & Mclellan, Benjamin C. & Tezuka, Tetsuo & Ishihara, Keiichi N., 2013. "An integrated model for long-term power generation planning toward future smart electricity systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 1424-1437.
- Ren, Hongbo & Zhou, Weisheng & Nakagami, Ken'ichi & Gao, Weijun & Wu, Qiong, 2010. "Multi-objective optimization for the operation of distributed energy systems considering economic and environmental aspects," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(12), pages 3642-3651, December.
- Kaboli, S. Hr. Aghay & Selvaraj, J. & Rahim, N.A., 2016. "Long-term electric energy consumption forecasting via artificial cooperative search algorithm," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 115(P1), pages 857-871.
- repec:bla:inecol:v:16:y:2012:i:s1:p:s93-s109 is not listed on IDEAS
- Guo, Zheng & Cheng, Rui & Xu, Zhaofeng & Liu, Pei & Wang, Zhe & Li, Zheng & Jones, Ian & Sun, Yong, 2017. "A multi-region load dispatch model for the long-term optimum planning of China’s electricity sector," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 185(P1), pages 556-572.
- Cai, Y.P. & Huang, G.H. & Tan, Q. & Liu, L., 2011. "An integrated approach for climate-change impact analysis and adaptation planning under multi-level uncertainties. Part II. Case study," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 3051-3073, August.
- Thangavelu, Sundar Raj & Khambadkone, Ashwin M. & Karimi, Iftekhar A., 2015. "Long-term optimal energy mix planning towards high energy security and low GHG emission," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 154(C), pages 959-969.
- repec:eee:appene:v:230:y:2018:i:c:p:563-589 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sharan, Ishan & Balasubramanian, R., 2012. "Integrated generation and transmission expansion planning including power and fuel transportation constraints," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 275-284.
- Stuart E. Dreyfus, 1969. "An Appraisal of Some Shortest-Path Algorithms," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 17(3), pages 395-412, June.
- Muis, Z.A. & Hashim, H. & Manan, Z.A. & Taha, F.M. & Douglas, P.L., 2010. "Optimal planning of renewable energy-integrated electricity generation schemes with CO2 reduction target," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 2562-2570.
- Guerra, Omar J. & Tejada, Diego A. & Reklaitis, Gintaras V., 2016. "An optimization framework for the integrated planning of generation and transmission expansion in interconnected power systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 170(C), pages 1-21.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:74:y:2017:i:c:p:1189-1209 is not listed on IDEAS
- Modiri-Delshad, Mostafa & Aghay Kaboli, S. Hr. & Taslimi-Renani, Ehsan & Rahim, Nasrudin Abd, 2016. "Backtracking search algorithm for solving economic dispatch problems with valve-point effects and multiple fuel options," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 116(P1), pages 637-649.
- van Ruijven, Bas J. & Schers, Jules & van Vuuren, Detlef P., 2012. "Model-based scenarios for rural electrification in developing countries," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 386-397.
- Koltsaklis, Nikolaos E. & Dagoumas, Athanasios S. & Kopanos, Georgios M. & Pistikopoulos, Efstratios N. & Georgiadis, Michael C., 2014. "A spatial multi-period long-term energy planning model: A case study of the Greek power system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 456-482.
More about this item
KeywordsLong-term energy planning; Multi-objective mixed integer linear programming; Sub-Saharan Africa; Generation expansion problem (GEP); On-grid versus off-grid electrification; Solar Concentrated Power;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:243:y:2019:i:c:p:288-312. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.