Batch anaerobic co-digestion of pig manure with dewatered sewage sludge under mesophilic conditions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jiang, Xinyuan & Sommer, Sven G. & Christensen, Knud V., 2011. "A review of the biogas industry in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 6073-6081, October.
- Athanasoulia, E. & Melidis, P. & Aivasidis, A., 2012. "Optimization of biogas production from waste activated sludge through serial digestion," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 147-151.
- McCabe, Bernadette K. & Hamawand, Ihsan & Harris, Peter & Baillie, Craig & Yusaf, Talal, 2014. "A case study for biogas generation from covered anaerobic ponds treating abattoir wastewater: Investigation of pond performance and potential biogas production," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 798-808.
- Massé, Daniel I. & Rajagopal, Rajinikanth & Singh, Gursharan, 2014. "Technical and operational feasibility of psychrophilic anaerobic digestion biotechnology for processing ammonia-rich waste," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 49-55.
- Molinuevo-Salces, Beatriz & González-Fernández, Cristina & Gómez, Xiomar & García-González, María Cruz & Morán, Antonio, 2012. "Vegetable processing wastes addition to improve swine manure anaerobic digestion: Evaluation in terms of methane yield and SEM characterization," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 36-42.
- Rao, M. S. & Singh, S. P. & Singh, A. K. & Sodha, M. S., 2000. "Bioenergy conversion studies of the organic fraction of MSW: assessment of ultimate bioenergy production potential of municipal garbage," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 75-87, May.
- Zhu, Zhenwei & Hsueh, Michael K. & He, Qiang, 2011. "Enhancing biomethanation of municipal waste sludge with grease trap waste as a co-substrate," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1802-1807.
- Silvestre, G. & Illa, J. & Fernández, B. & Bonmatí, A., 2014. "Thermophilic anaerobic co-digestion of sewage sludge with grease waste: Effect of long chain fatty acids in the methane yield and its dewatering properties," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 87-94.
- Pastor, L. & Ruiz, L. & Pascual, A. & Ruiz, B., 2013. "Co-digestion of used oils and urban landfill leachates with sewage sludge and the effect on the biogas production," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 438-445.
- Moraes, Bruna S. & Junqueira, Tassia L. & Pavanello, Lucas G. & Cavalett, Otávio & Mantelatto, Paulo E. & Bonomi, Antonio & Zaiat, Marcelo, 2014. "Anaerobic digestion of vinasse from sugarcane biorefineries in Brazil from energy, environmental, and economic perspectives: Profit or expense?," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 825-835.
- Kafle, Gopi Krishna & Kim, Sang Hun, 2013. "Anaerobic treatment of apple waste with swine manure for biogas production: Batch and continuous operation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 61-72.
- Cai, Ting & Park, Stephen Y. & Racharaks, Ratanachat & Li, Yebo, 2013. "Cultivation of Nannochloropsis salina using anaerobic digestion effluent as a nutrient source for biofuel production," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 486-492.
- Chandra, R. & Vijay, V.K. & Subbarao, P.M.V. & Khura, T.K., 2012. "Production of methane from anaerobic digestion of jatropha and pongamia oil cakes," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 148-159.
- Nges, Ivo Achu & Liu, Jing, 2009. "Effects of anaerobic pre-treatment on the degradation of dewatered-sewage sludge," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 1795-1800.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yuan, Haiping & Chen, Ying & Dai, Xiaohu & Zhu, Nanwen, 2016. "Kinetics and microbial community analysis of sludge anaerobic digestion based on Micro-direct current treatment under different initial pH values," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 116(P1), pages 677-686.
- Zheng, Zehui & Liu, Jinhuan & Yuan, Xufeng & Wang, Xiaofen & Zhu, Wanbin & Yang, Fuyu & Cui, Zongjun, 2015. "Effect of dairy manure to switchgrass co-digestion ratio on methane production and the bacterial community in batch anaerobic digestion," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 151(C), pages 249-257.
