Model-based scenarios for rural electrification in developing countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Balachandra, P. & Chandru, Vijay, 1999. "Modelling electricity demand with representative load curves," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 219-230.
- Voll, Sarah Potts & Rosenzweig, Michael B. & Pabon-Agudelo, Carlos, 2006. "Power Sector Reform: Is There a Road Forward?," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 24-37, July.
- Mainali, Brijesh & Silveira, Semida, 2011. "Financing off-grid rural electrification: Country case Nepal," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 2194-2201.
- Adenikinju, Adeola F., 2003. "Electric infrastructure failures in Nigeria: a survey-based analysis of the costs and adjustment responses," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(14), pages 1519-1530, November.
- Madubansi, M. & Shackleton, C.M., 2006. "Changing energy profiles and consumption patterns following electrification in five rural villages, South Africa," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(18), pages 4081-4092, December.
- Urban, F. & Benders, R.M.J. & Moll, H.C., 2007. "Modelling energy systems for developing countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 3473-3482, June.
- Nouni, M.R. & Mullick, S.C. & Kandpal, T.C., 2008. "Providing electricity access to remote areas in India: An approach towards identifying potential areas for decentralized electricity supply," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 12(5), pages 1187-1220, June.
- Nandi, Sanjoy Kumar & Ghosh, Himangshu Ranjan, 2010. "Prospect of wind–PV-battery hybrid power system as an alternative to grid extension in Bangladesh," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 3040-3047.
- van Ruijven, Bas & Urban, Frauke & Benders, René M.J. & Moll, Henri C. & van der Sluijs, Jeroen P. & de Vries, Bert & van Vuuren, Detlef P., 2008. "Modeling Energy and Development: An Evaluation of Models and Concepts," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 2801-2821, December.
- Bekker, Bernard & Eberhard, Anton & Gaunt, Trevor & Marquard, Andrew, 2008. "South Africa's rapid electrification programme: Policy, institutional, planning, financing and technical innovations," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 3115-3127, August.
- Balachandra, P., 2011. "Dynamics of rural energy access in India: An assessment," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 5556-5567.
- Gaunt, C. T., 2005. "Meeting electrification's social objectives in South Africa, and implications for developing countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1309-1317, July.
- Bhattacharyya, Subhes C. & Timilsina, Govinda R., 2010. "Modelling energy demand of developing countries: Are the specific features adequately captured?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 1979-1990, April.
- Kyu Sik Lee & Alex Anas & Gi-Taik Oh, 1999. "Costs of Infrastructure Deficiencies for Manufacturing in Nigerian, Indonesian and Thai Cities," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 36(12), pages 2135-2149, November.
- van Ruijven, Bas J. & van Vuuren, Detlef P. & de Vries, Bert J.M. & Isaac, Morna & van der Sluijs, Jeroen P. & Lucas, Paul L. & Balachandra, P., 2011. "Model projections for household energy use in India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 7747-7761.
- Kaundinya, Deepak Paramashivan & Balachandra, P. & Ravindranath, N.H., 2009. "Grid-connected versus stand-alone energy systems for decentralized power--A review of literature," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(8), pages 2041-2050, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lucas, Paul L. & Nielsen, Jens & Calvin, Katherine & L. McCollum, David & Marangoni, Giacomo & Strefler, Jessica & van der Zwaan, Bob C.C. & van Vuuren, Detlef P., 2015. "Future energy system challenges for Africa: Insights from Integrated Assessment Models," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 705-717.
- Gualberti, Giorgio & Singer, Christine Eibs & Bazilian, Morgan, 2013. "The capacity to spend development funds in the energy sector," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 36-44.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:118:y:2018:i:c:p:626-632 is not listed on IDEAS
- Johnson, Nathan G. & Bryden, Kenneth M., 2012. "Energy supply and use in a rural West African village," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 283-292.
- van Ruijven, Bas J. & van Vuuren, Detlef P. & van Vliet, Jasper & Mendoza Beltran, Angelica & Deetman, Sebastiaan & den Elzen, Michel G.J., 2012. "Implications of greenhouse gas emission mitigation scenarios for the main Asian regions," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(S3), pages 459-469.
- Fuso Nerini, Francesco & Dargaville, Roger & Howells, Mark & Bazilian, Morgan, 2015. "Estimating the cost of energy access: The case of the village of Suro Craic in Timor Leste," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 385-397.
- Ferrer-Martí, Laia & Garwood, Anna & Chiroque, José & Ramirez, Benito & Marcelo, Oliver & Garfí, Marianna & Velo, Enrique, 2012. "Evaluating and comparing three community small-scale wind electrification projects," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(7), pages 5379-5390.
- Eom, Jiyong & Clarke, Leon & Kim, Son H. & Kyle, Page & Patel, Pralit, 2012. "China's building energy demand: Long-term implications from a detailed assessment," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 405-419.
- Fuss, Sabine & Chen, Claudine & Jakob, Michael & Marxen, Annika & Rao, Narasimha D. & Edenhofer, Ottmar, 2016.
"Could resource rents finance universal access to infrastructure? A first exploration of needs and rents,"
Environment and Development Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(06), pages 691-712, December.
- Sabine Fuss & Claudine Chen & Michael Jakob & Annika Marxen & Narasimha D. Rao & Ottmar Edenhofer, 2015. "Could Resource Rents Finance Universal Access to Infrastructure? A First Exploration of Needs and Rents," Working Papers 2015.93, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- repec:eee:energy:v:142:y:2018:i:c:p:962-982 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dornan, Matthew, 2014. "Access to electricity in Small Island Developing States of the Pacific: Issues and challenges," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 726-735.
- Veldhuis, A.J. & Reinders, A.H.M.E., 2015. "Reviewing the potential and cost-effectiveness of off-grid PV systems in Indonesia on a provincial level," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 757-769.
- Kusakana, Kanzumba, 2014. "Techno-economic analysis of off-grid hydrokinetic-based hybrid energy systems for onshore/remote area in South Africa," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 947-957.
- Nerini, Francesco Fuso & Broad, Oliver & Mentis, Dimitris & Welsch, Manuel & Bazilian, Morgan & Howells, Mark, 2016. "A cost comparison of technology approaches for improving access to electricity services," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 255-265.
- Paleta, Rita & Pina, André & Silva, Carlos A., 2012. "Remote Autonomous Energy Systems Project: Towards sustainability in developing countries," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 431-439.
- Lahimer, A.A. & Alghoul, M.A. & Yousif, Fadhil & Razykov, T.M. & Amin, N. & Sopian, K., 2013. "Research and development aspects on decentralized electrification options for rural household," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 314-324.
- repec:eee:energy:v:139:y:2017:i:c:p:184-195 is not listed on IDEAS
- Blum, Nicola U. & Sryantoro Wakeling, Ratri & Schmidt, Tobias S., 2013. "Rural electrification through village grids—Assessing the cost competitiveness of isolated renewable energy technologies in Indonesia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 482-496.
- Javadi, F.S. & Rismanchi, B. & Sarraf, M. & Afshar, O. & Saidur, R. & Ping, H.W. & Rahim, N.A., 2013. "Global policy of rural electrification," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 19(C), pages 402-416.
More about this item
KeywordsRural electrification; Global energy modelling; Developing countries;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:38:y:2012:i:1:p:386-397. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .