Anaerobic treatment of apple waste with swine manure for biogas production: Batch and continuous operation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kaparaju, Prasad & Serrano, María & Angelidaki, Irini, 2010. "Optimization of biogas production from wheat straw stillage in UASB reactor," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(12), pages 3779-3783, December.
- Ehimen, E.A. & Sun, Z.F. & Carrington, C.G. & Birch, E.J. & Eaton-Rye, J.J., 2011. "Anaerobic digestion of microalgae residues resulting from the biodiesel production process," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(10), pages 3454-3463.
- Chandra, R. & Vijay, V.K. & Subbarao, P.M.V. & Khura, T.K., 2012. "Production of methane from anaerobic digestion of jatropha and pongamia oil cakes," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 148-159.
- Molinuevo-Salces, Beatriz & González-Fernández, Cristina & Gómez, Xiomar & García-González, María Cruz & Morán, Antonio, 2012. "Vegetable processing wastes addition to improve swine manure anaerobic digestion: Evaluation in terms of methane yield and SEM characterization," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 36-42.
- González-Fernández, Cristina & Molinuevo-Salces, Beatriz & García-González, Maria Cruz, 2011. "Evaluation of anaerobic codigestion of microalgal biomass and swine manure via response surface methodology," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(10), pages 3448-3453.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bateni, Hamed & Karimi, Keikhosro & Zamani, Akram & Benakashani, Fatemeh, 2014. "Castor plant for biodiesel, biogas, and ethanol production with a biorefinery processing perspective," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 14-22.
- Abudi, Zaidun Naji & Hu, Zhiquan & Sun, Na & Xiao, Bo & Rajaa, Nagham & Liu, Cuixia & Guo, Dabin, 2016. "Batch anaerobic co-digestion of OFMSW (organic fraction of municipal solid waste), TWAS (thickened waste activated sludge) and RS (rice straw): Influence of TWAS and RS pretreatment and mixing ratio," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 131-140.
- Zheng, Zehui & Liu, Jinhuan & Yuan, Xufeng & Wang, Xiaofen & Zhu, Wanbin & Yang, Fuyu & Cui, Zongjun, 2015. "Effect of dairy manure to switchgrass co-digestion ratio on methane production and the bacterial community in batch anaerobic digestion," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 151(C), pages 249-257.
- Mustafa, Ahmed M. & Poulsen, Tjalfe G. & Sheng, Kuichuan, 2016. "Fungal pretreatment of rice straw with Pleurotus ostreatus and Trichoderma reesei to enhance methane production under solid-state anaerobic digestion," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 180(C), pages 661-671.
- Riggio, Vincenzo & Comino, Elena & Rosso, Maurizio, 2015. "Energy production from anaerobic co-digestion processing of cow slurry, olive pomace and apple pulp," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 1043-1049.
- Li, Kun & Liu, Ronghou & Sun, Chen, 2016. "A review of methane production from agricultural residues in China," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 857-865.
- Deng, Liangwei & Li, Yang & Chen, Ziai & Liu, Gangjin & Yang, Hongnan, 2014. "Separation of swine slurry into different concentration fractions and its influence on biogas fermentation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 504-511.
- Soltan, Mohamed & Elsamadony, Mohamed & Tawfik, Ahmed, 2017. "Biological hydrogen promotion via integrated fermentation of complex agro-industrial wastes," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 185(P1), pages 929-938.
- Bacsik, Zoltán & Cheung, Ocean & Vasiliev, Petr & Hedin, Niklas, 2016. "Selective separation of CO2 and CH4 for biogas upgrading on zeolite NaKA and SAPO-56," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 613-621.
- repec:eee:renene:v:125:y:2018:i:c:p:529-536 is not listed on IDEAS
- Grima-Olmedo, C. & Ramírez-Gómez, Á. & Alcalde-Cartagena, R., 2014. "Energetic performance of landfill and digester biogas in a domestic cooker," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 301-308.
- Zhang, Fang & Zhang, Yan & Chen, Yun & Dai, Kun & van Loosdrecht, Mark C.M. & Zeng, Raymond J., 2015. "Simultaneous production of acetate and methane from glycerol by selective enrichment of hydrogenotrophic methanogens in extreme-thermophilic (70°C) mixed culture fermentation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 326-333.
- Borowski, Sebastian & Kucner, Marcin & Czyżowska, Agata & Berłowska, Joanna, 2016. "Co-digestion of poultry manure and residues from enzymatic saccharification and dewatering of sugar beet pulp," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 492-500.
- Elsamadony, M. & Tawfik, A. & Suzuki, M., 2015. "Surfactant-enhanced biohydrogen production from organic fraction of municipal solid waste (OFMSW) via dry anaerobic digestion," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 272-282.
- Browne, James D. & Murphy, Jerry D., 2014. "The impact of increasing organic loading in two phase digestion of food waste," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 69-76.
- repec:eee:energy:v:143:y:2018:i:c:p:488-499 is not listed on IDEAS
- Browne, James D. & Allen, Eoin & Murphy, Jerry D., 2014. "Assessing the variability in biomethane production from the organic fraction of municipal solid waste in batch and continuous operation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 307-314.
- repec:eee:appene:v:213:y:2018:i:c:p:136-147 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zhang, Wanqin & Wei, Quanyuan & Wu, Shubiao & Qi, Dandan & Li, Wei & Zuo, Zhuang & Dong, Renjie, 2014. "Batch anaerobic co-digestion of pig manure with dewatered sewage sludge under mesophilic conditions," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 175-183.
- repec:eee:renene:v:124:y:2018:i:c:p:129-135 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:renene:v:123:y:2018:i:c:p:15-25 is not listed on IDEAS
- Li, Yangyang & Jin, Yiying & Li, Jinhui & Li, Hailong & Yu, Zhixin, 2016. "Effects of thermal pretreatment on the biomethane yield and hydrolysis rate of kitchen waste," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 172(C), pages 47-58.
- Peng, Xiaowei & Nges, Ivo Achu & Liu, Jing, 2016. "Improving methane production from wheat straw by digestate liquor recirculation in continuous stirred tank processes," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 12-18.
More about this item
KeywordsAnaerobic treatment; Apple waste; Batch and continuous test; Biogas; Kinetic study; Swine manure;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:103:y:2013:i:c:p:61-72. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.