- Bacenetti, Jacopo & Sala, Cesare & Fusi, Alessandra & Fiala, Marco, 2016. "Agricultural anaerobic digestion plants: What LCA studies pointed out and what can be done to make them more environmentally sustainable," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 179(C), pages 669-686.
- repec:eee:renene:v:115:y:2018:i:c:p:76-86 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ebenezer, A. Vimala & Arulazhagan, P. & Adish Kumar, S. & Yeom, Ick-Tae & Rajesh Banu, J., 2015. "Effect of deflocculation on the efficiency of low-energy microwave pretreatment and anaerobic biodegradation of waste activated sludge," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 145(C), pages 104-110.
- Jurado, E. & Antonopoulou, G. & Lyberatos, G. & Gavala, H.N. & Skiadas, I.V., 2016. "Continuous anaerobic digestion of swine manure: ADM1-based modelling and effect of addition of swine manure fibers pretreated with aqueous ammonia soaking," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 172(C), pages 190-198.
- Zuo, Zhuang & Wu, Shubiao & Qi, Xiangyang & Dong, Renjie, 2015. "Performance enhancement of leaf vegetable waste in two-stage anaerobic systems under high organic loading rate: Role of recirculation and hydraulic retention time," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 147(C), pages 279-286.
- Bacsik, Zoltán & Cheung, Ocean & Vasiliev, Petr & Hedin, Niklas, 2016. "Selective separation of CO2 and CH4 for biogas upgrading on zeolite NaKA and SAPO-56," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 613-621.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:79:y:2017:i:c:p:308-322 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yin, Yao & Liu, Ya-Juan & Meng, Shu-Juan & Kiran, Esra Uçkun & Liu, Yu, 2016. "Enzymatic pretreatment of activated sludge, food waste and their mixture for enhanced bioenergy recovery and waste volume reduction via anaerobic digestion," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 179(C), pages 1131-1137.
- Koch, Konrad & Helmreich, Brigitte & Drewes, Jörg E., 2015. "Co-digestion of food waste in municipal wastewater treatment plants: Effect of different mixtures on methane yield and hydrolysis rate constant," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 250-255.
- Jain, Siddharth & Jain, Shivani & Wolf, Ingo Tim & Lee, Jonathan & Tong, Yen Wah, 2015. "A comprehensive review on operating parameters and different pretreatment methodologies for anaerobic digestion of municipal solid waste," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 142-154.
- Elsamadony, M. & Tawfik, A. & Suzuki, M., 2015. "Surfactant-enhanced biohydrogen production from organic fraction of municipal solid waste (OFMSW) via dry anaerobic digestion," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 272-282.
- repec:eee:energy:v:143:y:2018:i:c:p:488-499 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zhang, Jingxin & Loh, Kai-Chee & Li, Wangliang & Lim, Jun Wei & Dai, Yanjun & Tong, Yen Wah, 2017. "Three-stage anaerobic digester for food waste," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 194(C), pages 287-295.
- repec:eee:energy:v:141:y:2017:i:c:p:1695-1704 is not listed on IDEAS
- Deng, Liangwei & Yang, Hongnan & Liu, Gangjin & Zheng, Dan & Chen, Ziai & Liu, Yi & Pu, Xiaodong & Song, Li & Wang, Zhiyong & Lei, Yunhui, 2014. "Kinetics of temperature effects and its significance to the heating strategy for anaerobic digestion of swine wastewater," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 349-355.
- Zhen, Guangyin & Lu, Xueqin & Kobayashi, Takuro & Li, Yu-You & Xu, Kaiqin & Zhao, Youcai, 2015. "Mesophilic anaerobic co-digestion of waste activated sludge and Egeria densa: Performance assessment and kinetic analysis," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 78-86.
More about this item
KeywordsAnaerobic co-digestion; Pig manure; Sewage sludge; Kinetic model;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:128:y:2014:i:c:p:175-183. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.