Model-based scenarios for rural electrification in developing countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nouni, M.R. & Mullick, S.C. & Kandpal, T.C., 2008. "Providing electricity access to remote areas in India: An approach towards identifying potential areas for decentralized electricity supply," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 12(5), pages 1187-1220, June.
- Nandi, Sanjoy Kumar & Ghosh, Himangshu Ranjan, 2010. "Prospect of wind–PV-battery hybrid power system as an alternative to grid extension in Bangladesh," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 3040-3047.
- Balachandra, P. & Chandru, Vijay, 1999. "Modelling electricity demand with representative load curves," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 219-230.
- Voll, Sarah Potts & Rosenzweig, Michael B. & Pabon-Agudelo, Carlos, 2006. "Power Sector Reform: Is There a Road Forward?," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 24-37, July.
- Mainali, Brijesh & Silveira, Semida, 2011. "Financing off-grid rural electrification: Country case Nepal," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 2194-2201.
- Adenikinju, Adeola F., 2003. "Electric infrastructure failures in Nigeria: a survey-based analysis of the costs and adjustment responses," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(14), pages 1519-1530, November.
- Madubansi, M. & Shackleton, C.M., 2006. "Changing energy profiles and consumption patterns following electrification in five rural villages, South Africa," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(18), pages 4081-4092, December.
- van Ruijven, Bas & Urban, Frauke & Benders, René M.J. & Moll, Henri C. & van der Sluijs, Jeroen P. & de Vries, Bert & van Vuuren, Detlef P., 2008. "Modeling Energy and Development: An Evaluation of Models and Concepts," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 2801-2821, December.
- Bekker, Bernard & Eberhard, Anton & Gaunt, Trevor & Marquard, Andrew, 2008. "South Africa's rapid electrification programme: Policy, institutional, planning, financing and technical innovations," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 3115-3127, August.
- Balachandra, P., 2011. "Dynamics of rural energy access in India: An assessment," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 5556-5567.
- Gaunt, C. T., 2005. "Meeting electrification's social objectives in South Africa, and implications for developing countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1309-1317, July.
- Urban, F. & Benders, R.M.J. & Moll, H.C., 2007. "Modelling energy systems for developing countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 3473-3482, June.
- Bhattacharyya, Subhes C. & Timilsina, Govinda R., 2010. "Modelling energy demand of developing countries: Are the specific features adequately captured?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 1979-1990, April.
- Kyu Sik Lee & Alex Anas & Gi-Taik Oh, 1999. "Costs of Infrastructure Deficiencies for Manufacturing in Nigerian, Indonesian and Thai Cities," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 36(12), pages 2135-2149, November.
- van Ruijven, Bas J. & van Vuuren, Detlef P. & de Vries, Bert J.M. & Isaac, Morna & van der Sluijs, Jeroen P. & Lucas, Paul L. & Balachandra, P., 2011. "Model projections for household energy use in India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 7747-7761.
- Kaundinya, Deepak Paramashivan & Balachandra, P. & Ravindranath, N.H., 2009. "Grid-connected versus stand-alone energy systems for decentralized power--A review of literature," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(8), pages 2041-2050, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:118:y:2018:i:c:p:626-632 is not listed on IDEAS
- van Ruijven, Bas J. & van Vuuren, Detlef P. & van Vliet, Jasper & Mendoza Beltran, Angelica & Deetman, Sebastiaan & den Elzen, Michel G.J., 2012. "Implications of greenhouse gas emission mitigation scenarios for the main Asian regions," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(S3), pages 459-469.
- Fuso Nerini, Francesco & Dargaville, Roger & Howells, Mark & Bazilian, Morgan, 2015. "Estimating the cost of energy access: The case of the village of Suro Craic in Timor Leste," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 385-397.
- Eom, Jiyong & Clarke, Leon & Kim, Son H. & Kyle, Page & Patel, Pralit, 2012. "China's building energy demand: Long-term implications from a detailed assessment," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 405-419.
- repec:eee:energy:v:142:y:2018:i:c:p:962-982 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dornan, Matthew, 2014. "Access to electricity in Small Island Developing States of the Pacific: Issues and challenges," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 726-735.
- Fuss, Sabine & Chen, Claudine & Jakob, Michael & Marxen, Annika & Rao, Narasimha D. & Edenhofer, Ottmar, 2016.
"Could resource rents finance universal access to infrastructure? A first exploration of needs and rents,"
Environment and Development Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(06), pages 691-712, December.
- Sabine Fuss & Claudine Chen & Michael Jakob & Annika Marxen & Narasimha D. Rao & Ottmar Edenhofer, 2015. "Could Resource Rents Finance Universal Access to Infrastructure? A First Exploration of Needs and Rents," Working Papers 2015.93, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Veldhuis, A.J. & Reinders, A.H.M.E., 2015. "Reviewing the potential and cost-effectiveness of off-grid PV systems in Indonesia on a provincial level," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 757-769.
- Kusakana, Kanzumba, 2014. "Techno-economic analysis of off-grid hydrokinetic-based hybrid energy systems for onshore/remote area in South Africa," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 947-957.
- Paleta, Rita & Pina, André & Silva, Carlos A., 2012. "Remote Autonomous Energy Systems Project: Towards sustainability in developing countries," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 431-439.
- Lahimer, A.A. & Alghoul, M.A. & Yousif, Fadhil & Razykov, T.M. & Amin, N. & Sopian, K., 2013. "Research and development aspects on decentralized electrification options for rural household," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 314-324.
- repec:eee:energy:v:139:y:2017:i:c:p:184-195 is not listed on IDEAS
- Blum, Nicola U. & Sryantoro Wakeling, Ratri & Schmidt, Tobias S., 2013. "Rural electrification through village grids—Assessing the cost competitiveness of isolated renewable energy technologies in Indonesia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 482-496.
- Javadi, F.S. & Rismanchi, B. & Sarraf, M. & Afshar, O. & Saidur, R. & Ping, H.W. & Rahim, N.A., 2013. "Global policy of rural electrification," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 19(C), pages 402-416.
- Lucas, Paul L. & Nielsen, Jens & Calvin, Katherine & L. McCollum, David & Marangoni, Giacomo & Strefler, Jessica & van der Zwaan, Bob C.C. & van Vuuren, Detlef P., 2015. "Future energy system challenges for Africa: Insights from Integrated Assessment Models," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 705-717.
- Gualberti, Giorgio & Singer, Christine Eibs & Bazilian, Morgan, 2013. "The capacity to spend development funds in the energy sector," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 36-44.
- Johnson, Nathan G. & Bryden, Kenneth M., 2012. "Energy supply and use in a rural West African village," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 283-292.
- Ferrer-Martí, Laia & Garwood, Anna & Chiroque, José & Ramirez, Benito & Marcelo, Oliver & Garfí, Marianna & Velo, Enrique, 2012. "Evaluating and comparing three community small-scale wind electrification projects," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(7), pages 5379-5390.
- Nerini, Francesco Fuso & Broad, Oliver & Mentis, Dimitris & Welsch, Manuel & Bazilian, Morgan & Howells, Mark, 2016. "A cost comparison of technology approaches for improving access to electricity services," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 255-265.
More about this item
KeywordsRural electrification; Global energy modelling; Developing countries;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:38:y:2012:i:1:p:386-397. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.