Anaerobic treatment of apple waste with swine manure for biogas production: Batch and continuous operation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kaparaju, Prasad & Serrano, María & Angelidaki, Irini, 2010. "Optimization of biogas production from wheat straw stillage in UASB reactor," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(12), pages 3779-3783, December.
- Ehimen, E.A. & Sun, Z.F. & Carrington, C.G. & Birch, E.J. & Eaton-Rye, J.J., 2011. "Anaerobic digestion of microalgae residues resulting from the biodiesel production process," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(10), pages 3454-3463.
- Chandra, R. & Vijay, V.K. & Subbarao, P.M.V. & Khura, T.K., 2012. "Production of methane from anaerobic digestion of jatropha and pongamia oil cakes," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 148-159.
- Molinuevo-Salces, Beatriz & González-Fernández, Cristina & Gómez, Xiomar & García-González, María Cruz & Morán, Antonio, 2012. "Vegetable processing wastes addition to improve swine manure anaerobic digestion: Evaluation in terms of methane yield and SEM characterization," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 36-42.
- González-Fernández, Cristina & Molinuevo-Salces, Beatriz & García-González, Maria Cruz, 2011. "Evaluation of anaerobic codigestion of microalgal biomass and swine manure via response surface methodology," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(10), pages 3448-3453.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bateni, Hamed & Karimi, Keikhosro & Zamani, Akram & Benakashani, Fatemeh, 2014. "Castor plant for biodiesel, biogas, and ethanol production with a biorefinery processing perspective," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 14-22.
- Abudi, Zaidun Naji & Hu, Zhiquan & Sun, Na & Xiao, Bo & Rajaa, Nagham & Liu, Cuixia & Guo, Dabin, 2016. "Batch anaerobic co-digestion of OFMSW (organic fraction of municipal solid waste), TWAS (thickened waste activated sludge) and RS (rice straw): Influence of TWAS and RS pretreatment and mixing ratio," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 131-140.
- Zheng, Zehui & Liu, Jinhuan & Yuan, Xufeng & Wang, Xiaofen & Zhu, Wanbin & Yang, Fuyu & Cui, Zongjun, 2015. "Effect of dairy manure to switchgrass co-digestion ratio on methane production and the bacterial community in batch anaerobic digestion," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 151(C), pages 249-257.
- Mustafa, Ahmed M. & Poulsen, Tjalfe G. & Sheng, Kuichuan, 2016. "Fungal pretreatment of rice straw with Pleurotus ostreatus and Trichoderma reesei to enhance methane production under solid-state anaerobic digestion," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 180(C), pages 661-671.
- Riggio, Vincenzo & Comino, Elena & Rosso, Maurizio, 2015. "Energy production from anaerobic co-digestion processing of cow slurry, olive pomace and apple pulp," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 1043-1049.
- Li, Kun & Liu, Ronghou & Sun, Chen, 2016. "A review of methane production from agricultural residues in China," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 857-865.
- Deng, Liangwei & Li, Yang & Chen, Ziai & Liu, Gangjin & Yang, Hongnan, 2014. "Separation of swine slurry into different concentration fractions and its influence on biogas fermentation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 504-511.
- Soltan, Mohamed & Elsamadony, Mohamed & Tawfik, Ahmed, 2017. "Biological hydrogen promotion via integrated fermentation of complex agro-industrial wastes," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 185(P1), pages 929-938.
- Bacsik, Zoltán & Cheung, Ocean & Vasiliev, Petr & Hedin, Niklas, 2016. "Selective separation of CO2 and CH4 for biogas upgrading on zeolite NaKA and SAPO-56," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 613-621.
- Grima-Olmedo, C. & Ramírez-Gómez, Á. & Alcalde-Cartagena, R., 2014. "Energetic performance of landfill and digester biogas in a domestic cooker," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 301-308.
- Zhang, Fang & Zhang, Yan & Chen, Yun & Dai, Kun & van Loosdrecht, Mark C.M. & Zeng, Raymond J., 2015. "Simultaneous production of acetate and methane from glycerol by selective enrichment of hydrogenotrophic methanogens in extreme-thermophilic (70°C) mixed culture fermentation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 326-333.
- Borowski, Sebastian & Kucner, Marcin & Czyżowska, Agata & Berłowska, Joanna, 2016. "Co-digestion of poultry manure and residues from enzymatic saccharification and dewatering of sugar beet pulp," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 492-500.
- Elsamadony, M. & Tawfik, A. & Suzuki, M., 2015. "Surfactant-enhanced biohydrogen production from organic fraction of municipal solid waste (OFMSW) via dry anaerobic digestion," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 272-282.
- Browne, James D. & Murphy, Jerry D., 2014. "The impact of increasing organic loading in two phase digestion of food waste," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 69-76.
- repec:eee:energy:v:143:y:2018:i:c:p:488-499 is not listed on IDEAS
- Browne, James D. & Allen, Eoin & Murphy, Jerry D., 2014. "Assessing the variability in biomethane production from the organic fraction of municipal solid waste in batch and continuous operation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 307-314.
- Zhang, Wanqin & Wei, Quanyuan & Wu, Shubiao & Qi, Dandan & Li, Wei & Zuo, Zhuang & Dong, Renjie, 2014. "Batch anaerobic co-digestion of pig manure with dewatered sewage sludge under mesophilic conditions," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 175-183.
- Li, Yangyang & Jin, Yiying & Li, Jinhui & Li, Hailong & Yu, Zhixin, 2016. "Effects of thermal pretreatment on the biomethane yield and hydrolysis rate of kitchen waste," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 172(C), pages 47-58.
- Peng, Xiaowei & Nges, Ivo Achu & Liu, Jing, 2016. "Improving methane production from wheat straw by digestate liquor recirculation in continuous stirred tank processes," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 12-18.
More about this item
KeywordsAnaerobic treatment; Apple waste; Batch and continuous test; Biogas; Kinetic study; Swine manure;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:103:y:2013:i:c:p:61-72. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .